My Journal to Me - Comments welcome!

There are a few things I can't have in the house because they will trigger a binge - Cool Whip, cheesecake, ice cream and cookie dough. I suggest making all the cookies and sending them to work with DH! If you can behave with the cookie dough, you are doing A-OK!

Congrats on the loss! You are really doing great. :banana:

What kind of exercising are you going to be doing? Do you go to a gym or do you work out at home? Any exercise videos you do?

Anna - great job!! All of us have our snack/food vices and remember that things are ok in moderation (at least that's what I tell myself when I'm around cheesecake, lasagna or Reesee's Peanut Butter cups!)

I saw that you were looking for something like fitday to help you with your exercise motivation. I'd suggest using any equipment that will give you a calories burned readout. That way you can equate the exercise you are doing to certain foods and hopefully find some motivation to work off some calories (I bypassed a bag of M&M's the other day by thinking "that's about 30 minutes on the elliptical"...) :)

Keep up the great work!!

Congrats on the 6lb weightloss and the new clippie! You're doing great! :jumping1: I hope you're better at resisting choc chip cookie dough than I am at caramels! Those caramels were nothing but trouble from the moment I bought them. No more Rachel Rey desserts!

The cookie dough continues to haunt me. So far I have resisted. The package is unopened and I moved it to the frig in the garage so I at least I don't see it every time I get my water pitcher out (but I still know its there ...)

Today was a pretty good day. I didn't get my full hour of exercise in, but at least I did something. I did a 30 minute exercise video .OMG, I had forgotten how completely uncoordinated I am! -insert clippie of tripping and falling down! The planned walk to pick up the kids from school got nixed though. DH called. He was leaving on a business trip this evening and the trip just got extended a day. I met him for lunch and brought another day of clothes for him. Just made it back in time to do drive pick up for the kids. Food wise, I felt like I did pretty well. By dinner time I had only had 9g of Fat so I had a big splurge and had Pesto for dinner.

Food:
8:15a: GoLean Crunch, 24 oz skim milk, 1/4 cantaloupe
12:30p: Carls Jr Grilled Chicken Salad w/ vinegarette
3:15p: apple, 1/2 c FF cottage cheese
6:30p: pesto w/ whole wheat pasta, 1T pine nuts, glass of wine, 1 jelly bean
Totals:
Cal: 1248, Fat: 32g, Carbs: 144g, Fiber: 28g, Protein: 89g

Water: 108 oz

Exercise: 30 minute Abs & buns exercise video

Anna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wish I could send the cookies to work with DH, but he just left on another business trip (so why did he buy the darn cookie dough!?). As long as it is not open, I think I'll be ok, I hope. So far the kids have not asked for them yet.

For exercise I usually walk with DD2 in the jogger stroller. Today I tried an exercise video. I will be sore in the morning, I'm sure. I really like a cardio workout better right now though. I remember liking the cal burned feature when I worked out at the gym. Our neighborhood is really hilly, so that makes it more interesting.

Thanks all for your great encouragement. Even though I didn't get a full workout in today, I feel good that I at least did something! :yay:

Hi Anna,

You can do it...you can resist the cookie dough...I know you can :)
You moved it and that was good....you'll soon forget about it!!!

Keep up the good work...you did great yesterday :)

Happy Tuesday !

ANNA ANNA BO BANNA FE FI FO FANNA-----ANNA!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: (do these guys ever get off sync?)
Sorry....had to do it....i woke up in a good mood, and figured i'd take it out on you!!
Good job on resisting the cookie dough so far!! I can't even have that stuff in the house....my dd6 will eat and entire tub in one setting!! surprised the kid doesn't have worms or something!! lol (tmi)

I think i'm gonna get a 30 minute ab tape....i need alot of help there, and sometimes I just don't think bob does it for me....either that or i'm skimping out on that part of the dvd!!

keep up the great work and RESIST RESIST RESIST!!!
marie

Hi Anna!

Congratulations on resisting the cookie dough and getting your workout in! :thumbsup2 You did a great job yesterday! :goodvibes

Keep on keeping on! You CAN do it! :cheer2:

Great job getting that cookie dough out of sight!

And a workout is a workout, no matter what! At least you got 30min in, that is great! :cheer2:

I can't believe you only ate 1 jelly bean! What is your secret?

Watch out! That cookie dough is bad stuff. About 16 years ago I broke a tooth on it. I was keeping it in the freezer so I wouldn't be tempted but decided to have 'just a little'. The next thing I knew my tooth was broken. Between the frozen cookie dough, Milk Duds and caramels I'm lucky I have teeth at all. (My dentist just loves his new porche!) Just kidding

So far so good on the cookie dough. As long as the tube stays unopened, I think I'll be ok. Once it is open though, all bets are off! I just "nibble" but pretty soon it is half gone! :sad2: Completely not necessary to cook the stuff, plenty good straight from the tube!

Today was a pretty good day. I went to the post office and DIDN'T go to the drivethru donut place. :banana: That's a first! I also got a great walk in along the Beach! :cheer2: Not quite an hour, but really good for my soul. Something about listening to the waves always makes me feel happy.

Food:
8:15a: Whole wheat toast w/ 1T PB and 1/2T blueberry jam, 4 oz OJ
11a: Granola Bar
1:20p: FF yogurt, 4 baked pita chips
3:30p: granola bar
5:30p: chicken w/ garlic, onions, peppers; 1/2c peas, 4 oz white wine
Totals:
Cal: 1163, Fat: 33g, Carbs: 144g, Fiber: 15g, Protein: 55g

Water: 112 oz

Exercise: 50 minute walk w/ stroller along the beach!

Anna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, I grew up as Anna Banana! :banana:

Note to self: DON'T freeze the cookie dough! :scared1:

I was tempted to make cookies tonight after dinner, but I finished all the skim milk (gotta go to the store tomorrow!). What's the point of cookies without milk?

LOL. No secret on the jelly beans. There was only one black one and the rest were all the "yucky" colors (pink and purple). :rotfl:

Yeah Anna!!! You skipped the donuts...that is great!!! And the cookies....you can get through them being there....Don't give in....

Keep up the great work!!! You are doing a great job!!!!

Happy Wednesday :)

Excellent job skipping the donut shop! I was noticing your absence of milk, then I got to the end and saw that you were out... I can personally do plenty of cookie damage without milk!

Great getting that workout in! You are doing awesome on the exercise challenge, way to go! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Anna - What cookie dough? :confused3 You talking about that imaginary cookie dough that you think you have but really don't so that you can trick your mind into not wanting it? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Great job skipping the donuts!! Little things like that make a huge difference...think of how many calories and grams of sugar you just avoided!! Great job.

That beach walk sounds beautiful. I can never get over how much more difficult the sand is to walk on than the pavement. Whenever I think I'm doing well I head over to the beach and it always takes me twice as long.

Way to go with avoiding those donuts! :thumbsup2

Great job on the donuts...wish i could say the same thing today...
And I agree....a walk on the beach sounds wonderful.....wish i had a beach close by!!
Don't think walking the rocks along the Mississippi River sounds to comforting.....actually sounds kinda creepy..
You're doing great Anna...keep it up!

marie

Hi there,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi :wave:

Hope you are having a good day!!!

Keep up the good work!

Well I had a major hectic day yesterday (Wednesday) and today is not going much better. PTA president had major changes for the newsletter this morning (supposed to be at the printers already), both older girls had Orthodontist appointments (DD10 got her braces off! :banana: ) and then DD12 had her 12 year old check up. Spent the morning frantically getting the PTA newsletter redone, got it to the printer around 11, had a decent lunch, played with DD2 who had been parked in front of the TV all morning, left the house at 1:30 to pick the kids up and didn't make it home again until 6pm, had KFC for dinner (blah!) then took DD10 back out to pick out the promised "sticky" candy for the new "braces-less" teeth! Home again, homework, and I'm in bed 10 minutes after the kids go down. Completely missed my workout (Thanks PTA newsletter!). I didn't even get to the grocery store which is bad because I have now been 2 days without milk and I'm getting really cranky! The only good thing is I was too busy to even think about the cookie dough!

Food:
9:30a - grabbed an oatmeal-to-go bar while working on the newsletter at the computer, pretty tasty, but good golly what a lot of carbs!
12:45p - 1/4 cantaloupe, 6 sliced deli ham, 1 serving baked pita chips
3:30p - granola bar
6:00p - KFC: 6 Boneless Honey BBQ wings! I was exhausted and made a bad choice. They weren't even that good!
Totals:
Cal: 1158, Fat: 42g, Carbs: 140g, Fiber: 12g, Protein: 56g

Water: 88 oz

Exercise: none!

Anna

Cutting it short because I have to pick the kids up from school. Later!

Eating wise, I completely fell off the wagon today. On his way home from the airport last night, DH stopped and got milk for me :cloud9: , however, he also brought home Cinnabons! So I had 1/2 of a Cinnabon with a big glass of milk this morning for breakfast. I did pass up the bagels and cream cheese at the PTA board meeting and the strawberries and shortcake at Toddler class. I even passed up lunch because the cinnabon didn't sit well apparently (TMI sorry!) By the late afternoon I was feeling like I could eat again so I had a decent snack. Then I played bunco and ATE! The good news is I did get my exercise in for the day. It was a "bellydance workout" on FitTV - :rotfl2: won't be doing that again! I'm sure if anyone had seen me they would have thought I was having some sort of seizure! :rotfl:

Food:
7:45a: 1/2 cinnabon, 15 oz skim milk
4:00p: 1/2c FF cottage cheese w/ olives, 1/3c walnuts
7 - 9:30p: potato chips and dip, fritos, 2 pieces of Garlic Chicken Pizza (yum!), green salad, 1 glass white wine, mixed nuts, chocolate covered fruit, 2 chocolate covered cheesecake bite things.
Totals: ????

Water: 108 oz

Exercise: 45 minute "bellydance workout", 8 min Abs, 8 min Buns videos

Anna

Tomorrow is a new day - Thank goodness!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I have been negligent in getting to the journals for the last couple of days. "Life" is getting in the way again. :guilty:

Hi Anna,

You have the right attitude...today is a new day and you can start over. Although, you didn't do too bad. You only had have a Cinnabon....how you did that is beyond me! I love those things :love: ...get me started and I will eat the whole thing!!! That there is just a party in your mouth!!!

Keep up the good work!! You are doing great!!!

Have a wonderful Friday

Hi Anna~

Stopping by to WISH you a wonderful weekend! :sunny: Remember, today is a new day with a clean slate. You CAN do it! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter