Need tips on base tickets and options

gkly78

Earning My Ears
We will be spending 6 days in June at WDW. Party of 4 (2 adults and 2 children 8yr & 9yr). We were looking to purchase the 6 day base pass, but are undecided on the Park Hopper ($180) and the Water Park ($200) options. Should we take these options? Are they worth it? :confused3

This is my family's first trip, although my husband and I both went in our other life, before kids.

We got the Park Hoppers. I love the idea of being able to go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning, then choose one of Epcot's many wonderful restaurants for dinner. Likewise, we can spend the morning at the Animal Kingdom then see the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. For us, I think it's money well spent.

I opted NOT to get the water park options. For starters, we're staying at the Polynesian-- that volcano pool looks great!! Secondly, there's a water park 45 minutes from here. I would rather spend our Disney time (and money) at someplace more uniquely Disney.

Depends on what your family likes to do. We ALWAYS get the park hopper. That is the best money spent. We've done the water parks and aren't interested in going now with little ones, so we don't add the water parks. There's always the hotel pool. Your kids are at a great age for the water parks, though. You only have 6 days. What are the ticket prices if you buy for the waterparks separately? I wonder if it's close to $200. Could be cheaper to do it not on the plan and with a park hopper. Have fun!

we never get the hopper or no expiration option. we find that each park is more than a full day's worth of things to see and do. making your way to the front of the park, getting on transportation, going thru the gates of the next park is time consuming, a lot of added walking. we prefer to stick to 1 park per day. we do however get the water park fun n more option. we love the water parks and use them as 'down' days to give our feet a rest after pounding the pavement in the parks. we usually do 2 days in the parks, 1 day at a water park or other activities and then 2 days at parks, etc..... We also wil go to downtown disney as a 'down' day and do disneyquest which is included the water park fun n more. disneyquest is w a y c o o l.....

then again, it's all about preference, that's the beauty of Disney. just have fun.

We had the same question and were counseled by several dis-ers that we might want to get the base tickets only at first and then just add on the other perks if we found out we wanted/needed them.
You only pay the difference so it doesn't hurt you to do it later and if you don't end up needing to park hop or decide against the water parks in favor of more Magic Kingdom, etc. then you have not lost that money up front.
Please note that you will pay the difference for the upgrade on your entire pass not just whatever days remain when you make the change. (i.e. If you get 6 day base tix and on the 3rd day you decide you want to add one or more add-ons you pay the difference for all 6 days not just the three/four you have left. It still seems like a good deal to me though because the end amount spent is the same you would have shelled out up front -- no more no less -- and you haven't spent the extra until you're sure you really need to!)

We usually buy a hopper pass, but since we didn't hop on our last visit, we decided against it this trip. I agree with adding it if we change our mind. You could also save if you use UT for your tickets. We saved about $20 per ticket overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter