National Lampoon's Fun w/Dis Friends 2010!! ~ DAY 7-Final :( 6/27

Blueyed Girl

HAKUNA MATATA!
(Adding chapter links to the bottom of this post!)

Hello and welcome to my CRAZY Trip Report!! For more of an explanation on the title of this TR plus more Character introductions please visit my PTR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2329123 I think you'll find that this trip of Dis meets is just as crazy as some of my childhood vacations. :thumbsup2 I wouldn't have it any other way.

This trip we got to meet up with a bunch of other crazy Diser's!!! We were lucky enough to get to spend time with Jordan and his family and friends....Wendy & Derek and their cute kiddo's, and Kim & Alan. We also got to spend time with Winkers (Cherie) and DJay and also Rosie!!! We even met a NEW Diser one morning at DHS....."Mytallula". She was very sweet and she informed us that she saw mine and Winkers "dance pictures" on Jordan's PTR. I think I felt myself blush a little. :rotfl2:

Our trip started on February 5th with an un-eventful drive to Tallahassee. Thank goodness for that "un-eventful" part. If you've read my PTR you know that we weren't sure if our brand new Yukon would make it there or not. Yes, we are owners of a big fat black lemon!!......But hopefully not for long.

Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge, La.
4370852725_a769c433d7.jpg

Anyway, on to happier things! We stopped at the Welcome Center when we got to Florida because it's tradition. We love stopping here and looking at the brochures, stretching our legs, and getting that tiny shot of OJ.

4370853419_02a49dfac4.jpg

I have taken a picture of DS next to these posts every year we've gone to Disney. I think for his first trip (Feb 2007) when he was about 2 weeks away from being 3 years old, he was only up to the third line from the bottom....if that much. Look how much he's grown!!!
4370854215_aa9f871044.jpg

DH and DS in front of the Blue Angels jet.
4370854991_eeaf7a1fcf.jpg

Comparing paw prints..
4370855871_9aa64c45dd.jpg

The next day we woke at 4:00am and were on the road around 5:00am.

Getting closer.....
4371605358_422972b2d1.jpg

Someone's getting excited...
4371605940_9353560e0e.jpg

Ok, maybe we all are....
4370857869_a86e2ed1cd.jpg

4370858521_013f5e1bc9.jpg

What's that????!!!! :woohoo:

4370859417_a14d45c52a.jpg

We finished the drive and FINALLY found ourselves here:
4370860259_3b1457ae80.jpg

4371610046_f45c5debc4.jpg

4370862021_eefb3ce2a8.jpg

4370863437_acc9b14828.jpg

Welcome home!!!
4371613040_45311fef26.jpg

4370864761_1423f4d967.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST......

AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!

DAY 1 PART 2

DAY 1 PART 2 CONTINUED

DAY 1 PART 2 CONTINUED AGAIN!

DAY 1 - FINAL

DAY 2 ~ FEB 7 ~ SUPERBOWL SUNDAY ~ PART 1

DAY 2 SUPERBOWL SUNDAY PART 2

DAY 2 SUPERBOWL SUNDAY PART 3- We finally watch the superbowl!!

DAY 2-FINAL

DAY 3-PART 1

Day 3 - Part 2

DAY 3-FINAL & DAY 4

DAY 5-PART 1

DAY 5-PART2

DAY 5 FINAL & DAY 6 PART 1

DAY 6 FINAL

QUICK UPDATE

DAY 7-PART1

DAY 7- FINAL

I did not do the online check in but for the first time EVER, our room was ready when we got there!! (about 10:00am) We had room #1524 which is toward the front where we like to be. Not too far from the main house. The view this year was terrible! There was nothing but a tall wall of bamboo off our balcony. The golf course was right behind us but we couldn't see it at all. This was the worst view we've ever had at OKW. This time I put the reservations under DH's name for the first time ever. I wonder if this had anything to do with it?? Anyway, it was just a thought. I don't really care about the view......well, I didn't care about it on THIS trip. First we were too busy to enjoy the balcony, and second it was WAAAY TOO COLD to sit out there! :scared1: Yes, you read that right. It was FREEZING during our trip! The temps were in the 30's-40's but the wind was 25-30mph the entire trip. I kept getting wind advisories on my phone every day. We eventually got tired of being beat up by the wind. It really wears you out! Of course we soldiered on!! I mean come on........IT'S DISNEY WORLD!!! :woohoo:

Our first stop after checking in and unloading the bags in the room was.........EPCOT!!!
4370865481_bd8703b1cc.jpg

4370866039_04dcef4ab8.jpg

4371615734_f4e214b2f6.jpg

Our first order of business was to get a fast pass for Soarin'. By this time it was around 11am. We were behind the game as far as fastpasses go! Once we secured that, we let DS choose what he wanted to ride first. Surprisingly he chose.......

4370867693_416e45e533.jpg

Yep!! Spaceship Earth!! Here are some pics I TRIED to take in there.....
4370868231_43bbcf01c5.jpg

4370868779_24cf0e8314.jpg

4370869323_2f2e1f2e83.jpg

4371618966_7be642af62.jpg

4371619728_46e109e035.jpg

4370871127_33a266b199.jpg

4371620852_e722ce810a.jpg

4370872609_0202ddd520.jpg

4371622752_4a3b12a5d1.jpg

4370875183_56bba190ed.jpg

After this we decided to eat lunch. So we headed over to the Electric Umbrella. You may remember that we have found that DS has severe food allergies. He is allergic to peanuts and green peas (legumes). We have to carry an epi-pen. We found all of this out last summer. This is our first trip to WDW knowing about his allergies. I contacted WDW before our trip and filled out some forms at their request and sent them back. They put this information on our reservation as well as all of our ADR's. Then they sent me many .pdf files of what snacks were safe around WDW along with counter service items that should be safe too. They always say to check with a chef before ordering and that's just what I did. This did take some time and held up the line a bit. I'm not happy to report that I felt extremely uncomfortable doing that and what made it worse was all the snickering and "sigh's" coming from the people behind me. :mad:

If any of those people are reading my TR, I'd like to pause and take this moment to tell you to shove it where the sun doesn't shine!!! GET IN ANOTHER LINE!!!! THIS IS MY CHILD WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!! GET A GRIP ON YOURSELVES!!!

Ok, I'm back now......;) Seriously, I couldn't believe the rudeness. And they KNEW what we were doing because the chef and manager came out with a binder full of food labels for me to read through. Let's now look at this from my perspective minus the people behind me...... I'm having to figure out what item DS wants to eat, then get told that he may not be able to have the cheese burger because of the bread. I have to look through the ingredients list for the chicken nuggets, then approve it. The cashier has to get approval from the manager. SEVERAL people checked and re-checked our order before I finally got our food. I left the counter with a tray full of food and a nervous stomach and wasn't sure if I even wanted to feed DS what was there. Good news is that he ate and was fine. The bad news is that I have at this moment realized that the 10 pages of files that Disney sent me for counter service and snacks that I printed out and made into a BOOK, were OUTDATED!!!! :headache: There was nothing at Electric umbrella that was on the papers. They have since switched brands and items and basically, the 10 pages were of no use to me AT ALL. :scared1: All I can think at this moment is....... "OMG, I've got 7 days of this". " I'm going to have a heart attack every time we go to eat and will be bald by the time we leave this place!!"

More on the food allergy situation later! Does it get better or more confusing?? :rolleyes1

Once lunch was over and my blood pressure and heart rate was back to normal, we headed over to Ellen's Energy Adventure. It was about this time that I sent a Text to Jordan because I knew he, Winkers, & DJay were in Epcot that day.

DS about to see some dinosaurs!!!
4371625080_39db520723.jpg

This was DS's first time to ride EEA. He wanted to see the dinosaurs because he was thinking about riding the ride "Dinosaur" in Animal Kingdom for the first time this trip. He thought this would be a good way to build up to that. :hug:

When we left EEA, it was time for our Soarin' fastpass. I forgot to check my phone and didn't realize that Jordan sent me a text back. They were sitting outside of EEA and we totally missed each other!!! I got the text as we were about to get on Soarin'. :laughing:

I'll stop here for now. Did we get to Soar over California??? Did we ever get to meet up with Jordan, Winkers, & DJay??? Stay tuned!!! popcorn::

Hey Blue... Just signing in

Off to read :wizard:

wow, those temps sound cold. But like you say, It's Disney and weather can not hold you back :woohoo:

Your DS looks so much older from last year pic..They grow up so fast as I am sure you know :goodvibes

That must have been so scary ordering food for DS every time this trip since it was new.

I can't believe the nerve of the people behind you. It must have been so hard to bite your tongue :headache:

Love your SE pics up on the screen :rotfl:

Can't wait for more popcorn::

I'm ready too! Can't wait!

Yay!!:yay:

Hey Blue... Just signing in

Off to read :wizard:
:banana:

wow, those temps sound cold. But like you say, It's Disney and weather can not hold you back :woohoo:

Your DS looks so much older from last year pic..They grow up so fast as I am sure you know :goodvibes

That must have been so scary ordering food for DS every time this trip since it was new.

I can't believe the nerve of the people behind you. It must have been so hard to bite your tongue :headache:

Love your SE pics up on the screen :rotfl:

Can't wait for more popcorn::
Yes the kiddo is growing way too fast!!
The food thing drove me NUTS!!
I didn't even turn around to look at those people. If I would have, I wouldn't have been able to hold it in.

I'm in! Can't wait to read all about the crazy adventures. :thumbsup2
Yay! Glad you're here.

I know I missed the PTR but am in for the ride!!!!!!!

:welcome: Glad you came over!

1st page? Maybe? I will be more active and less lurky this time around :)

I will have to show DD-almost 6 the pic of your son in his car seat. She is also still in a 5 point harness since she is under 4olb. 45 inches but 38lb. 80% of her friends are in a booster. She thinks she is moving at 4olb but her seat harnesses to 60lb. All it took was watching that video on YouTube.
Avery's best friend also has a severe tree nut allergy-also has the epi. I would watch her at my house and took her out a few times-it was gut wrenching. I was a wreck. Those rude people can-well ya know. HELLO, have YOU HEARD of ANAPHLACTIC REACTION??? This is LIFE or DEATH people not a PICKY kid. Acck, people are so stupid. I have a walnut allergy which was noted on our ressie and the people at the restraunt would always let me know if something contained them. I hope it got easier!

On board! :D

So sorry to hear about your sons food allergies! I had a friend who had food allergies and going out to eat with him always took longer...but we totally understood! Had I been in line behind you and heard the people grumbling and getting annoyed I would have told them ****. :D

Welcome back and count me in!!!!

Great start on the trip report. Sorry to hear about the food situation.
I guess the good news is as you go more often, :thumbsup2 you will get better at knowing what is OK and what is potentially a problem.

I'm in for the ride!!!! Followed you over from Jordan's PTR.

My SIL cannot eat gluten so she and my brother have to check ingredients before they order. One good thing is that it seems that more people are eating gluten free food and it is becoming more common. They had good experiences eating in WDW. Sorry you had to go through that with your son... but you are right- his health is most important. Who cares about a bunch of people you don't know standing behind you! pirate:

Blue!! Your Home!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I'm so happy your home, hopefully a little more rested by now and your laundry is magically done, and your report is off to a good start!!! :goodvibes
Now.... I gotta go and read. :surfweb:

Looks like you had a great start! So sorry you were given outdated info. I hope you called or emailed Disney to let them know what happened so they can fix the problem of sending out outdated info :sad2:. I can't wait to read about you meeting Jordan, Winkers, Rosie, etc!!

I am here. Your son has gotten so big. I am glad to see he is in a 5 point harness seat. We are keeping my dd in one until she is not able to fit in it any more. It will be a while hers is good to 60 lbs. My friends keep telling me to switch her but I keep saying nope not going to happen. She is safer in that seat and she still like sit because it lifts her up so she can see out the windows. My friend thinks I am nuts even though she has seen what can happen to a child not in a 5 point harness seat. I can't wait to read about the reat of your trip.

I'm in. I have been looking forward to all of your TR's. Sorry that your trip is over but glad the TR's are starting.

I am in!

I saw you on Jordan's PTR so I thought I would come over

I really want to drive to WDW someday just for that shot of orange juice :lmao:

Great pics of Spaceship Earth!

Sorry about the food hassle hopefully it gets easier for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter