My first DVC stay

mlrl2288

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
Just had my first DVC trip. Home resort is SSR but we stood at BLT. Everything was great except the room was not ready until 4:30. Should I complain?

Just had my first DVC trip. Home resort is SSR but we stood at BLT. Everything was great except the room was not ready until 4:30. Should I complain?
No. 4:30 is a perfectly reasonable time for the room to be ready. If it were not ready until 8 PM, I could see a reason to complain. But 30 minutes after check in? Pfttt!

I could be way wrong, but I thought DVC was 5pm. Either way I would not even think of complaining. Of course I also do not sit around and wait for my room. I drop my bags and head to a park, the pool, walk around the Boardwalk, or Disney Springs.

No you shouldn't complain, you were given access to your room within a reasonable timeframe. Sometimes you get lucky and can get your room early but I wouldn't count on that. Like others have said it is best to have a plan for something to do while you're waiting for your room to be ready. You could visit MK or Epcot from BLT or just ride the monorail, explore your resort or resort hop to the other resorts on monorail line. Take a boat ride to WL, look around there and maybe visit Geyser Point for a snack. There are many enjoyable things to do while waiting on you room. JM2Cs

I think the time to complain, if you were so inclined, would have been in the moment. If I'm reading this correctly and you are home now, there's not a lot to be done.

That said, if it were me I would not get too upset over not being able to get into the room until 4:30. I would not have complained in that situation.

Check in is "after 4." You got your room after 4.

If this is your complaint after a first stay, you are going to have a long frustrating ownership.
That's a really silly argument. After 4 means anytime after 4, which means 4:01 is after 4. It doesn't say "at some point after 4", which is what you are implying.

That said, I wouldn't be thrilled if I traveled a long way, but I wouldn't complain about 30mins. An hour late might get a comment.

How long was your stay? What type of room? I’m just curious... nothing to do with the time the room was ready.

We have stayed at several DVC resorts. Most of the time our room is ready early afternoon and I consider that a bonus. Sometimes its not until 4-5. We're usually at a park or DS, so it doesn't really matter to us at that point.

Getting a text is so useful and you go straight to your room, we’ve been lucky room always ready early afternoon

We usually arrive in the morning, so they've been pretty good about getting a room before 4, but I agree with most of the previous posters, that having the room ready by 4:30 pm is not complaint worthy. The only time it would be is if you were at the desk and they promised you it would be ready by 4 PM and then it wasn't. I think without an implicit promise of it being ready I wouldn't really see a right to complain until maybe 5 or 5:30 PM.

As others have said, if the worst thing that happens all week is a 30 minute late check-in that's a pretty good stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter