My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Breakfast of champions, Chewbacca maple bar from GCH
View attachment 671947

View attachment 671948Passion fruit, orange, guava freeze with glow cube from Galactic Grill. This hit the spot!

Snack day, and DD had cotton candy
View attachment 671949
We did the World of Colour dinner package at wine country trattoria, it was very good! Better than I expected. But it was very loud and I was hungry and forgot photos. I had the salad (a surprising winner) and the chicken parmesan. DD and DH had salmon and both enjoyed it as well. Dessert was unexpected, I love black currant so ordered the mousse, but should have just gotten the classic tiramisu. It was cute though!
View attachment 671950
I am curious about this dessert… so you did not like it? What’s the flavor like?

I am curious about this dessert… so you did not like it? What’s the flavor like?
In the middle is a black currant jelly kind of thing, tart/sweet, most flavorful part. Then the white part is kind of bland and not very creamy, I think it called itself white chocolate mousse, seemed more like Panna Cotta to me. And I didn't like the sprinkles on top, too crunchy 😂 cookie was very blue, no discernable flavor that I remember. Flames were white chocolate I think, DD ate them! I'm basically a 90 year old in a 37 year old's body haha.

In the middle is a black currant jelly kind of thing, tart/sweet, most flavorful part. Then the white part is kind of bland and not very creamy, I think it called itself white chocolate mousse, seemed more like Panna Cotta to me. And I didn't like the sprinkles on top, too crunchy 😂 cookie was very blue, no discernable flavor that I remember. Flames were white chocolate I think, DD ate them! I'm basically a 90 year old in a 37 year old's body haha.
I don’t really like panna cotta so that is good info!

Tuesday morning we grabbed croissants at Craftsman grill, every morning it was very quiet there, no wait and lots of tables around 7:30ish. We just brought our own Keurig pods to have in the room every morning, better than the Craftsman coffee.

Our snack this morning was a couple pretzels and a mango cart beer from Bayside Brews at DCA. The jalapeno pretzel (that I get every trip) was disappointing, flavorless and kind of undercooked. The sweet cream cheese one was better. This beer was great though!

For lunch we went to Tortilla Jo's in dtd and sat on the patio with no wait. Really great (free and huge) chips and salsa. I had the tortilla soup which was tasty, DD had a very very cheesy quesadilla with mixed fruit and DH had a taco/relleno combo which he enjoyed!
View attachment 671478
After our pool break we had a 4:50 ressie at Oga's Cantina. After checking in we still had to wait about ten minutes. The service was great all around though. I had the Jedi mind trick which tasted like blue Powerade haha meh, couldn't really taste any of the grapefruit or rose flavor, DH had the coruscant cooler which he liked, but didn't love, probably would have preferred it without the juice! DD had the blue bantha milk which came with a triple decker cookie! I thought it tasted good, but she just wasn't in the mood for anything it seemed.
View attachment 671479
View attachment 671480
DD also was our blackjack dealer for the afternoon, we had to find the matching coasters
View attachment 671481
This was fun and I'd go back again and cross my fingers dd was more interested in her drink and cookie and wanted to stay longer!
Where were you staying where you could bring your own pods?

I had completely forgot that I took some phone pictures as well - my apologies!

IMG_20220501_152519_802.jpg

IMG_20220501_152529_556.jpg

MSEP Plaza Inn Dining Package:
  • World-famous Plaza Inn fried chicken
  • Oven-roasted carrots
  • House-made smoked mac & cheese
  • Bacon and pickled onion wedge salad served with house-made ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles
  • Mickey-shaped sweet honey corn bread
  • Decadent berry cheesecake
Somehow the berries on the cheesecake were MIA. But other than that it was tasty and I was happy with what I got. Way better than the last dining package which I had proclaimed "close to inedible."

IMG_20220505_091636_272.jpg

Main Street Electrical Parade Macaroon (Jolly Holiday Cafe): Yellow Macaron filled with Honey Buttercream and Lemon Curd, topped with Rainbow Sprinkles and Electrical Parade Drum Decoration

I had high hopes because I love lemon curd, but more on the "meh" side for me. Buttercream was too overpowering.

IMG_20220508_120652_951.jpg

Celebration Sundae: Unbirthay Mickey Ear Har Bowl (Gibson Girl): Vanilla Cake, Hot Fudge, Choice of Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Sprinkles and Chocolate Candle, in an Unbirthday Mickey Ear Hat Bowl

Yummy!

IMG_20220509_110109_402.jpg

Cheddar Cheese Stick (Corn Dog Castle).

I had a craving. The craving was actually to ride Toy Story, but that had broken down. So I moved down a craving on the list. That one did not disappoint.

IMG_20220510_084042_747.jpg

Garlic Cheddar Twist (Maurices): Umm... now either I did glorify this in my past memories or did they change the recipe? This was our go to place for anything, but not anymore. Neither cheesy nor garlicy anymore. Not happy.

IMG_20220510_124014_6(1).jpg

"Galactic Burger" from Galactic Grill. That is what my notes say, I can't find it on the menu anymore. May have been a special Star Wars Item. Was really tasty, but same downside as with the Cinco De Mayo food. Not a seat to be found, I ended up eating standing at a planter. Soggy fries tend to downgrade my impression.

IMG_20220510_124019_0(1).jpg

Parfait of Mustafar (Galactic Grill): I dare you to show me a more matching Star Wars Food item. :D

Chocolate Lava Cake, Chocolate Ganache, Red Pâte à Choux filled with Salted Caramel Pudding and Red Chocolate Mousse

Favorite dessert of the whole trip.

The MSEP food looks great! I've been trying every day to get reservations for that but no luck so far. I'll keep trying, though. How was your view?

Is the Cheddar cheese stick like a corn dog but with cheese...? or am I confusing it with your bread stick?

Parfait of Mustafar looks amazing! My whole family will want that lol. Except for me, I can't eat chocolate.

Great to know. We will be at the Grand in august. I personally have Nespresso at home but will have to get some good Keurig.
I'm a Nespresso person at home too!

@Vala I wanted to try that bagel twist but ended up getting a jalapeno pretzel instead and it also wasn't as good as my memory! Bummer, but I feel less bad about missing the bagel twist now

The MSEP food looks great! I've been trying every day to get reservations for that but no luck so far. I'll keep trying, though. How was your view?

I got lucky - I had got a reservation when they dropped, but had to let it go because of a last minute change of plans. Then I woke up 3 AM one morning due to jetlag, randomly checked my phone and an opening for the same day suddenly showed up.

The view was excellent, I sat on the curb.

Is the Cheddar cheese stick like a corn dog but with cheese...? or am I confusing it with your bread stick?

Nope, you are absolutely correct. Like a corn dog, but with cheese. I'm German and this is not something you can usually get here. So yeah it was a craving after 2.5 years. lol

Parfait of Mustafar looks amazing! My whole family will want that lol. Except for me, I can't eat chocolate.

Ah that's too bad. Especially because it really wasn't that chocolate-y, the chocolate nicely complimented the Salted Caramel.

@Vala I wanted to try that bagel twist but ended up getting a jalapeno pretzel instead and it also wasn't as good as my memory! Bummer, but I feel less bad about missing the bagel twist now

And I don't feel bad about skipping the pretzel anymore. I had the exact same situation in reverse.

HOLIDAY TIME 2021
Admittedly a bit late, but here are some photos from HolidayTime 2021!

Hot Cocoa Crème Brûlée - topped with marshmallow Chantilly and served with sugar cookies.
IMG_2533e.jpg

Reimagined Beef Brisket Wellington - with Oikos® Greek yogurt-onion sauce.
(edited)_IMG_2263d.jpg

Holiday Lemonade – Butterfly pea tea, orange juice, and lemonade.
IMG_2537f.jpg

Zero Dog Dish with Onion Rings
IMG_2141c.jpg

Zero Dog Dish with Fries
IMG_2003a.jpg

Peppermint Beignets – beignets dusted with peppermint powdered sugar.
IMG_2006b.jpg

Green Alien Holiday Macaron – Macaron filled with marshmallow crème and chocolate ganache.
(edited)_IMG_2655l.jpg

Pork Broth Noodles – Angel hair pasta with bok choy, mushrooms, roasted pork and yuzu-tomato compote in a pesto-tonkotsu broth. This was surprisingly good! I wish it was on the menu permanently.
IMG_2652j.jpg

(edited)_IMG_2653k.jpg

Impossible™ Spoonful - Rigatoni and ditalini pastas, plant-based meat-balls, tomato sauce, dairy-free parmesan and micro basil.
IMG_2552i.jpg

Caesar Salad and Colossal Crouton - Hearts of Romaine, kalamata olives, pickled onions, Caesar dressing, garlic crouton and parmesan crisps.
IMG_2549h.jpg

Chocolate-Marshmallow Funnel Cake Fries - topped with cinnamon-cocoa, marshmallow drizzle, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce.
IMG_2546g.jpg

Tangaroa Terrace was the all star for us during our stay at the DLH:

BAEE2DD9-D751-4E47-825F-8A66A6D64B9A.jpeg
Little gem salad with chicken - really tasty and refreshing with the POG vinaigrette. We also had the pork gyoza which were really good😋😋

EB565C09-2DF9-4E79-85D9-04D2AD562291.jpeg
Thick & Fluffy Japanese Pancakes - probably our favorite breakfast at DLR ever. The guava syrup was great.

CE1D6392-EE7C-41D6-9639-6C09D862146A.jpeg
Side view 🤩😋

7613673B-89B9-4D79-B118-BFCE99C3502A.jpeg
Avocado Toast - pretty good but the bread was a bit greasy, and we didn’t love the ham chunks

E08D848A-E5D3-4F16-893D-7129D7BB2FB0.jpeg
Tangaroa Toast - this was just ok. Greasy and the citrus custard was disappointing. We each had a bite and threw the rest away.

@LilyJC you have just made my day.

My family are coming to Disneyland for the first time in July, and among my foodie planning were the pork gyozas, which are among my favourite foods when I have them elsewhere.

Daft as I am I thought Tangaroa Terrace was in Disneyland, it took me quite a beat to realise I got it wrong.

Also a shout out for this thread, which I read all the way through, the pics and reviews are so helpful.

@LilyJC you have just made my day.

My family are coming to Disneyland for the first time in July, and among my foodie planning were the pork gyozas, which are among my favourite foods when I have them elsewhere.

Daft as I am I thought Tangaroa Terrace was in Disneyland, it took me quite a beat to realise I got it wrong.

Also a shout out for this thread, which I read all the way through, the pics and reviews are so helpful.

Aww, well perhaps you were thinking of Tropical Hideaway which is actually located in Disneyland. They have pork lumpia and of course the bao buns, but no pork gyoza. 🤗 Enjoy your first trip! There are so many fun treats to enhance the experience! 😋😋

APRIL 2022
Another round of slightly late food reviews, but some of these items are still on the menus!

Cute Treats
Cute chicken caramel apple
DSC_0040h.jpg

Purple Minnie Apples
DSC_0041i.jpg

Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen
DSC_0036g.jpg

Popcorn Calamari - Creole mustard aioli, marinara sauce. Yummy, as alway!
DSC_0028c.jpg

NOLA BBQ Shrimp and Grits - Gulf Shrimp simmered in a New Orleans “BBQ sauce” with Roasted Garlic, Lemon, Worcestershire, Creole Seasonings, served over Andouille Sausage and Parmesan Grits. Still one of Figment's favorites at Brennan's.
DSC_0035f.jpg

Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad - Blackened Salmon, Romaine Lettuce, Roma Tomatoes, Shaved Asiago Cheese, Creole Caesar Dressing, Rosemary-Garlic Ciabatta Bread. Figment still really likes this salad; the salmon was moist and the Caesar salad had good flavor.
DSC_0031d.jpg

Blackened Salmon - Cajun-spiced North Atlantic Salmon, Green Onion Rice, Bacon-braised Southern Greens, Lemon Butter Sauce. Figment really likes this dish; the salmon was very moist and flavorful (but not spicy).
DSC_0033e.jpg

Lamplight Lounge - Boardwalk Dining
There are two different dining options: the upstairs Boardwalk dining and the downstairs Lounge. The Boardwalk dining has an interesting (and somewhat chaotic) registration system. Everyone still kinds of lines up, but in reality you have to join the waitlist via the app. We had lots of trouble joining the wait list, but luckily the CM trying to help everyone standing at the entrance was able to ultimately just over-ride the app info and get us on the waitlist. It seemed like they’re pretty used to the issues at opening, so they know what to do when guests have trouble with the system.

Spotlight Nachos: Barbacoa - Chile-spiced Beef Barbacoa, Chipotle Cheese Sauce and House-made Tortilla Chips with Pinto Bean Purée, Spicy Tomatillo Salsa, Onions, Cilantro, Queso Fresco and Pickled Jalapeño. These were pretty good, but not too spicy. Still kind of messy to eat!
IMG_3085l.jpg

Mojo Chicken Fries - Crispy, golden Waffle-cut Fries smothered in Cheese Sauce and topped with Sazón-marinated Chicken, Citrus Mojo Sauce, Cilantro Lime Crema and Sautéed Bell Peppers & Onions. These were okay, but the chicken was kind of dry.
IMG_3081j.jpg

Pork Belly Bánh Mì Brussels Sprouts - Garlic Togarashi Aïoli, Sweet Glazed Pork Belly, Pickled Carrots & Daikon, Jalapeños, and Cucumbers with Cilantro and Chicharron. These were soooo good!
IMG_3080i.jpg

Lobster Nachos - Warm Lobster with Black Beans, Aged Cheddar-Oaxaca Cheese Sauce, Shredded Cheese Blend, Pico De Gallo, Sliced Serrano Chiles and Chipotle Creama. Still good.
IMG_3079h.jpg

Salmon Poke - Creamy Avocado Mousse topped with Ponzu-glazed Fresh Salmon, Edamame, Pineapple, Cucumber and Seaweed Salad, finished with Pickled Radish, Furikake, Fried Wonton Chips and Togarashi. Figment was disappointed in the changes to this dish. He’s not a big salmon poke fan and the new style chips weren’t as fun to eat as the puffed dome. Overall, he wouldn’t order this dish again.
IMG_3078g.jpg

Goofball Island - Simply Fruit Punch®, Minute Maid® Lemonade and Raspberry Purée. Sweet, but tasty.
Neverland Tea - Vodka, Gin, and Rum plus Peach Schnapps, Pineapple Juice, and Midori. Sweet…
Over Budget - Grey Goose Vodka, Liquid Alchemist Passion Fruit, fresh Lime Juice, Agave Nectar and Ginger Beer. The person who ordered this liked it, but Figment did not (too strong and bitter).
IMG_3073f.jpg

Fun Wheel - Not really sure what is in it, but it was sweet and easy to drink.
IMG_3083k.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter