My Party Is Almost Too Big

OhDannyBoy

DISdad #850
So I had no idea there was a limit to how many friends you can add to your plans.
My group has grow to a staggering 16 people.
Apparently you can only have 15. Luckily my youngest is only 2 and doesn't need to be added.
Goodness even Disney thinks I'm brining too many people.

Our plan went from my DW, and my 2 DD and my mom and stepdad. Then my sister and her wife got involved along with their DS and a friend of his who is 9. From there we grew to my brother (who I only found out existed 3 years ago via one of those home DNA things) his DW, 2 DS's, and DD. Just to put a cherry on it, he's bringing his mom too.

Oh my. Thank goodness my SIL knows how to use technology and has a grasp on the app and is currently doing her homework on how things will work in the park come Feb 2.

I'm both excited and terrified at the same time. LOL

Well, at least you have until February to learn MDE and how Genie+ works! Keep up with the pertinent threads once Genie+ debuts!
It's why I've been on here everyday. I'm waiting for reports back from the those who will bravely sacrifice their vacation to be beta testers for the new system. Then I can attempt to make plans that will fall apart within an hour of arriving in Orlando. I've done a few big (albeit not THIS big) trips to Disney and learned a lot. Number one being plans for the most part will fall apart and we are not all tethered together. If you want to ride Splash Mountain, go ride the darn thing and we'll meet up in a bit. LOL I only ask that everyone make it to any dinner reservations (with 16 people we are likely not doing any) or pony up the funds for cancellation.

The cool thing is we rented an 8 bedroom house with a heated pool, movie room, and a lot of fun stuff to do for the whole week. We are only doing 3 park days and are staggering them as to not burn everyone out. I'm in the process of figuring out which days are best to do which parks (any suggestions are welcome) but I have a good idea of a game plan so far. Once we find out more about how the new Fast Lane Lighting Genie+ pay to play wallet vacuum works, I'll start working that in too.

I’m one of those beta testers 🤣🤣🤣 Sounds like you will have plenty of time to get your ducks in a row, I’m sure it will be an epic treat!

I’m one of those beta testers 🤣🤣🤣 Sounds like you will have plenty of time to get your ducks in a row, I’m sure it will be an epic treat!
Thank you for your sacrifice......I promise I will not let it be in vain so long as you report back here. I offered free churros in a different thread to all those who beta test and report. (free churros are subject to availability and whether or not i have any money left)

I joke a lot but it will be fun. Crazy, stressful, but fun.

Alright so I have a lot of time to iron all this out but I may as well ask this instead of starting a new thread.

So our plan changed a bit and we are not going to be at the house for a full week. Bummer, but we do what we have to right. Now we will be arriving in Orlando Wednesday, February 2 and are leaving Monday February 7. Half are a 3 hour drive and the other half have to fly and deal with all of that. Yuck but they travel well. LOL

Here's my basic plan that will change 147 times before February. Right now I'm thinking about what parks on what days. You guys know a lot more than me, so please any input will be well received.

Wednesday, February 2 - I need to go to guest relations to verify my Florida residence tickets as do about half of my party, so our plan is to go to Disney Springs, aiming to be there around noon, take care of business with the tickets at a guest relation center, and wander about until around 3:330ish when we can check into the house. Check in, set up, simple dinner, relax.

Thursday, February 3 - Hollywood Studios. I am a rope dropper. Those who wish to join me in my over caffeinated state will follow me to the gates at rope drop time. Those that sleep in have cell phones and will be able to find us. We stick out, trust me. LOL How we attack HS is really going to depend on a LOT of things, but for now this is my plan.

Friday, February 4 - Magic Kingdom. this is where I am debating and in need of advice. My thought process is hit Magic kingdom on a Friday as crowds are smaller than weekends (right?) AND this will likely be our latest in the park night. Saturday will not be a park day so we can sleep in (haha yeah right)

Saturday, February 5 - House party day. I know how to house party properly, so I'm good here. LOL

Sunday, February 6 - Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom for me is a great way to end a Disney trip. I find the park quite relaxing. We'll likely rope drop it, but honestly if not, I'm ok there.

Monday, February 7 - check out. We have to check out by 10 but I'll go explore Orlando a bit. Some of the group has to fly home, but those who want to can follow me to some off beat attractions i love to visit in Orlando.

So really I guess what I'm wondering is am I right to set up MK on Friday and AK on Sunday? Any reason to switch those around?

Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!