• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New “Music of Pixar Live!” Show Coming to Hollywood Studios this Summer-FPs Now Available

Here art dhs and watching the 5pm show.
It sounds like smaller scale of Star Wars in Concert which I loved.
Not a lot of people are going to be into an orchestral performance for 45 minutes and that's fine. I'm loving the variety in WDW shows lately, a little bit if everything

I was able to move a couple of things around last night so that we can see it this week. I get an orchestra, kids get Sci-Fi, and we all get to see F! for the first time. What a great way to end our first day in the parks!

Does the dining package seem unnecessary? I have HBD booked for $65 per person and could easily do Sci-Fi and use the savings for something else. I figure the later shows would be "less" crowded.

Does the dining package seem unnecessary? I have HBD booked for $65 per person and could easily do Sci-Fi and use the savings for something else. I figure the later shows would be "less" crowded.

I'm wondering the same thing. We have a sci fi one night and the package booked another. The restaurants don't really appeal to me so I'm hoping I can get in to a later show stand by.

Kudos to Disney for trying something new. A live orchestral show performed flawlessly for 45 minutes to an audience that is not used to this type of entertainment is hard. Not everything has to be in your face, fireworks, characters, loudness... I loved the Pixar Concert and wish they continue performing through the summer and beyond. I'm not sure what people were expecting, clearly described as a live orchestra 45 minute show, I counted about 25 people getting up and leaving mid performance, very rude

There's no need for the dining package for any show at Disney. You can easily get in.

But with the dining package, if you plan to eat already at one of the restaurants then you might as well do it

I dont see the need for the package if you can get there at least 30 to 40 minutes early
Thanks, great to hear! I usually show up with ample time so I would set aside at least 45 minutes to wait in line. I saw a preview and I cant wait to see it live :)

There's no need for the dining package for any show at Disney. You can easily get in.

But with the dining package, if you plan to eat already at one of the restaurants then you might as well do it
Great point! I have only done a CP package and I made sure it was a decent value. You just need to be patient and get in line at the appropriate time! We do enjoy HBD, but this is a last minute, quick, and "cheap" trip that easily gets pricier if I do a HBD package.

I've never been in this theater before. Are drinks allowed in for the show and snacks? Nice to know it's at least covered & there are cushioned seats & fans.

I was kind of hoping I'd be able to do what I usually can for Fantasmic & find a seat around 15 minutes before the show for just myself (on a weekday). Not sure what showing, if any, this would work for. I know it just began but if anyone has been so far & noticed seats available just before the show begins, any input would be appreciated.

I've never been in this theater before. Are drinks allowed in for the show and snacks? Nice to know it's at least covered & there are cushioned seats & fans.

I was kind of hoping I'd be able to do what I usually can for Fantasmic & find a seat around 15 minutes before the show for just myself (on a weekday). Not sure what showing, if any, this would work for. I know it just began but if anyone has been so far & noticed seats available just before the show begins, any input would be appreciated.

Drinks and snacks are allowed in. They have a stand right before you go in selling drinks

So I saw the show yesterday and here's my take.

The orchestra is amazing. They all played together perfectly and sounded fantastic. If you're into instruments, broadway music, production, etc..you'll appreciate this show.

The issue with the show is what I think a BUNCH of people aren't realizing is that their not playing hit sing a long songs from the movies. What their playing you won't find on a "Now: Disney edition" cd. I think many people are going in expecting to hear a band play something like Let it Go, Under the Sea, etc while movie clips are playing and people are singing a long. This is not the case. Because of that is why I think many people leave the show. Just at the one showing I watched, I probably saw 30-40 people get up at different times and leave.

The show shows movie clips from different Pixar movies and the orchestra plays matching music to convey the emotion. There's no words (until the very last song of the show when the characters come out). So when they show happy scenes you hear upbeat lively music, when there's depressing scenes you hear mellow sad music.

Characters come out on the stage, the green army men are there prior to the show as comedic relief to pass the time.

If you know you're not going to see something like the Frozen sing-a-long, and you enjoy an orchestra, then you'll enjoy this show.

I recommend showing up 30-45 min early to get a good seat and to be underneath the roof so you have fans. I was running late and showed up 5 min prior so we had to sit in the bleachers. Not a bad seat anywhere view wise, but up closer and under the fans is preferable

My daughter plays clarinet in her school band and loves orchestral music, especially Disney. She's already watched the entire you tube video and can't wait to see it live in just over 2 weeks. We're doing the package with HBD.

So I saw the show yesterday and here's my take.

The orchestra is amazing. They all played together perfectly and sounded fantastic. If you're into instruments, broadway music, production, etc..you'll appreciate this show.

The issue with the show is what I think a BUNCH of people aren't realizing is that their not playing hit sing a long songs from the movies. What their playing you won't find on a "Now: Disney edition" cd. I think many people are going in expecting to hear a band play something like Let it Go, Under the Sea, etc while movie clips are playing and people are singing a long. This is not the case. Because of that is why I think many people leave the show. Just at the one showing I watched, I probably saw 30-40 people get up at different times and leave.

The show shows movie clips from different Pixar movies and the orchestra plays matching music to convey the emotion. There's no words (until the very last song of the show when the characters come out). So when they show happy scenes you hear upbeat lively music, when there's depressing scenes you hear mellow sad music.

Characters come out on the stage, the green army men are there prior to the show as comedic relief to pass the time.

If you know you're not going to see something like the Frozen sing-a-long, and you enjoy an orchestra, then you'll enjoy this show.

I recommend showing up 30-45 min early to get a good seat and to be underneath the roof so you have fans. I was running late and showed up 5 min prior so we had to sit in the bleachers. Not a bad seat anywhere view wise, but up closer and under the fans is preferable

We saw the very first show on Friday at 5PM. Having no idea of what the crowds might be I booked a dining package at Mama Melrose.

We showed up at 4:50. We had good seats about 1/3 of the way up from the stage in the center section. @CAS239 gave a good summary above. At times the show seemed to lull. Other times it stayed at a good and positive level. It did not blow me away. It was fun. I would not try hard to see it again. If you miss it do not get too worried. I think Disney fans who are interested in a different type of experience, this was different. So it is worth doing IMO. Just not on my "not to be missed list".

:wizard:

We were at the first show Friday at 5 pm. DH and I along with the 2 teen (band) girls really enjoyed it. Three year old DS was not quite as impressed - just poor timing and he missed his nap so he was extra squiggly. The movie sequences did not keep him engaged enough.

I did think a couple of the selections were a bit lengthy but the orchestra was phenomenal. Many times I forgot it was a live performance! We had the dining package (Mama Melrose) and got there about 10 minutes early. Sat in the front middle section about 10'ish rows up - very happy with the location because we were running a bit later than I wanted.

I don't recall seeing many people leaving - maybe a few trying to beat the crowds out st the end. Overall, we liked it and would do it again, but might split up and do something different with DS. It was well performed and fun - something different for sure. And seeing Carl was icing on the cake.

We were at the first show Friday at 5 pm. DH and I along with the 2 teen (band) girls really enjoyed it. Three year old DS was not quite as impressed - just poor timing and he missed his nap so he was extra squiggly. The movie sequences did not keep him engaged enough.

I did think a couple of the selections were a bit lengthy but the orchestra was phenomenal. Many times I forgot it was a live performance! We had the dining package (Mama Melrose) and got there about 10 minutes early. Sat in the front middle section about 10'ish rows up - very happy with the location because we were running a bit later than I wanted.

I don't recall seeing many people leaving - maybe a few trying to beat the crowds out st the end. Overall, we liked it and would do it again, but might split up and do something different with DS. It was well performed and fun - something different for sure. And seeing Carl was icing on the cake.
LOL, we probably sat next to each other as we both arrived at the same time. Thanks for sharing. :)

like I mentioned I got in line at 4pm, the queue was forming past the umbrella podium so it was a shady wait, had about 20 people in front of me, at 4:15pm they opened the theater and I got a seat behind the sound booth so perfect view, no heads in front of me
18700718_1839754113018398_5634005159248470495_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter