MVMCP question

twinmomplus2

DIS Veteran
I am going to disney in December and going with 2 sets of extended family, one first half of the week, the other second half
Is it worth it to go to MVMCP with both of them when they are there? And what are the advantages of Say LTT, Over Say Crystal palace on Party nights. Maybe one, one night one the other? Any feedback.

Well, I noticed a number of "views" on this thread and no replies. I think it's because it's so touchy! Sounds like a family issue...relational rather than Disney-related. Can you handle both mom and stepmom at MVMCP? Can they? As far as LTT vs Crystal Palace, I don't know. Maybe check the restaurant board. Decide ahead how you'll handle it and let everyone know. Try to get the issues on the table ahead of time. Good luck.

No, Did I not say it clearly:p They would be there 2 differant times. I was wondering for myself and kids. Would it be worth it to go twice in an 8 day period? Or would it be better to just go once, I have never been to it, So I have no idea what exactly the evening would entail.

I get it now. Sorry if I came off wrong. Anyway, I've not been to it, so I can't answer whether it's worth going twice in an 8-day period. Sounds like a great opportunity for extra time at MK to me, though and that's always great!

(We're doing MVMCP for the first time this year.)

Hope you get some answers from veterans to MVMCP...

I don't think it would be worth going to twice, IMHO. I'm glad I went but thought it wasn't quite as nice as I expected it would be. Do they both want to go? Or do you just think that one will be offended if you go with the other? Maybe Mom could go with the kids as a special treat and you could go with S-mom? (Or vice-versa, depending on who the kids get to see more of.) The bad part of that plan though is that you don't get to see the kids reactions.

You could do MVMCP on one night and the Candlelight Processional dinner program at Epcot for the other event. If CP would be too boring for the kids (it's lovely, but not many children will appreciate it) I think the Osbourne lights at MGM are the best holiday "event" at WDW. I like to get to NY St. early, get the holographic glasses and watch them throw the switch to turn the lights on. Then just enjoy the snowfall on NY Street and let the big crowds rush in, take some time to look around or have a snack and then go in when the crowds have thinned out. It was amazing to see all those lights!

If you do MVMCP, don't miss out on the riverboat cruise. They had Victorian carolers and the Country Bears roaming the boat, you can see all the lights reflecting in the water and everyone sings along. Just beautiful.

My little guys are a hand full, :p So I would be there both times. Although you just solved my issue..... I forgot about the Osburne lights!!!!!! My stepmom, I think would prefer that to MVMCP. So I will maybe book a PS over there and do that with them. I would love to Do the CP, But, you think it may be boring for the little guys? Maybe I will do that on my own with them so if they are bored I can just leave and not upset anyone that wanted to stay. Thanks, again, I can not believe I spaced out on The Osburne lights.

If you can, do the Candlelight Processional. You don't need to have the dinner package but the wait can be long and if the park is crowded you might wait in line and then still not be seated for that show (and have to wait for the next show.) If you were planning on dining at any of the restaurants offered in the package anyway, it would be just as easy to get the package and know that you have seating. WDWIG has the list of restaurants.
If your kids like music then they might be fine; they'd probably love seeing the long trumpets that look like something out of Cinderella's castle! And the living Christmas tree created by the choirs is so pretty. Depending on how busy your day was (HA!) they might enjoy the chance to relax - and you can always leave if they get too antsy. I'd definitely put it on your list though if you've never been.

Is this your first holiday at WDW? If so, don't miss: the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house, railroad and enormous Xmas tree, the Beach Club has a gingerbread carousel and I think the Boardwalk has readings of "The Polar Express" on certain nights in the lobby. And every night at Epcot they do a special musical presentation in the area leading from Future World into World Showcase, when the holiday arches are lit up. They coordinate the music with the lights and it's a real treat. Try to take a ride on the monorail thru Epcot after they've lit the arches because you go sort of in between them and it's very cool. Oh, now I want to go for the holidays!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter