NE Magic on Sept 12, 2012

Sweet mother of Walt, we'll be on the ship this time next week! :jumping1:

There's a neat roughly hour-long documentary on Netflix Instant that details the highlights of the Magic and her sister ship the Wonder (just search for "Disney Cruise" and it should pop up). The Wonder, it turns out, was built in two halves in two different shipyards and welded together. With this in mind, I can only assume that this is how the Magic was built. :rotfl:

Technically, 'Champagne Girls' just means two or more adult girls getting together to drink champagne. It started a few years ago on DCL and the tradition just keeps evolving.

It can be hugely complicated, like arranging for a room and paying for tastings (usually longer cruises) OR very simple, like meeting in a lounge and ordering any beverage you like, alcoholic or not (usually shorter cruises) OR somewhere in between, like the one Melisa and I shared on the 2010 WBTA where about 50 lovely ladies brought our own bottles of champagne and crammed into a suite. The only requirement is to enjoy each other's company and have fun.

One tradition that marks the gathering as a 'Champagne Girls' meet is that everyone wears pink and, if they want, a pink feather boa and a tiara. I spare no expense and wear a fabulous fun foam crown I bought at Michael's for $1. Crazy, yes. Fun, for sure.

Since this is a short cruise coming up really fast, if any ladies are interested, we could look at the lounge schedule and pick a time, perhaps about 3:30 pm on either sea day, to meet for a glass of champagne or whatever you like to drink.

Post here ASAP if you're interested and which sea day you'd prefer. I'm not on Facebook, but you could invite any ladies on there too. We'll decide a time/day/place by Sunday. [Melisa, I assume you're in.]

FYI--Here are some pictures from the 2010 WBTA CG meet (doesn't my $1 crown photograph well?! LOL):

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

I think that 3:30 on the first sea day would be fun.....where should we meet?
Let me know what you think and I will add/create another event for those on the FB page!

Technically, 'Champagne Girls' just means two or more adult girls getting together to drink champagne. It started a few years ago on DCL and the tradition just keeps evolving.

It can be hugely complicated, like arranging for a room and paying for tastings (usually longer cruises) OR very simple, like meeting in a lounge and ordering any beverage you like, alcoholic or not (usually shorter cruises) OR somewhere in between, like the one Melisa and I shared on the 2010 WBTA where about 50 lovely ladies brought our own bottles of champagne and crammed into a suite. The only requirement is to enjoy each other's company and have fun.

One tradition that marks the gathering as a 'Champagne Girls' meet is that everyone wears pink and, if they want, a pink feather boa and a tiara. I spare no expense and wear a fabulous fun foam crown I bought at Michael's for $1. Crazy, yes. Fun, for sure.

Since this is a short cruise coming up really fast, if any ladies are interested, we could look at the lounge schedule and pick a time, perhaps about 3:30 pm on either sea day, to meet for a glass of champagne or whatever you like to drink.

Post here ASAP if you're interested and which sea day you'd prefer. I'm not on Facebook, but you could invite any ladies on there too. We'll decide a time/day/place by Sunday. [Melisa, I assume you're in.]

FYI--Here are some pictures from the 2010 WBTA CG meet (doesn't my $1 crown photograph well?! LOL):

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/t...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

I'm in & off to look for something pink to wear! :cool1:

I'm in & off to look for something pink to wear! :cool1:

Meet at the Promenade lounge at 3:30 on the first sea day, then for a picture in the atrium?

Since we are so close to the cruise, I think we would need to know for planning/packing purposes earlier than Sunday. I'm thinking more like Friday. I will need to find a boa this weekend. I work on Monday and Tuesday and know others will be travelling soon as well.

:mad:

The link below is for the National Hurricane Center Maps showing projected tracks for the storm.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at2+shtml/144337.shtml?5day?large#contents

AT 1100 AM AST...1500 UTC...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE LESLIE WAS
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 26.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 62.4 WEST. LESLIE HAS
BEEN DRIFTING NORTHWARD NEAR 2 MPH...4 KM/H. ONLY A SLOW NORTHWARD
DRIFT IS EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 75 MPH...120 KM/H...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. LESLIE IS A CATEGORY ONE HURRICANE ON THE SAFFIR-SIMPSON HURRICANE WIND SCALE. NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS EXPECTED TODAY...BUT LESLIE SHOULD BEGIN TO INTENSIFY ON FRIDAY. ...LESLIE HAS BARELY MOVED SINCE LAST NIGHT...

I am packing the fowl weather gear, let her buck.

Alright, so we need to bring along raincoats, seabands, and lots of ginger candies.

Couple of almost last-minute questions:

* - Worst case scenario, how does uncooperative weather affect boarding? I ask because our "plan" is to wake up wicked early and trek down from Boston the morning we launch. I've heard horror stories of boats leaving port early so I wonder how big of a risk we're taking?

* - How are the deck parties affected by inclement weather? Do they move indoors or do the poor souls in the fursuits soldier on in the rain?

* - And on a much sillier note, what's all this about a green lei? Am I going to be kicked out of the DISboards meet if I don't have one?

Typing on a phone is hard. :(

Alright, so we need to bring along raincoats, seabands, and lots of ginger candies.

* - Worst case scenario, how does uncooperative weather affect boarding? I ask because our "plan" is to wake up wicked early and trek down from Boston the morning we launch. I've heard horror stories of boats leaving port early so I wonder how big of a risk we're taking?

* - How are the deck parties affected by inclement weather? Do they move indoors or do the poor souls in the fursuits soldier on in the rain?

* - And on a much sillier note, what's all this about a green lei? Am I going to be kicked out of the DISboards meet if I don't have one?

Our Pirate Night was moved to the atrium due to inclement weather.

Some people are wearing like green leis to the dismeets; as much as I want to harass you and say you'll be kicked out for not wearing it, I'd be lying. Its really just to let people know you're part of the dis meet. You'll see me with one on... It's sparkly!!!

vakamalua said:

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=9116086009/a=77697588_77697588/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

I'm in!

NEW YORK CITY weather for Wednesday as of today from the NWS =Sunny, with a high near 76. I have decided to travel down on Tuesday just to be on the safe side. I checked the Canadian Weather Service and they are posting partly sunny with high in the 60's for the long term outlook for Halifax on Friday.

:sail:

FYI For those interested in the Champagne Girls get together:
Per Hope Sparkles: Sea day: 12:30 wine, 2:30 beer, 4:00 margarita/tequilla, 10:30 cognac.

Since most ladies have expressed interest in either the wine or margarita/tequilla tastings, how about the get together the first sea day at 2:30 when the men will be able to go to the beer tastings :thumbsup2.

Invited everyone on the FB page to this and created an event for it. I hope those husbands who have wives not on FB will invite them through there! I posted for 9/13 at 2:30; in between wine tasting at 12:30 and margarita at 4:00. I hope this time works for everyone..... Promenade Lounge??:cool1:

Good Morning Cruisers!

I have my lists all updated. I am missing 2 room numbers - we are missing mommiev for the FE, and BethC1952/Cruise for the Roaming Gnome. If either of you are out there, please post your room numbers! I will post here what I have so that all can check and make sure I have not made any typing errors, please let me know if I have.

Magic to Canada FE list and Roster

FE Exchange list:

Deck 1
1036/1038/1040 - JKeller - Jill & Bill & Katie, 2 adults, DD/14mos.
(this is a large group, only Jill, DH, and DD are participating, only 1 room out of 3 will have FE hanging)
1044 - PixieintheCity - Carol, Rafael, Ralphie & Olivia, 2 adults, DS/11, DD/5 - Late Addition
1049 - DisneyLuhver - Tricia, Elliot, GabbyDD/14, Erin DD/12 - Late Addition

Deck 2
2008 - Bethleham - Beth, Keith, Allen, 2 adults, DS/4 - PEANUT ALLERGY
2022 - NeverSayNever - DH, Alexis, Gabrielle, Edward, DD/9, DS/9
2042 - Pooh#1 - Katie, DM/Anne
2098 - PirateMinnie - DW, DH, DD/5
2578 - first timers - Alex & Carolyn, 2 adults
2600 - kelmarie66 - Kelly & Barry, 2 adults
2602 - (kelmarie66 friends) - Pat/DH & Mary/DW - Late Addition

Deck 5
5140 - Canuck11 - Jason & Ayesha, 2 adults

Deck 6
6094 - Prinny27 - Heather & Jared, 2 adults
6540 - Donald&DaisyDuck - Lee Ann & Donald, 2 adults
6562 - rhunit1 - Paul, DM/Susan, Steven, Sean, 2 adults, DS/10, DS/6
6558 - DonnettaR - Donnetta, Uncle Steve, Aunt Patricia, 3 adults
6569 - CherylA/TonyB - Cheryl & Tony, 2 adults
6588 - snickerdodo - Wayne & Lynn, 2 adults
6606 - Nikki S - Dewayne, Nikki, Riley,DD/6, Peyton,DD/4,
6635 - AshAlytwins - Kim & John - Late Addition

Deck 7
7020 - Epcotrulz, 2 adults
7024 - HopeSparkles - Christa - 20 yr Survivor, DM/Cathie, 2 adults
7086 - mm4mm - Mike & Melisa, 2 adults
7138 - plyeng2ff/BringEeyore2DCL- Arthur & Danielle, 2 adults
7628 - Scott H/Lynn G - Scott & Lynn - 2 adults

Deck 8
8018 - TChrist05 - Tom & Marilou, 2 adults
8052 - luvmygrljb - Sue, Matt, Jillian, 2 adults, DD/8
8060 - Neriberi - Angela, Annabel, Tom, Mike - 3 adults, DD/5
8556 - Babbletrish - 3 adults
8584 - kendzee94 - Barb & Bill - 2 adults

GTY STATUS
mommiev - Mom, DD/4 & DD/1 - Late Addition

Confirmed Roster list not participating in FE

Deck 1
1036/1038/1040 - JKeller party not participating in FE, 3 adults (?), 5 children (?)

Deck 2
2044 - linda679699 - Linda, Cody, & Dylan, DS/16, DS/13
2110 - Steve 144 - Steve & Peter

Deck 5
5508 - Sandra (linda679699’s sister) & DD/11

Deck 6
6??? - candace - Candace, DCousin/Cissie
6323- Eric, Julie and Hailey - Eric & Julie, 2 adults
6574 - Sue & Dave

Deck 7
7092 - vakamalua - Greg & Andrea
7118 - Disneyfalcon - Tammy & Stephen
7632 - The Butlers - Nancy
7636 - DebbieR - Debbie & John

Deck 8
8088 - Debbie04 - Debbie & Tom
8512 - missygirl17 - Melissa
8590 - laurenjdaisy - Lauren, Danny, Nathaniel, 2 adults, DS/5

GTY STATUS
BethC1952/Cruise - Beth, Julie, Trina, 3 adults
JoiseyMom - Merryl & Hal
wilderness_gal - Karen & DM
Mom2PrincessesLinSy - Jen, Ron, Lindsey, Sydney, DD/10, DD/7
Scootersjunk - Ben & Rick & Mom & Dad, 4 adults
Trekker - Ron, 4 adults

Unknown stateroom status:
lovedvc - DW & DH, 2 adults
Michele1377 - Michelle - 7 adults
Jaynamama - Joanne & Viril, Kit & Mark, Grandma Fleur & Grandpa Ver, Jen, Miles lorimay
steves100 - Steve & Lilly & Katie/DD/10

Still do not have any info on these folks, if anyone can update me on these folks let me know ASAP:
3CStuart - 2 adults - stateroom 7514
Colestat - Sue, DH, DFIL, DAunt
wdwfreeksince88 - DH & DW & 4 friends, 6 adults
Disney9.9.10

GNOME ROAM

Deck 1
1049 - Disneyluhver - Trica & Elliot & Gabby & Erin

Deck 2
2008 - Bethleham - Beth, Keith & Allen
2022 - NeverSayNever - Alexis & DH
2042 - Pooh#1 - Katie & Anne
2044 - linda679699 - Linda, DS16, DS13, DSister & DD11
2098 - PirateMinnie
2600 - kelmarie66 - Kelly & Barry
2602 - Mary & Pat (kelmaire66’s friends)

Deck 5
5508 - Sandra

Deck 6
6094 - Prinny27 - Heather & Jared
6323 - Eric, Julie & Hailey - Eric & Julie
6540 - Donald&DaisyDuck - Lee Ann & Donald
6562 - rhunit1 - Paul, Susan, Steve & Sean
6574 - Andreko - Sue & Dave
6588 - snickerdodo - Wayne & Lynn
6606 - NikkiS - Nikki
6635 - AshAlytwins - Kim & John
6658 - DonnettaR - Donetta, Uncle Steve & Aunt Patricia`

Deck 7
7024 - HopeSparkles - Christa & Cathie
7086 - mm4mm - Mike & Melisa
7092 - vakamalua - Greg & Andrea
7138 - plyeng2ff - Arthur & Danielle
7628 - ScottH/LynnG - Scott & Lynn
7632 - Nancy Amodeo-Butler
7636 - DebbieR - John & Debbie

Deck 8
8052 - luvmygrljb - Sue & Matt
8060 - Neriberi - Angela, Annabel, Mike & Tom
8088 - Debbieb04 - Debbie & Tom
8512 - missygirl17 - Melissa
8584 - kendzee94 - Barb & Bill
8590 - laurenjdaisy - Lauren & Danny

GTY
BethC1952 - Beth & Julie & Trina

PS - I will send out emails of the spreadsheet this evening, just waiting for the last 2 room numbers, if I do not have them, they will just have to be updated on the ship.

Re: Lanyards

The Lanyards and name badges have been created. Theses are being shipped to us and hopefully will be in our stateroom awaiting our arrival.

These lanyards are being supplied by our friend who posted on the thread here as well as Lynn and I.

We will try and have them available during the various meets otherwise you will have to find us.

The name badges were created by our friend and it is my understanding some have opted out of his offer.

Anyone know if there is a NEXUS or SENTRI lanes at the cruise port?

Re: Lanyards

The Lanyards and name badges have been created. Theses are being shipped to us and hopefully will be in our stateroom awaiting our arrival.

These lanyards are being supplied by our friend who posted on the thread here as well as Lynn and I.

We will try and have them available during the various meets otherwise you will have to find us.

The name badges were created by our friend and it is my understanding some have opted out of his offer.

Originally both myself and Hope Sparkles signed up for them. After much discussion as to whether this was an email scam, and no clear answer as to the validity, we removed our email addresses. I questioned the validity of it, cost, and if I needed to do anything. I think Christa and I were both concerned of viruses, spam so we removed our email addresses. I think we are both interested if it was legit. So I take it since we removed our emails, we are excluded? Please let me know, Scott. Thanks!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter