My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

I’m very late to the party but we tried this cookie the week prior to Christmas and found it to be very good. Wasn’t dry at all and very chewy which was perfect for us. Wish they had a version year round. 🙂

To follow up on my gingerbread post from earlier … I tried the third type of Mickey gingerbread cookie. This one is very different from the other two. It’s a thicker, firmer gingerbread and the ears are dipped in (red) white chocolate.

I have mixed feelings about this cookie! The flavor was excellent. Very spicy and gingery but with a good balance of sweetness. And the white chocolate complimented the flavor really nicely! This is more of a traditional gingerbread so somewhat firm and chewy. But the cookie was SO dry. I don’t know if they are all this dry or if I just got an off cookie, hopefully the latter!

View attachment 626905

Brunch at Lamplight Lounge

Chilaquiles (disappointing soggy mess)
View attachment 670387

French Toast with Brittle (sorry I have no idea why this keeps loading upside down)

View attachment 670388

Mimosa Flight
View attachment 670389
Your "soggy mess" quote here reminds me that when we had dinner reservations at LL back in late February, we bot got the burger because I've generally heard it's the best at DLR, but it was a mess to eat (stuff sliding around everywhere) and I hate burgers like that. The flavor was fine, but it was a little disappointing, tbh.

We're back and I'll post the food photos I have a few at a time.

Corn dog nachos at Hearthstone Lounge - actually quite good! The pico and charred jalapenos took it to a more elevated level.
PXL_20220515_223348694.jpg

Chia pudding at Craftsman Grill - beautiful and lightPXL_20220516_142718698.jpg
Beignets, regular mint julep and passion fruit mint julep from the mint julep bar. Obviously delish - beignets were fresh, both drinks were good and we sat under a beautiful jasmine vine
PXL_20220516_170250212.jpg

PXL_20220516_170730904.jpg

Chicken tip yip (is that what is called? Haha) and the black caf iced coffee at Docking Bay 7. Chicken was good and fresh despite this "regular chicken shape", the whole dish was a tiny bit salty though. Iced coffee was great, of course. They were initially out of the coffee, but then as I was waiting for my food I heard they were back stocked so I was able to sneak back to the line and order one. The regular line was very short here and the mobile order side looked crazy
PXL_20220516_191605425.jpg
Lamplight lounge salmon poke bowl (sorry I am an awful photographer, but dh won't take my food pics for me!) This was a different kind of presentation, it was just ok to me, nothing really wrong with it, I just probably should have read the description better as I prefer something more traditional! It came with a side of chips.
PXL_20220517_010846299.jpg
DD had the kids PB&j roll which I thought she'd love, but ate one piece of only 🤷 I tried one and it was fine to me!
PXL_20220517_010851131.jpg

Tuesday morning we grabbed croissants at Craftsman grill, every morning it was very quiet there, no wait and lots of tables around 7:30ish. We just brought our own Keurig pods to have in the room every morning, better than the Craftsman coffee.

Our snack this morning was a couple pretzels and a mango cart beer from Bayside Brews at DCA. The jalapeno pretzel (that I get every trip) was disappointing, flavorless and kind of undercooked. The sweet cream cheese one was better. This beer was great though!

For lunch we went to Tortilla Jo's in dtd and sat on the patio with no wait. Really great (free and huge) chips and salsa. I had the tortilla soup which was tasty, DD had a very very cheesy quesadilla with mixed fruit and DH had a taco/relleno combo which he enjoyed!
PXL_20220517_192755766.jpg
After our pool break we had a 4:50 ressie at Oga's Cantina. After checking in we still had to wait about ten minutes. The service was great all around though. I had the Jedi mind trick which tasted like blue Powerade haha meh, couldn't really taste any of the grapefruit or rose flavor, DH had the coruscant cooler which he liked, but didn't love, probably would have preferred it without the juice! DD had the blue bantha milk which came with a triple decker cookie! I thought it tasted good, but she just wasn't in the mood for anything it seemed.
PXL_20220518_001026483.jpg
PXL_20220518_000952991.jpg
DD also was our blackjack dealer for the afternoon, we had to find the matching coasters
PXL_20220518_000439753.jpg
This was fun and I'd go back again and cross my fingers dd was more interested in her drink and cookie and wanted to stay longer!

Dinner was at Cafe Orleans. They were about fifteen minutes behind our 6pm reservation, but it was a nice shady place to wait.
I had the Monte Cristo, obviously. It was good and fresh, could have had a bit more filling. The jam was like strawberry Smuckers you'd have on a kids PB&J. I think I would have preferred the complained about marmalade. DH liked the fries, I prefer a skinny cut myself. DD had the kids Mac and cheese, I believe she could choose two sides. DH had the roast chicken which came out looking a bit different than he expected, but he thought it was delicious! He said it was the fanciest feeling meal he had this trip.
PXL_20220518_015525940.jpg

PXL_20220518_015521499.jpg

I’ve been wanting to try the QuesaBirria tacos from Cocina Cucamonga for some time since people rave about them but I was worried they would be too greasy for me (I can’t handle greasy foods like I used to in my 20s and even 30s).

Well I finally tried them and they are indeed delicious! They are definitely super greasy but the force was with me that day and my stomach handled them just fine, whew!

72CEE15F-7103-4E56-ACDD-D0163BED5C2F.jpeg

278827656_418555860274986_2213792395118265393_n.jpg

Seasonal Item from Magic Key Terrace: Sesame-crusted Pork Loin with Wasabi-scented Mashed Potatoes, Grilled Bok Choy, Ginger-pickled Baby Carrots and Dashi Pork Jus.

We both liked, but it was not very filling. We ended up having to dash for Pacific Wharf a couple of hours later because we were starving.

IMG_9497.JPG

Seasonal Item from Refreshment Corner for MSEP, Electric Relish Dog.

All-Beef Hot Dog, Bacon, Mustard Cheese Sauce, Electric Relish and Sport Peppers with choice of Cuties® Mandarin Orange or Small Bag of Chips,

Spice level was just right for me, would eat this again. The Mustard Cheese sauce was way better than I thought.

IMG_9557.JPG

Star Wars Nite Food Item: Cantina Snack Dog.

All-Beef Hot Dog, Beer Cheese Sauce, Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix and Peanuts on a Pretzel Bun.

SO GOOD. But so messy to eat. So so messy.

IMG_9556.JPG

Pick keeps showing up sideways for some reason, my apologies.

Star Wars Nite food item: Blue Cream Soda.

with orange flavored Syrup, half and half and sparkling water.

Nothing outstanding for me, my friends would have had another if it had not been so close to closing.

IMG_9591.JPG

Asada Fries from Award Wieners.

Biggest problem was finding seating, had this on Cinco de Mayo and there was no seating to be found anywhere. Also each and every utensil station had run out of cutlery, and eating this with my fingers... let's just say I am no longer 5. By the time I gave up and plopped down it was very soggy. Would give it another try.

IMG_9592.JPG

Strawberry Shortcake Funnel Cake Fries, also from Award Wieners (Seasonal Item, no longer on the menu).

dusted with Cinnamon-Vanilla Sugar, topped with Strawberries and Whipped Topping, drizzled with Strawberry Sauce and garnished with Mint

Same issue as with the fries, but they held up better. Would definitely eat again.

More pictures coming later today.

IMG_9712.JPG

Heimlich Chew Chew Juice (Magic Key Terrace): perfect if you like watermelons. Couldn't taste the Granny Smith syrup at all.

IMG_9720.JPG

Mac and Cheese (Pacific Wharf Cafe): Sun had set and it was getting chilly. By the time we got this we both were "starving." Perfect.

IMG_9733.JPG

IMG_9735.JPG

IMG_9734.JPG

Jungle Julep (I think that was the name, certainly tasted like it - can't see it on the menu anymore), Safari Skewer and Tiger Tail from Bengal BBQ.

Breakfast of champions, Chewbacca maple bar from GCH
PXL_20220518_150627077.jpg

PXL_20220518_170041960.jpgPassion fruit, orange, guava freeze with glow cube from Galactic Grill. This hit the spot!

Snack day, and DD had cotton candy
PXL_20220518_223412581.jpg
We did the World of Colour dinner package at wine country trattoria, it was very good! Better than I expected. But it was very loud and I was hungry and forgot photos. I had the salad (a surprising winner) and the chicken parmesan. DD and DH had salmon and both enjoyed it as well. Dessert was unexpected, I love black currant so ordered the mousse, but should have just gotten the classic tiramisu. It was cute though!
PXL_20220519_015155521.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter