My intro and What's the Best Way to Book?

HereWeComeTink!

Earning My Ears
Hi All:
My first time posting on this Can. Board! I am Paula, from south eastern Ontario! I am a WAHM (own my own scrapbook store busines) Family consists of dh, ds 10, dd 7, ds 5.

Took our first family trip to WDW last Sept. and stayed at the Poly for 10 days! (we figured this was our "trip of a lifetime"....umm...didnt know we would get so hooked and want to return soon! Flew Jet Blue out of Syracuse! Booked package deal (hotel, transfer, parkpasses) plus the air thru travel agent in town, not sure I got the best deal (did get the free dining, so didnt really bother to compare prices) but liked the fact I didnt have to search all over to find the "best" deal, since we were booking in June for Sept. travel.

So, we are now looking at returning in Jan/Feb and since I have a bit more time to research but don't know where to start! So..you experts out there..can you give me some guidance please?? Where are the best sites to check pricing? Are there different places to book online or just Disneys site? Do you find the packages are better deals, or booking rooms separate from passes etc the way to go??

We are looking to stay somewhere other than Poly this time, (we had a fabulus time there, but just want to try something different) and considering the new Family Suites at the AS's or maybe connecting rooms at POP. (Yes, I do know the difference between a deluxe resort and a value!! LOL) Since we are a family of 5, (big folks too...LOL) we will need 2 rooms at a value or moderate. I think the kids would like the theming at AS or POP which is why I am leaning there!!!

Okay, enuf about me! Any and all suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated! And if anyone needs any info. from our stay at the Poly feel free to ask!!!

Thanks and look forward to getting to know you all !

Welcome to the Canadian Boards!

Best bet, book it all yourself and separately!

That's half the fun is the planning!

j

I agree - book it all separatly yourself.... much more fun planning that way!!

Welcome to the Canadian board Paula, from south eastern Ontario! :wave:

It all depends on what you are comfortable doing. Some people like to go through CAA (you can get some discounts that way). Some like to book through a travel agent (I booked with Small World Vacations). I like the fact that she will phone for the ADR's and take care of all the details. They will also keep an eye out for deals or specials that might be applicable to your reservation. I did book the airfare myself. They basically give you exactly the same price as you would get directly from Disney.

Some people like to go through CAA (you can get some discounts that way).
You get the CAA discount when you book it yourself, too. 15%, I think it was. Sign up for the Mousesavers Newsletter, ask many questions here, and have fun! Planning (and re-planning :rotfl: ) is half the fun.

I always book everything myself too. Do your research first, on the DIS Resort/Codes forums or Mousesavers.com for the latest updates and what packages or room discounts are available.

You can phone down to Disney toll free: 1-800-828-0228 and book your resort, make your ADR's. Most Cast Members are very helpful and if not, hang up and try again.

If you plan on using Disney's Magical Express call: 1-800-599-0951 and give them your flight information. You will find information galour on the Transportation forum.

We enjoy staying at Pop Century. It's a big resort and can be quite busy but I find they run it very efficiently. I like the fact that it's a new resort and has a lake to walk along. All the memorabillia is fun to read and look at, along with the huge icons. Staying at a Value has enabled us to make more trips to Disney! ;)

I usually go with a CAA room discount that I book directly through Disney (ask for the Triple A discount, same thing) or a Disney room-only code if there is one.

Download the DING program from Southwest Airlines and watch for the great daily discount rates. These usually require flexibility though. Also sign up for SW's Tuesday newsletter Internet email specials.

Hi there, welcome to the Cdn boards!! Just wanted to throw another idea out there...dh and I are renting pts from a DVC member for our trip in October, staying in a studio at OKW. It actually worked out cheaper that way than staying at POP! You could look into how many pts it would be for a 2 bdrm villa for the time of year you're planning (look on the dvc info pages here on the DIS for points charts) and then look on the DVC rent/trade board to see who's got what for rent, or read the guidelines and post yourself for what you're looking for. Going rate is around $10/pt. Fri and Sat night will be more pts, but you might look at paying cash rate for those nights. You'd have to make seperate ressies, but you ask for them to be linked. Might wind up cheaper than getting 2 rooms at POP or family suite, plus you'll have way more room and a full kitchen and in-room laundry, great feature especially with kids (I only have one ds and I know how many clothes I had to bring last time!!)

Just a thought! Happy planning (and probably should also welcome you to the OCDPD club...Obsessive Compulsive Disney Planning Disorder!?!?!) :rotfl:

Debbie said:

You get the CAA discount when you book it yourself, too. 15%, I think it was. Sign up for the Mousesavers Newsletter, ask many questions here, and have fun! Planning (and re-planning :rotfl: ) is half the fun.
The discount varies by resort category. Although anyone can give you the CAA discount on a room-only reservation, you can only get a CAA discount on a package by booking with a CAA agent.

I agree that Mousesavers has great tips on how to save money when going to WDW. Paula should also check out http://www.allearsnet.com/.

Another vote for renting points for a DVC resort. We are renting in January, overall paying less than our original plan for a moderate plus an upgrade to deluxe resort. In addition, we can add the dining plan, whereas if you book room only through CRO and get a discounted rate, you may not be able to get DDP.

I'm new too, sorry if this is a FAQ...
How do you find points offered to rent???
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter