My door did not open for me!!!!!

Oh, I am sure no one is doing this thread to make fun of people specifically...I mean, we are the DVC members we are pointing silliness to. I think we are all just having fun with vast exaggerations with expectations. We obviously know the things we are commenting on are above board and would never be seriously taken on. :upsidedow

Now you tell me. I was sure this was all directed at me. I was on the phone with member satisfaction at 9:00 sharp this morning. The CM asked that I send her the link to the thread so she could understand the issue.
I could tell when she began reading the posts, as she let out a tremendous gasp and had to immediately put me on hold without a word. I'm pretty sure it was a gasp.
Apparently she was also impacted by the posts as well. After 10 minutes on hold she returned, her voice unsteady, sniffling and openly admitting she was in tears.
At that point I felt bad and said "you know what? Let's just forget it".
Then came the Disney magic. She replied "I can't just forget this. I can't thank you enough for bringing this to our attention. Since you had to withstand this online badgering, we're gong to build website where only you get to book your own vacations. We'll need a few months to build it."

So there you have it. You never know what you can get until you speak up!

Oh, I am sure no one is doing this thread to make fun of people specifically...I mean, we are the DVC members we are pointing silliness to. I think we are all just having fun with vast exaggerations with expectations. We obviously know the things we are commenting on are above board and would never be seriously taken on. :upsidedow

:mad:Now I'm really ticked. I thought this was a true venting forum.

Now you tell me. I was sure this was all directed at me. I was on the phone with member satisfaction at 9:00 sharp this morning. The CM asked that I send her the link to the thread so she could understand the issue.
I could tell when she began reading the posts, as she let out a tremendous gasp and had to immediately put me on hold without a word. I'm pretty sure it was a gasp.
Apparently she was also impacted by the posts as well. After 10 minutes on hold she returned, her voice unsteady, sniffling and openly admitting she was in tears.
At that point I felt bad and said "you know what? Let's just forget it".
Then came the Disney magic. She replied "I can't just forget this. I can't thank you enough for bringing this to our attention. Since you had to withstand this online badgering, we're gong to build website where only you get to book your own vacations. We'll need a few months to build it."

I think your phone call worked. I just got a call from DVC wanting to know how I was doing, if I was enjoying my DVC membership, if I had any new trips planned, and if there was anything I needed taken care of. I gave them the link to this thread, as done by a previous poster, and said all they needed to know was on here. I did good right?

Oh, and it figures it would take them months to build you a personal website.:headache:

Thank you everyone for adding a bit of levity. I’ve had a stressful week and this thread is just what the doctor ordered.

On to a more serious topic... DW and I are planning to renew our vows at a ceremony at WDW. She’s allowed me to plan which resort to stay at, but she firmly hinted to GF… plus, we’ve been saving points from the last 5 years to be able to afford that place. I think it will be nice to spend 10 days there.

We have a couple of idea for our ceremony. First we thought about using the TOWL. I know that we’d have to get studio at BLT, but that’s not a problem, we have 5 years of points saved. We are planning to invite 50 people, give or take 30. Now, the most time consuming part will be getting everyone up to the top. Will I have to come down each time to show my key to the CM at the desk? Or can I just make photo copies of my KTTW and give them to our guests?

If that doesn’t work, we could plan to have it in the BLT lobby. It will be fast and we’ll be quiet. I wouldn’t want to draw any attention… Especially from any of the CMs.

Let me get to the real reason I am writing this post. Since we will have the studio at BLT, I wouldn’t want it to sit vacant that one night. So, we were thinking about offering it to my MIL. Do you think she will like it?

This is my family’s story:

We made reservations for 6 nights at SSR. I was able to get one more vacation day from work, so called MS hoping to add an additional night at BCV for a change of pace, and it was available. Kids loved SAB. We had 7 days fun at the parks with no problems to mention. Weather was fabulous. Fastpasses worked great. We rode every ride that we wanted without waiting for more than 10 minutes in any line. We had ADR’s for every night and didn’t wait for more than 5 minutes once. The trip was truly wonderful. Certainly some of the best Disney memories we’ve ever had. (True story)

My problem is that everything was so great that we just want to go back for more. Unfortunately, we are out of points and can’t afford any more. I really don’t think that it is fair for them to create such a magical environment to make us desire to visit so badly when it is beyond our means. Don’t you think that they should give us additional DVC points as compensation?

Not specifically no, as that is against forum rules, but what was the premise of this thread.

Has to be recent complaint threads.

For there to be Satire there has to be an underlying premise that is being made fun of.

Just saying.

Tell you what...IF the MIL does not like the BLT Studio, you call me and I will wear whatever disguise necessary! :thumbsup2

Let me get to the real reason I am writing this post. Since we will have the studio at BLT, I wouldn’t want it to sit vacant that one night. So, we were thinking about offering it to my MIL. Do you think she will like it?

Well, I guess there isnt anything more to say except I'm sincerely sorry that you are taking such offense to what is meant to only be a harmless, funny thread. I am sure the OP, and all of us subsequent repliers, was just intending humor and entertainment and not basing it on any particular complaint. :flower3:

But really...dont you find any part of this to be the least bit comical? If we cant poke fun at ourselves, who can we? :confused3

Not specifically no, as that is against forum rules, but what was the premise of this thread.

For there to be Satire there has to be an underlying premise that is being made fun of.

Just saying.

Just saying.

I assure you I was in no way seeking to hurt anyone's feelings. Simply trying to try to "pay back" a couple chuckles.

When is humor not at least indirectly based on human behavior?

But if laughing at ourselves is off limits, look at the bright side... If someone really read these and saw enough of themselves in them to take it personally, could some good perhaps come of that?

"Surely this will work," I thought.
WOW! You know Shirley, too?! :banana:

My wife called last week for a dedicated 2br SV at BLT for mid September... would you believe there was nothing available! I am looking into our options to sell.
Please don't sell. Those Savannah View room at BLT are a little tough to get. Maybe the waitlist will come through for you, though. :thumbsup2

Let me tell you about my problem! One night, Mickey Mouse came in and tucked me in for the night. Well, I called the next day and complained about the rat problem!
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: This is the BEST! Tag Fairies need to decend upon your avatar! LOL!!!

..."Since you had to withstand this online badgering, we're gong to build website where only you get to book your own vacations. We'll need a few months to build it."

I think a few months is a bit optimistic...just say'in :rolleyes1

… plus, we’ve been saving points from the last 5 years to be able to afford that place.
:eek: :confused: :laughing: :lmao:

With regards to some comments as of late.....

sam-the-eagle-i-dont-approve.jpg

;)

WOW! You know Shirley, too?! :banana:

Please don't sell. Those Savannah View room at BLT are a little tough to get. Maybe the waitlist will come through for you, though. :thumbsup2

Your post taught me two things:

1. I don't need to book AKV to see animals.

2. Coffee laughed through the nose really hurts. :lmao:

DVC has gone way over the top. They expect me to pay for the points.

Late last year I was talking to my guide and someone ran out of the office screaming. I asked what that was all about. Guide said no big deal he asked what perks he gets. His guide slipped and said J. Lewis.

Well, I guess there isnt anything more to say except I'm sincerely sorry that you are taking such offense to what is meant to only be a harmless, funny thread. I am sure the OP, and all of us subsequent repliers, was just intending humor and entertainment and not basing it on any particular complaint. :flower3:

But really...dont you find any part of this to be the least bit comical? If we cant poke fun at ourselves, who can we? :confused3

Seriously do I find it funny, no or I would not have shared my thoughts.

Was it generated to poke fun at those that have contributed, maybe, was it posted as satire to recent threads that others have posted about problems such as dirty rooms etc., lack of perks, free dining etc.

I think so.

Just my opinion, and respect that others do not agree which is fine.

This is going to be a long run on sentence so pay close attention. So are you guys saying that when we go to disney and the month that we going- 3 out of 4 kids are having their birthdays that month; that not all of the children, and I mean the unbirthday month child, is not going to be able to bareback ride the zebras and the ostrichs at AKL when we have specially added two nights there at the beginning of our MAGICAL PIXIE DUST trip? Well I might as well unpack the corn I was planning to use to lure them our way. Hmmmmmmmmmm that will leave room in the luggage for a hair dryer to come home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter