My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Thanks so much for the pictures, I am anticipating eating there when I got in Sept. :yay:

This was my favorite meal this trip. I had the Shrimp Louie and it was sooo good. Also in the pic is a Red Trolley Ale from the Karl Strauss beer truck.
P1011614.jpg

This is the example bowls they have on the counter. I believe in order they are SF Shrimp Louie, Sonoma Chicken & Apple, Newport Nicoise (Tuna) and the Salina Turkey Sandwich. The example salads show a lot of lettuce, but in reality there's not much lettuce. One person in front of me even complained that the chicken salad was not a true salad. They were expecting grilled chicken laying on lettuce, not cubed chicken in a mayonaise based dressing.
P1011612.jpg

They didn't have any examples of the soup/chilli bowls. But they use the same size bread bowl and you can choose from chilli, clam chowder, corn chowder and brocoli cheese.

Also, you can ask for the entree to be served in a regular bowl and just get the bread in a bag. I like the sauce/soup to soak in to the bread so I had mine served in the bread, but still asked for a bag for my left over bread.

This was my favorite meal this trip. I had the Shrimp Louie and it was sooo good. Also in the pic is a Red Trolley Ale from the Karl Strauss beer truck.
P1011614.jpg

This is the example bowls they have on the counter. I believe in order they are SF Shrimp Louie, Sonoma Chicken & Apple, Newport Nicoise (Tuna) and the Salina Turkey Sandwich. The example salads show a lot of lettuce, but in reality there's not much lettuce. One person in front of me even complained that the chicken salad was not a true salad. They were expecting grilled chicken laying on lettuce, not cubed chicken in a mayonaise based dressing.
P1011614.jpg
Pacific warf is that in DCA???

Yes it's in DCA. I'll update the post to include the park/hotel that each item is at.
Wow...you were quick, I updated the post because I realized I posted the same pic twice.

We almost got one of each skewer. I think the only one we didn't get was the spicy beef which I've already posted a pic of a few pages back.

Outback Vegetable Skewer - zuchini, mushroom, red onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, red potato, crook neck squash. I prefer my veggies a little more cooked than these were. They veggies were still crunchy.
P1011621.jpg

Tiger Tails - bread sticks slightly grilled
P1011622.jpg

Safari Skewer - asparagus spears wrapped in bacon - a must do for me on every trip
P1011623.jpg

Bengal Beef Skewer - beef in a tangy Zulu sauce - don't ask me what Zulu sauce is, that's just what they called it, it wasn't exactly barbeque sauce, not terriyaki, but it was good, not spicy at all
P1011624.jpg

Chieftan Chicken Skewer - chicken in a Polynesian sauce, sort of a terriyaki
P1011628.jpg

OH....the salad in bread bowls look wonderful. I'll have to try one next trip...thanks!! Bengal Bar-B-Que is one of my favorites!!

Ok, I have come to the conclusion that the folks at the Corn Dog Castle just don't cook the corn dogs as well as the Red Wagon in Disneyland. I know you guys didn't like my hot link corn dog posted earlier. And your not going to be too happy with this one either. It's a regular corn dog, but it's still a bit dark. I really wanted to go back to DL to get a corn dog, but my son didn't want to leave DCA.

So, here you are, the corn dog
P1011631.jpg

And the inside after taking a bite so you can see how much corn meal is around the dog
P1011632.jpg

I'll be going back in May so let me know what else you all would like to see.
That trip will include a visit to Blue Bayou, so you can look forward to that.
Also I'll be sure to get a corn dog from the Red Wagon this time so we can all compare the 2 parks style.

LOL.... Hey that is the exact same rice cooker I have sitting on my counter. I am still deciding on whether I want to fork out 1500, and buy tickets to the Red Carpet showing. I have a trip in planning for next March, but trying to decide if I want to try and do a rushed one for the showing.

I thought about getting the tickets to the showing, but decided I'll have just as much fun sitting on Main Street all day with my friends. I'll be able to see the movie a week later. Besides, its not like I'd get a seat next to Johnny or Orlando but on Main Street I may get the chance to say hi to them.

Oh and yeah, we've got that rice cooker too.

Also I'll be sure to get a corn dog from the Red Wagon this time so we can all compare the 2 parks style.

Thank you so much for this. I guess I will get my corn dog from the red cart. I appreciate you taking all these pics. It really was so nice of you to go out of your way. I am so happy to see all those pics!! How was your trip overall? I hope fantastic!!

Question, your favorite meal. At DCA, that was a louie louie salad?? Why does it look so filled with sauce, what was in it?? What kind of dressing, and all the ingredients? Also those asparagus skewers look good, is the bacon kind of soft in places, or is all of it cooked through well? I am scared of underdone bacon. Thank you so much.
:banana: :banana:

Thanks for all the pics! I think I will have to ask for a lighter corn dog. I'll wait for them to make it, if I have to! LOL

Thank you so much for this. I guess I will get my corn dog from the red cart. I appreciate you taking all these pics. It really was so nice of you to go out of your way. I am so happy to see all those pics!! How was your trip overall? I hope fantastic!!

Question, your favorite meal. At DCA, that was a louie louie salad?? Why does it look so filled with sauce, what was in it?? What kind of dressing, and all the ingredients? Also those asparagus skewers look good, is the bacon kind of soft in places, or is all of it cooked through well? I am scared of underdone bacon. Thank you so much.
:banana: :banana:

Took this description from dlresortinfo.com. The sauce you see is thousand island dressing. The shrimp are mixed in it, and then the pour more over the top. You could ask for it on the side and then there wouldn't be soo much.

San Francisco Shrimp Louie
Chilled bay shrimp on a bed of mixed greens with hard-boiled
egg, tomato wedges, olives and a zesty Louie dressing.

The bacon on the skewers was a little soft in some places. I suppose you could ask for one cooked a little extra.

The food thread for WDW helped me so much in planning my trip there. I'd like to help others and since I'm at DL every few months, I take what pictures I can.

Thanks for the pics,:goodvibes I go back in September so I will look forward to future pics from you. i wanna know if Blue bayou is worth it! I wanna eat at cafe orleans this time so any pics from there will help me!

I was debating doing Lilo & Stitch breakfast, but I dunno the pics, and things just arent thrilling looking to me. I have family near DL who have said it was a slightly smaller buffet, with fish, rice, and some other varied items. Heh Where I live they already have rice for breakfast, and I CAN'T DREAM of eating rice for breakfast, or salmon. I am still debating Lilo & Stitch, but it's leaning more towards Storytellers, or just doing Minnie & Friends twice, or one of the others. I am not a big fan of Brother Bear either, and honestly wish they would bring out some other chars along with them.

Ok, I have come to the conclusion that the folks at the Corn Dog Castle just don't cook the corn dogs as well as the Red Wagon in Disneyland. I know you guys didn't like my hot link corn dog posted earlier. And your not going to be too happy with this one either. It's a regular corn dog, but it's still a bit dark. I really wanted to go back to DL to get a corn dog, but my son didn't want to leave DCA.

So, here you are, the corn dog
P1011631.jpg

And the inside after taking a bite so you can see how much corn meal is around the dog
P1011632.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing all of your photos. I am definitely going to go to Pacific Wharf!!!

The steak in that picture was some of the best steak I've had. Really, the Napa Rose was one of the best meals I've had in a while. I highly recommend.

I second that, we ate there last Christmas and it wasn't cheap but oh what a meal, I'm going back there in September for another dinner,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter