National Lampoon's Fun w/Dis Friends 2010!! ~ DAY 7-Final :( 6/27

Hi! I'm joining in... I've read some of your previous reports but it's been a while. I've been following Jordan so I thought it would be fun to follow along with you too.

We were dealing with food allergies (actually more intolerances in DS9's case) back during our 2006 & 2007 trips & WDW was fantastic about it! I think TS meals worked out better than CS meals though for the reasons you mentioned at Electric Umbrella. I'm sorry your information was outdated - we had up to date information so it made it a lot easier. We ordered, then the chef met us outside of the line so nobody was held up. There were several times that the chesf made special gluten free chicken nuggets for DS. :thumbsup2 I hope the food situation improved for you guys!

Joining in all the fun. Great start already!!

Joining in! Now back to read :surfweb:

:welcome:

1st page? Maybe? I will be more active and less lurky this time around

I will have to show DD-almost 6 the pic of your son in his car seat. She is also still in a 5 point harness since she is under 4olb. 45 inches but 38lb. 80% of her friends are in a booster. She thinks she is moving at 4olb but her seat harnesses to 60lb. All it took was watching that video on YouTube.
Avery's best friend also has a severe tree nut allergy-also has the epi. I would watch her at my house and took her out a few times-it was gut wrenching. I was a wreck. Those rude people can-well ya know. HELLO, have YOU HEARD of ANAPHLACTIC REACTION??? This is LIFE or DEATH people not a PICKY kid. Acck, people are so stupid. I have a walnut allergy which was noted on our ressie and the people at the restraunt would always let me know if something contained them. I hope it got easier!

I'm pretty sure he can be in a booster but the 5 point harness is much more safe. They say if they are still within the height/weight bracket for it and they will sit in it, to keep them there as long as you can. He doesn't complain about it so it works for us. That is a brand new seat. It's a high back booster that sort of grows taller. We will see how long before he starts wanting to do the seatbelt. ;)

Yeah the food allergies are very nerve wracking. Last year there was a boy in DS's class that had the peanut allergy. I got used to reading labels for cookies and cupcakes for school but sadly not every parent does. Most of the time they go with the attitude of "mine doesn't have it, so why should i bother". :sad2:

On board! :D

So sorry to hear about your sons food allergies! I had a friend who had food allergies and going out to eat with him always took longer...but we totally understood! Had I been in line behind you and heard the people grumbling and getting annoyed I would have told them ****. :D

Yeah, I really wanted to tell them that. But I tried to stay focused. I knew it was going to be a long 7 days as far as food was concerned.

Welcome back and count me in!!!!

Great start on the trip report. Sorry to hear about the food situation.
I guess the good news is as you go more often, :thumbsup2 you will get better at knowing what is OK and what is potentially a problem.

Yes, it is all a major learning process. The foods that are ok over here where we live are not the same at WDW. They do seem to use many more products that have seeds, nuts, nut flour, etc in them. A lot of times it's hidden which makes it even more difficult.

I'm in for the ride!!!! Followed you over from Jordan's PTR.

My SIL cannot eat gluten so she and my brother have to check ingredients before they order. One good thing is that it seems that more people are eating gluten free food and it is becoming more common. They had good experiences eating in WDW. Sorry you had to go through that with your son... but you are right- his health is most important. Who cares about a bunch of people you don't know standing behind you! pirate:

One day when I was ordering at Columbia Harbor House there was a man next to me that had to order gluten free. He had to do the whole binder thing like I did. It's crazy but I'm not sure how else they could/would do it.

Blue!! Your Home!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:
:banana:

I'm so happy your home, hopefully a little more rested by now and your laundry is magically done, and your report is off to a good start!!! :goodvibes
Now.... I gotta go and read. :surfweb:
:rotfl2: My laundry was clean in my suitcase. I washed it all before we left Florida. HOWEVER, from this week I have a huge pile just staring at me. :headache:

Looks like you had a great start! So sorry you were given outdated info. I hope you called or emailed Disney to let them know what happened so they can fix the problem of sending out outdated info :sad2:. I can't wait to read about you meeting Jordan, Winkers, Rosie, etc!!

Hi Tracy!!:hug:
I plan on sending an email, I just haven't had time yet. Besides the outdated information, I also need to gather all of my thoughts about the entire experience before I start. While their system is fairly good, there is still much room for improvement.

The meets were AWESOME!! :)

I am here. Your son has gotten so big. I am glad to see he is in a 5 point harness seat. We are keeping my dd in one until she is not able to fit in it any more. It will be a while hers is good to 60 lbs. My friends keep telling me to switch her but I keep saying nope not going to happen. She is safer in that seat and she still like sit because it lifts her up so she can see out the windows. My friend thinks I am nuts even though she has seen what can happen to a child not in a 5 point harness seat. I can't wait to read about the reat of your trip.
I agree about the seat. I plan on keeping him in there as long as I can. He doesn't complain about it so that makes it much easier. My friends look at me weird and ask why he's still in there too. I don't care. They can do their thing and I will do mine. :confused3

I'm in. I have been looking forward to all of your TR's. Sorry that your trip is over but glad the TR's are starting.

:welcome: Glad you're here.

I am in!

I saw you on Jordan's PTR so I thought I would come over

I really want to drive to WDW someday just for that shot of orange juice :lmao:

Great pics of Spaceship Earth!

Sorry about the food hassle hopefully it gets easier for you
:welcome: Wow, I'm getting a lot from Jordans PTR. :rotfl2: Glad you're here.

The free shot of OJ is great!! Sounds silly but we think it's fun.

Hi! I'm joining in... I've read some of your previous reports but it's been a while. I've been following Jordan so I thought it would be fun to follow along with you too.

We were dealing with food allergies (actually more intolerances in DS9's case) back during our 2006 & 2007 trips & WDW was fantastic about it! I think TS meals worked out better than CS meals though for the reasons you mentioned at Electric Umbrella. I'm sorry your information was outdated - we had up to date information so it made it a lot easier. We ordered, then the chef met us outside of the line so nobody was held up. There were several times that the chesf made special gluten free chicken nuggets for DS. :thumbsup2 I hope the food situation improved for you guys!

Hi there!! Glad to see you back. :hug:
Yes, the TS did seem to be a bit easier than the CS. But not completely fool proof. Stay tuned!!

Hi Blue I am subbing of course !!!

ROSIE!!!!!!! :woohoo::yay::dance3:

Joining in all the fun. Great start already!!

:welcome: Glad you're here!

I have an announcement to make!!!! I was going to wait until I get to this part on my TR but we didn't take the tour until our 2nd to last day. So, it would take a while and I'm bursting at the seams to tell you that.........

WE ARE NOW DVC OWNERS!!!!!!!:woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2::cool1::banana:

After much thought, we decided to buy 160 points at Animal Kingdom Villas.
akv_sig-1.jpg

(Thanks to WendyO & glennbo for the helpful info!!)

We may add more points later. But for now they matched our points for this year and we also got $15 off per point. It was a deal we just couldn't pass up. I must say it feels awesome to be "in the club". :laughing: Hopefully we will get our 1st trip booked soon. I'm waiting for our package to arrive to get all the technical stuff done but I think we may be going back this summer. We will get to try out our home resort at AKV with a savannah view! Soooo.....who else is going in June????

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!

Keep them in the seat as long as you can, we certainly did it longer than most around here. 6 and 60 used to be the law but now it's 8 and 80! However the state also factors in height and provides some good tools to help you determine at what point switching makes sense.

Our 2 younger ones JUST hit 60 pounds and they are 10.5 and 9.5 so we really had to look at height, where the belt hits them, etc and it is different by car so we had different seat rules for the different cars.

I am so sorry you had to deal with impatient people, I can only imagine how difficult it must be. I really hope it got better! It is hard. Eric has a classmate with severe allergies and my nephew just went gluten free, it is so much work to be on top of the labels.

Heck I just found out my cat is allergic to wheat and that's a pain.

Congrats on on your DVC

That is so exciting :woohoo:

Joining in! popcorn::

I love your pictures. Your son is a cutie pie..

Thanks for joining in!
And thank you!! :hug:

We are going June 4-10. We will be staying at POR.

Awww, I think we will just miss you. We are looking at 13-19th. I think we are going to do 4 at WDW and 2 at Universal.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! That is so exciting!

Keep them in the seat as long as you can, we certainly did it longer than most around here. 6 and 60 used to be the law but now it's 8 and 80! However the state also factors in height and provides some good tools to help you determine at what point switching makes sense.

Our 2 younger ones JUST hit 60 pounds and they are 10.5 and 9.5 so we really had to look at height, where the belt hits them, etc and it is different by car so we had different seat rules for the different cars.

I am so sorry you had to deal with impatient people, I can only imagine how difficult it must be. I really hope it got better! It is hard. Eric has a classmate with severe allergies and my nephew just went gluten free, it is so much work to be on top of the labels.

Heck I just found out my cat is allergic to wheat and that's a pain.

I think DS is tall enough for the booster seat but everything says it's safer to keep him in the seat longer. So that's what I shall do! :thumbsup2

It really is a lot of work to have to remember to read every single label. I mean, you even have to read seasoning labels. Until it happened to us, I never would have thought of that.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You made me laugh out loud about the cat.

Congrats on becoming DVC owners!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thank you! :flower3:

Congrats on DVC!!!!!!!:woohoo:

I have heard a lot of good things about AKV through the DIS

Thank you! :flower3:
I am soooo looking forward to staying there.

Congrats on on your DVC

That is so exciting :woohoo:

Thank you!!! :hug: Yes, we are pretty darn excited about it. :dance3:

I think DS is tall enough for the booster seat but everything says it's safer to keep him in the seat longer. So that's what I shall do! :thumbsup2

It really is a lot of work to have to remember to read every single label. I mean, you even have to read seasoning labels. Until it happened to us, I never would have thought of that.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You made me laugh out loud about the cat.

seasonings, I wouldn't have thought of it either!

Oh the cat thing is a mini nightmare and I feel horrible that we didn't catch it earlier. He's a picky eater, has been on the same food forever. About a week ago I noticed he was losing fur. A couple of other things had been happening so I decided to take him in.

He's been chewing it off! He hadn't lost weight like we thought, just enough fur chewed off to make him look a lot smaller than he is. Apparently either due to some skin irritation, most likely an allergy or it's psychological (which we don't think it is). Vet thought it was definitely an allergy of some sort. Vet asked about diet changes right away and I'm like, no, none.

Got home realized they'd changed the packaging on his food 2 months ago. Sure enough, "new" formula has wheat and soy, old one did not.

If your DS still fits in the seat then go for it, we did as long as we could. We had one of the boosters that had a back on it and had the back on for a long time before we went to just the booster.

So I've been boning up on cat food all week and testing grain free options.

I'm in!! I'm subbing too. That is awesome that you guys are DVC owners....i'm still trying to con my husband into saying yes to this. I might have to get some pointers on what you did to get your husband to say yes!!

:banana: Congrats on the DVC.

Since you have extra points this year, you should think about a quick weekend trip in October, say the weekend of the 23rd for Ip Dip :goodvibes. It would be wonderful to get to meet you.

( Ip Dip, Ip Dip, I Dip, I am try to subliminally put it in your head :rolleyes1)

Congrats on DVC!!! How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your trip :cool1:

CONGRATS on the DVC!!! We hope to be your neighbor (waiting for Disney to decide on ROFR)

I have an announcement to make!!!! I was going to wait until I get to this part on my TR but we didn't take the tour until our 2nd to last day.

I wondered if you were waiting to weave it into your TR. :laughing:

So, it would take a while and I'm bursting at the seams to tell you that.........

WE ARE NOW DVC OWNERS!!!!!!!:woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2::cool1::banana:

That is awesome! (I know the feeling!)

Congratulations, and welcome home neighbor!

After much thought, we decided to buy 160 points at Animal Kingdom Villas.
akv_sig-1.jpg

(Thanks to WendyO & glennbo for the helpful info!!)

You are most welcome. I think you made a good choice. ;) I understand the thinking of going after the home resort with the lower maint. fees, but most people recommend buying where you want to stay, and I think it makes sense.

We may add more points later. But for now they matched our points for this year and we also got $15 off per point. It was a deal we just couldn't pass up. I must say it feels awesome to be "in the club". :laughing: Hopefully we will get our 1st trip booked soon. I'm waiting for our package to arrive to get all the technical stuff done but I think we may be going back this summer. We will get to try out our home resort at AKV with a savannah view! Soooo.....who else is going in June????

Addonitis already? :laughing:

We'll be there June 12 - 20, and would love to meet up with you folks if the timing works out. FauntleroyFan07 (Dan) will be there starting a few days before that and then leaving around the 18th, I think. We're going to meet up with him and his wife at the Yehaa Bob Jackson show at POR on the 12th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter