Need Suggestions from the experts

new

Earning My Ears
I need help...our family of four (kids ages 9 and 12) want to visit disney for 4 days (no hopper) and universal for 1 day. We want to do this as economically as possible, but still have a nice time. We have stayed on site at both parks before, but wondering if we could find a cheaper option to staying on site at universal (and possibly disney). To throw a monkey wrench into this...we want to do it without renting a car. I am open to all suggestions.

You asked this question already. You can do it as cheap as you want but it depends on what you are willing to give up. If you provide a budget, people could provide better information. "Economically" to someone that makes $1M a year is not the same as someone that makes $30k a year.

For instance because you provide absolutely no other guidance, a 6-night stay May 14 - May 20th, at the M Hotel International Dr. is $203 for the week. RT Uber would be about $25 per day x 5 days = $125. That is $328 + the cost of tickets. Then, you have to factor about $125 RT from MCO. Now you are at ~$450 + tickets + meals.

That is about as cheap as you can get. If you want more information, provide more details of what you are looking for and the budget you want to be at. Your tickets for Disney will be ~$1,400 and Universal will be $655 for 2 Parks 1 Day pass. Factor in about $25 per person per day meals (and that is going absolutely cheap), you are at $700 for meals. So, $200 + $125 + $125 + $1,400 + $650 + $700 = $3,200.

Not sure what you consider economical or "vacation". However, the hotel cost would double if not more because I would never stay in a place like that. The other costs have no place for savings. You have to decide what is important. You could skip US and save $650.

Two suggestions:

As for where to stay, use VRBO or Airbnb. You will find endless choices, depending on your budget. We almost never spend more than $75/night for a 3 or 4 bedroom condo or townhouse.

Get a car. I couldn't imagine staying off site without one. And then trying to visit multiple theme parks. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, IMO.

I need help...our family of four (kids ages 9 and 12) want to visit disney for 4 days (no hopper) and universal for 1 day. We want to do this as economically as possible, but still have a nice time. We have stayed on site at both parks before, but wondering if we could find a cheaper option to staying on site at universal (and possibly disney). To throw a monkey wrench into this...we want to do it without renting a car. I am open to all suggestions.

That's the most expensive ticket set up you could choose (you are paying max cost for pretty much all 5 days) - you are wildly better off focusing on just one of the 2 sites for such a short trip, if being economical is a major concern. With this ticket set up, you are looking at a likely $2K just for tickets for 4...

We just rented a 4 BR house, with a private pool and spa, in Kissimmee, for early June, and with tax and the cleaning fee it works out to $91 a night. It's a nice place, beautifully appointed, fantastic reviews, and less than most Best Westerns!

You can find affordable, it takes some research, but it's do-able. Most gated communities in the area offer a shuttle to the parks as well.

I think that renting a car will save you money & headaches in the long run. There are lots of cheap motels/hotels in the area, but a others have stated, your plans will require you to spend a whole bundle on tickets alone. Personally, I'd stick to one park to bring down the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter