• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving About The Dolphin

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
This will be our first visit to the Dolphin. I understand that it is a large hotel. I am pretty sure our rooms will be on the 8th floor, eastside, balcony, resort view (don't ask me how I know this - it is a VERY long story, lol:smooth: )

Anyway, I was wondering how to move about the hotel. I guess hot spots will be: the AK, MK, DD bus stop, the waterway, Pool, Restaurants. I think I understand that the waterway exit is on the first floor and the bus exit is on the 3rd floor which is the lobby area. I also believe that the pool exit is on the first floor.

I guess I wondering how many elevator banks/escalators and how to move about from the location that I will be at.

HELP!:)

P.S. The planning is almost as fun as the trip!

Yes, the Dolphin is a big resort, but once you get comfortable, you can find all kinds of little shortcuts. The first day might be confusing, but after that, it'll feel like home!

It's not any harder to navigate than any of the other WDW resorts!

We just stayed at the Dolphin on the East Wing, fifth floor, resort view. It's pretty easy to take an elevator to the lobby to get anywhere. We had a double stroller and tried to avoid the escalator when we had to go out the back door to the pool or the boat transportation. When we were going to the pool, we found it quicker to go over to the West Wing on the fifth floor (look for signs) and then down to the first floor. If you are taking the boats to Epcot or MGM, take the East Wing elevator all the way down to the first floor and then go outside through the door by the restaurant. You'll see the boat dock. The only problem I had was trying to go down to the first floor and getting from the East Wing to the West Wing. You can't do that.

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter