MVMCP for single adult

srwarden1928

DIS Veteran
I am going on a solo trip in November. I have attended MNSSHP as an adult without kids several years ago. DW and I enjoyed that very much. Fast forward to now--the parties are MUCH more expensive. Is MVMCP worth it for an adult on a solo trip? I will have an AP if that makes any difference.

I am going on a solo trip in November. I have attended MNSSHP as an adult without kids several years ago. DW and I enjoyed that very much. Fast forward to now--the parties are MUCH more expensive. Is MVMCP worth it for an adult on a solo trip? I will have an AP if that makes any difference.

I don't know if it would be worth it, but I am going this year as a solo adult, having never been, so I would say go for it. I don't see why there would be any issue.

I've gone as a single adult and as an adult couple. I had never been the first time (the solo trip) and I really wanted to go. I am glad I went because I watched the parade, special shows, did a couple character meets, enjoyed the short ride lines, had too many cookies (thank goodness they have apples!).

Because Christmas is a holiday so focused on family for me - I have to admit I was a bit lonely. Plus - it was REALLY cold and windy (like in the 40's) the night of my solo night. So - while I am glad I did it - it was not my happiest night at WDW. I'll go to MNSSHP again solo (done that twice already), but I'm not sure I'd pay for MVMCP solo again.

It was MORE fun as a couple a couple years later, though. It was nice to be a couple, he loved the parade and firework variations, and we spent more time just soaking in the atmosphere. It was definitely a "special couples date night" feeling for us - and that made the whole thing feel very different.

The AP discount isn't that much. It's STILL expensive. I'd say if there are things you definitely want to do at the party that you think you'll enjoy solo - go for it. Or if its a short trip and the extra late night means you get a bunch of your MK time during the party - go for it. But for me, I probably won't go again anytime soon as a solo.

That's my two cents!

I've gone as a single adult and as an adult couple. I had never been the first time (the solo trip) and I really wanted to go. I am glad I went because I watched the parade, special shows, did a couple character meets, enjoyed the short ride lines, had too many cookies (thank goodness they have apples!).

Because Christmas is a holiday so focused on family for me - I have to admit I was a bit lonely. Plus - it was REALLY cold and windy (like in the 40's) the night of my solo night. So - while I am glad I did it - it was not my happiest night at WDW. I'll go to MNSSHP again solo (done that twice already), but I'm not sure I'd pay for MVMCP solo again.

It was MORE fun as a couple a couple years later, though. It was nice to be a couple, he loved the parade and firework variations, and we spent more time just soaking in the atmosphere. It was definitely a "special couples date night" feeling for us - and that made the whole thing feel very different.

The AP discount isn't that much. It's STILL expensive. I'd say if there are things you definitely want to do at the party that you think you'll enjoy solo - go for it. Or if its a short trip and the extra late night means you get a bunch of your MK time during the party - go for it. But for me, I probably won't go again anytime soon as a solo.

That's my two cents!

For me, it about family too, just in my case it happens to be avoiding them, so I would personally have no problem with the solo trip, especially if it meant I could get out of town instead. That is just me though, given I have different ideas than my family does about the holiday season.

I don't think the Christmas party is as much fun as the Halloween party solo or with family...I have done it solo and still enjoyed it though. But in 2008. Went with friends in 2014 and with the additional crowds, really did not feel it was worth it. If you love it, go for it. That is the beauty of solo travel, do what you love.

Last year I did the MNSSHP solo and the MVMCP with my father. While I agree that MNSSHP was a lot more fun than MVMCP, I think you may need to ask yourself what your focus would be. I enjoyed the parades and some of the entertainment, but I did not do any of the character M&G or trick or treating at MNSSHP. But either party was great for wanting to go on rides with little to no wait. But only you can determine what is "valuable" to you. For me, I thought both were great values and great experiences.

Hi!
I've done MVMCP solo (as a late 40s widow), many trips with my late DH, one as 2 couples and a 20 month old, and one with my younger cousin as part of her very first WDW trip.

I won't lie, the trips with my DH were the absolute best. But they all had their pros and cons.

I've done MVMCP multiple times and the crowds get bigger every year which is tiring in itself.:crowded:

I'm a HUGE fan of MVMCP and would go every year. I tend to stay until the very end, just love walking out Main Street with the Christmas music. :santa:

The photopass photographers are still out, a great opportunity to get some incredible pics.pixiedust:

If you like parades, this is one not to be missed. I love Santa and the toy soldiers. I've never had a problem getting a great seat close to the start of the second parade, especially in Frontierland.

Fireworks can be seen from Frontierland, but really the castle projections are best viewed from Main Street. :tink:

Hot chocolate, cider and cookies give my feet a break and allow me to stop, breathe, people watch and just immerse myself. :littleangel: And allow the crowds after the fireworks to disperse a bit.:crowded:

If you like characters, this is the only one time I know you can get all 7 dwarves in one pic. In 2015, the handler was losing patience, jokingly, as the dwarves wouldn't stop teasing me. Goofy, Happy and Bashful were in cahoots together. :crazy: :sunny: :blush:

It's a long line, but for me,the pics & memories are pricesless. In fact all the character interactions were outstanding. Goofy stole my sweater and played keep-away with Pluto. :goofy: pluto:

If you're not into parades, a perfect time for attractions, shorter lines, fireworks from the astro orbiter, or top of Splash Mountain as well as the perimeter fireworks, wow. pixiedust:

The shows are exceptional, and you will be criss-crossing the park quite a bit, due to scheduling.

One tip, if you feel like it, get a customized t-shirt from Zazzle (can I say the company name?), they have great customizable Christmas Disney shirts. I've done it 5 times for 2 people to 8. We got so much positive feedback from CMs, and guests, even the next day on the monorail when a family literally squealed in recognition. That's amazing, considering the amount of people there! :tink:

Photopass photographers love it, and take more shots. I went up for cookies and hot chocolate at a slow booth, and the CM called over all the over CMs, and I had to do a pirouette for all of them. Don't worry I was the only person at the counter. They all told me they love it when the guests really get in the spirit too.:earboy2:

And, the coup de grace, your MVMCP ticket gets you in MK at 4 pm, 3 hours before the official start of the party.

I go for the decorations, the fireworks, the shows, character interactions, the PARADE, and the merchandise you can only get during the party.pixiedust:

If you want to get in the mood early, go to a late lunch or early dinner at Chef Mickey's the day of the party while wearing your shirts. If not to your liking, try Casey's in MK, score if you can get an outside table before the fireworks.

I love walking out an almost empty Main Street, with CMs in front of the big tree, holding signs "See Ya Real Soon."
:P :D :-)

Oh, there are some really magical character pic opportunities with the Fab 5 on your way out.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo:donald: :goofy:

Perhaps you have waaay more energy:tigger: than I, but I have never woken up before noon the day after MVMCP. Plan a resort, maybe laundry/pool day, I need it, chances are you will too.:umbrella:

And it's so worth it. I've done it 5 times and can't wait to (hopefully) go again this year.

Any particular reason? Disney and Christmas, it's not just for kids!!!!. :idea:

Pro with my late DH, love of my life, my absolute best friend. Cons, pretty hard to think of any right now.

Pro with both couples and a 20 months old. Seeing it through the eyes of a child. Cons, tired 20 month year old throwing up all over me due to being over-tired

Pro taking my 43 cousin with cerebral palsy on her first WDW trip, havingher thank me every night before lights out, "Thank you for a magical night." Guests letting her tiny body stand/sit in front so she could see most of the shows. Re-inforces my faith in people. Cons: None worth mentioning!

Going by myself......I love Christmas and Disney and it's a heck of a lot better than not going at all!!:flower1:

Please feel free to post or pm me with any specific questions. I've learned so much from the Dis, :disrocks:
I love sharing my experiences. Which may not match others, but that's just one of the wonders of Disney! :wave:

I attended the Christmas Party last year solo. I had such a good time, I'm doing it again this year. I didn't spend much time riding rides. I was mainly interested in the shows and parades and fireworks. And the cookies, of coarse!! I've been going solo now for a few years and I still haven't quite gotten over my awkwardness with character meet and greets alone, but that's just my weirdness. So, I don't do a lot of those unless it's a favorite character. But, I just enjoy walking around and enjoying the atmosphere, performances, and the SNOW on Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter