New 8/25 Direct Price Incentives?

NVDISFamily

DIS Veteran
Hi DVC Family. I love the threads that try and guess the new pricing incentives for direct purchases. With the current round of direct incentives coming to an end, what is your prediction on what will come next?

I'm hopeful that the base rate will stay at 207 for current selling resorts to help give some love to my amigos that are waiting for VDH and Poly2. Hopefully economic pressure will keep this steady for a few more cycles so everyone can buy in at a good price per point in a few months....

Do you think another round of better direct incentives will hit for a period of time? Will I regret locking in the early July promo.... :)

And most important, will they offer any deals on purchases of the "sold out" resorts? Will they try and get rid of those buckets of SSR points the ROFR monster has taken?

I'm betting that the base rate remains $207 for Riviera and Grand Floridian. I'm also thinking that the incentives for GF slightly increase while those for the RIV remain the same.

I would love to see a "special" deal come out for OKW, but I'm not holding my breath.

The incentive only went down to cover the Visa promotion. I suspect they will stay the same - Dispite reports, VGF is still outselling RIV as last month was almost even. There was less than 300 points difference, so the extra RR discount is still needed.

Does anyone recall if the promotions announced in August last year lasted until December? I can’t recall if the Aulani fire sale was announced in late August last year, or later in the fall.

The crazy BWV sale happened when we were at WDW around Halloween last year. We were tempted, however decided to hold out...and ended up buying a few resales since. The two AKV's we bought just hit the account. We're about 7-10 days out before hearing about our OKWE contract in ROFR.

DH and I would likely go for a deal on more OKW. I have to buy AP's for four over the weekend, so I'll have that piece of plastic in my hand...LOL!

:bored:

That little email tease is killing me. Now I want to know what the exact incentives are asap!
Same! I have been toying with buying more RIV points or maybe trying to buy some points at DL... and we are heading out on Saturday.

I saw that. We are staying at VGF next week, so it would be pretty easy to do a resort tour there (I think?). (Does $2700 over 150 points = $18 points for riviera?) hmmm

Also intrigued by "other offers may be available"

I wonder if there's a new online tour functionality debuting? There's a mention of an online tour.

I also wonder how much existing members need to participate in this tour. If an existing Riviera owner wants to add on at Riviera, do they really need a tour? Seems like a waste of CM and guest time.

The $2700 reduction is also interesting. The website currently advertises $3200 in savings for new members, but based on 200 points. For existing members, it advertises $1800 savings on 150. The $2700 kind of has to be on 150 points? See below

$2700 / 150 = $18/pt, seems reasonable though a steeper discount than I'd expect for late summer (it would match what we saw from 6/2 - 7/14, which itself was an uncharacteristically large incentive)
$2700 / 100 = $27/pt, seems way too much but sign me up!
$2700 / 200 = $13.5/pt, non-integer doesn't seem likely
$2700 / 250 = $10.8/pt, also non-integer
$2700 / 300 = $9, this would be a big drop in incentive and I don't think we've seen "save $$$$" headliner quote based on 300pt purchases for a long time.

I wonder if there's a new online tour functionality debuting? There's a mention of an online tour.

I also wonder how much existing members need to participate in this tour. If an existing Riviera owner wants to add on at Riviera, do they really need a tour? Seems like a waste of CM and guest time.

The $2700 reduction is also interesting. The website currently advertises $3200 in savings for new members, but based on 200 points. For existing members, it advertises $1800 savings on 150. The $2700 kind of has to be on 150 points? See below

$2700 / 150 = $18/pt, seems reasonable though a steeper discount than I'd expect for late summer (it would match what we saw from 6/2 - 7/14, which itself was an uncharacteristically large incentive)
$2700 / 100 = $27/pt, seems way too much but sign me up!
$2700 / 200 = $13.5/pt, non-integer doesn't seem likely
$2700 / 250 = $10.8/pt, also non-integer
$2700 / 300 = $9, this would be a big drop in incentive and I don't think we've seen "save $$$$" headliner quote based on 300pt purchases for a long time.
I’m pretty sure the $2700 is based on 150 points.

The tour language has always been there. There's nothing new about it. It doesn't mean anything.

July 2021 email:
Screenshot_20220824-123427.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter