More Fun Than Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock-Adventures of the Sweet 16!New8-15

glad you could utilize my lessons learned...

we hit our ATL traffic on the way home about 30 miles out of the city, it was terrible.

on the way down not a problem for us though.

Whoa. Walmart sounds really crowded.

I think it's sweet that you always buy a stuffed animal. I used to do that but the last two trips I haven't. I plan to get one in October for sure. :thumbsup2

Sunday June 13
DHS Last day of Star Wars Weekend
May the Force be with us!!

We woke up early to be at DHS at opening. Today was the day my DH was really excited about. We ate bagels (bought at the crazy Walmart) in the room. The bus for DHS came pretty quickly. Our large group tended to break up into smaller groups during the day. The good thing about our TS meals was that it always brought everyone back together.

DSC07890.jpg

Oh, I forgot that before we left for DHS we all went to guest services to get our Park Hopper tickets and meal plan added. We had added an extra night before we left. So, Saturday night was a room only reservation. We had to get new Keys to the World for the rest of our trip. The transactions went smoothly. DH was able to trade some pins. He loved pin trading on this trip. He got me some really cool ones. I will share pics at the end of the TR of all of his finds.

DSC07892.jpg

So, on this day we began our day with me, DH, Jen, Bryan, Jack, Haley and Uncle Tim. The day was already pretty steamy. That is my nice way of saying so hot you want to attach ice packs to your body. We got into DHS and right away we could see the Stormtroppers and my DH's favorite character Boba Fett.
DSC07896.jpg

We finally were let into the park and they took us up to a rope where we waited another 15 minutes or so. Finally, they let us in. We split up and my memory is fuzzy here. I think Jen went to get fastpasses for TSM. Bryan went to get the kids signed up for Jedi Training and Tim, UT and I went to find Boba's Bounty the Star Wars store.
I snapped some pictures on the way.

DSC07911.jpg

DSC07909.jpg

DSC07908.jpg

I wanted to run through this water. It looked really cold and inviting.

We finally saw this:

DSC07912.jpg

One good thing about going on the last day of SWW was a lot of the merchandise was marked down 50% off. We shopped for a while and then Tim looks up and he said "I can't believe it! It is Jeremy Bullock". Now if you are not a SW fan or married to one like me you are probably saying "Who?". He is the actor who played Boba Fett (which as I stated above was my husband's favorite character). He was shopping with a special Disney guide. I think by this time Bryan came with the kids. He was excited to see him also. DH and UT were able to talk to him for a few minutes and he was very nice.
Here he is shopping with his VIP guide:

DSC07914.jpg

DSC07915.jpg

That was a special highlight of their week. DH made some purchases and we all headed out. Around this time I think we saw some SW characters. Bryan got in line with the kids to get pictures. Jen and I went in search of a good parade spot. It was super hot by this point so our ultimate goal was to find some shade. We were able to find a bench that had an umbrella on it.

In the next update:
SW Parade
A great place to get cool
Sci Fi Dine In[/SIZE][/COLOR]

glad you could utilize my lessons learned...

we hit our ATL traffic on the way home about 30 miles out of the city, it was terrible
on the way down not a problem for us though.

We hit Atlanta at 8 p.m. on a Sunday on the way back, so it was pretty smooth sailing.

Whoa. Walmart sounds really crowded.

I think it's sweet that you always buy a stuffed animal. I used to do that but the last two trips I haven't. I plan to get one in October for sure. :thumbsup2
I couldn't believe it when he told me how crowded it was! Yes, the kids love getting their "huggies," as Jack calls them. We didn't start it as a tradition, necessarily, but we've really come to enjoy it!

Great updates! We are leaving in 17 days to drive for the first time with two eight year olds...any last minute advice?
Do you own a DS and a DVD player???? :rotfl: Honestly, those saved our sanity a few times. I really wanted to listen to an audiobook as a family, but our kids' ages are a bit too skewed to do that easily. I also had more than enough goodies to give them whenever we stopped...I really don't have to buy stocking stuffers this year because I have so many extra! One of Haley and Jack's favorite treats was a little zippered pouch with a couple of dollars in it to spend at our next gas stop. They really got into picking their own things, and I made myself sit back and honestly let them pick what they wanted...as long as it didn't have caffeine in it! ;)

The way down was MUCH easier than the ride back up. We found $10 DS games at Walmart before we left and gave those to them after our first stop on our second day of driving home (the longer day). That ended up working out really well...we honestly didn't hear a peep out of Jack! And they both spent a lot of time playing with figures - Jack brought his Star Wars figures with him (and picked a few new ones up while we were there) and Haley ended up buying two different Polly Pocket-type sets while we were there and played with those. Hope this is helpful!

As Shelley mentioned, we were up and at ‘em early Sunday morning. There was a lot of excitement in our room – Star Wars Weekends was something my older two had been talking about for a long time (of course, their Dad had nothing to do with that…).

Before we could get out the door, however, my aunt knocked on the door to tell me that my mom was sick. :eek: She wasn’t sure what had happened, but apparently Mom had woken up nauseous and was in no shape to head to the park. Add this to the fact that my aunt was just now in the clear because she’d been taking antibiotics for strep throat for 48 hours now, and they were the room to avoid. Aunt Dee told me she would stay with my mom because they could both use the rest, and they’d try to meet us for our late lunch at Sci-Fi.

Ok, we were two people down. Then my MIL came over and offered to take Will. He was still sleeping, and she was worried about him keeping up with us as we ran around DHS looking for Star Wars people. That ended up being great – he had much more fun with them that morning at Epcot, and we were much more mobile as we toured in the fairly high crowds that day. So when we hit the bus, it was just us, Tim and Shelley, and UT.

After the show (nice pictures, Shelley) and rope drop, we made a beeline for the Sounds Dangerous attraction to get the kids into the Jedi Academy. We originally had thought we’d leave this until Friday, when we’d be back at DHS. But now I was going to be at the Keys to the Kingdom tour that day. Plus, we’d heard that you could sign up for a show today and avoid standing in line! So we went for it. I grabbed the kids and actually managed to get there first. Since we were already in line, I told Bryan to go ahead and go to the store (my DH loves to shop, especially for SW things!). We waited in line…thankfully, we got to some shade fairly quickly. It was getting hot! I was a little concerned about standing in line and then not getting a spot, especially since Haley was having a hard time adjusting to the heat and was very vocal about not wanting to stand there. But we got through, and ended up with two spots in the 4:15 show! The kids were excited!!

Then we headed to find the others…I knew they were in the store, but had no idea where that had been set up. I called Bry’s cell…no answer. We had that a lot this trip, because it was hard to hear your phone. I ended up putting it on vibrate later, but then I didn’t hear it if it was in my bag in the room, so I still missed calls. As we wandered, we saw a character meet and greet that had almost no line, so we jumped in and broke out the autograph books for the first time! For those of you who are not crazy about SW, this is Commander Cody, Obi-Wan Kenobi’s general in the Clone Wars cartoon (yes, when you live with it, you absorb some of it!).

P1000096.jpg

The kids were excited to see him. Then there was this cut-out that we just had to pose with…

P1000097.jpg

Nothing like a two-headed storm trooper!

Bryan called me back in the middle of the meet-n-greet and managed to get through to me the name of the store, so I was able to ask for directions. We headed to…

P1000098.jpg

…and promptly heard the story about Jeremy Bulloch…apparently we’d just missed him. Too cool! At this point, I left and got FP for TSM. I also was in search of sunscreen. We tend to put sunscreen on the kids on the bus ride to save time. Well, when I went to use the spray sunscreen I’d brought in my bag…it wouldn’t spray. We tried to collect the dribbles coming out to smear on the kids, but it wasn’t working. Several of the guys tried to take it apart and use it anyway, but it wasn’t working. So now I was going to have to buy sunscreen in the park before my kids fried in the sun. I knew it wouldn’t be cheap! When I eventually found it, I paid $14. Ouch! Another lesson learned: test the sunscreen before you leave the room!

After I got the fast passes, I sat outside the store exit and visited with the very friendly cast member there. We shared stories about people we’d seen in costumes around the park already, and how hot they must be on a day like today. When everyone came out, we headed over to where I’d seen people waiting for Boba and Jango Fett, as I knew the guys and the kids would want to see them. We saw this lady walking around, but she wasn’t willing to stand still for a line of people to take pictures with her.

P1000099.jpg

This is when Shelley and I decided to find a spot for the parade (and a snack, since our ADR was for 2:55). We tried a few different ones before finding a bench with an umbrella (technically, it wasn’t offering much shade at the moment, but we hoped it would as the sun moved. Tim and UT caught up with us, and eventually so did Bryan and the kids after they got Jango’s autograph.

P1000109-1.jpg

We got some snacks – smoothies, pretzels, and ice cream – as we waited, and befriended a guy next to us from Kentucky who was very friendly. As we waited, they started lining people up in front of us! So DH went to the line and sat down, along with UT, to get a prime spot for pictures and video. And as you can see from the pictures below, it was worth it! These are some of the best ones he took.

P1000119.jpg

P1000124.jpg

P1000126.jpg

P1000122.jpg

P1000175.jpg

P1000180.jpg

P1000173.jpg

P1000164.jpg

(continued on next post)

A few last parade pics...

P1000159.jpg

P1000179.jpg

P1000181.jpg

P1000174.jpg

P1000163.jpg

He got some great video, too. Meanwhile, we stayed back by the bench…along with several others who came along at the last minute. They kept bumping into us, which was really annoying. It got hard for the kids to see, so for a while, Tim put them up on a railing.

P1000101.jpg

About 1/3 of the way through the parade, though, someone told us we couldn’t have them up there. Tim put Jack on his shoulders, but Haley was content to just stand on the bench. Jack could see the people coming, and was shouting out the names of all of them. Someone standing next to Tim said Jack could’ve been an official announcer because he knew all of the characters!

At this point, I later found out, my mom and aunt had made it to the parks. This was the crowd they were facing...

P1000100.jpg

So my aunt knew they wouldn’t get any good pictures, but as they walked, she put her camera up and tried to get a few shots. It turns out, she passed right by us. In this pictures, you can see the umbrella we were standing on, and Jack’s bright blue hat as he’s up on Tim’s shoulders. You can also see Bryan sitting on the ground in his floppy hat taking pictures using his monopod. We laughed when we saw this one!

IMG_0860.jpg

Mom was better, but still feeling pretty woozy. They went in search of an air-conditioned attraction, unbeknownst to us, and we decided to do the same as the parade ended. We went over to the Magic of Disney Animation and joined the next drawing class. We drew Daisy, and we all ended up with decent pictures! This was a first for my little family (Tim and Shelley had done it before, and really enjoyed it). It was a great respite from the heat! I don’t have any pictures of the drawing class itself (got any, Shelley?) but afterwards we saw Frozone and Mr. Incredible, and had to stop to get a few shots.

We still had time before our ADR…what did we do? Stay tuned to find out!

You all are very brave to conquer those crowds! :scared1:

How neat that they were able to meet an actor! That must have been such a thrill for them. :thumbsup2

How neat that they were able to meet an actor! That must have been such a thrill for them. :thumbsup2

They were so excited to meet them! You can see the look of excitement on their faces in that picture of Tim and UT! DH couldn't believe they could just walk up and talk to him when people had stood in line for hours before the park opened just to see him!

The crowds were nutty, but we knew they would be. The goal on this day was SWW. Everything else could wait for the other day we had planned here. But you'll see later that we did get a few things done!

Do you own a DS and a DVD player???? :rotfl: Hope this is helpful!

We don't have a DS- I have considered packing the Wii for the ride home. :rotfl: I just have to figure out how to rig the sensor bar. We do have a DVD player. I like the idea of giving them money to buy stuff in the gas stations. Candy, candy and more candy...not too worried about it. Soon, they will have to have expanders and won't be able to have the sticky stuff they love. I will have to figure out some items for the ride home.

Shelly, Tim must still be so excited about meeting Jeremy Bulloch!

Great pictures of the parade. I plan on having my daughters watch the Star War movies before we go. I better get on that soon!;)

I love that you have pics of your gang watching the parade. :laughing:

Sorry part of the party wasn't well. I hope it doesn't become a problem for anyone else and Mom enjoyed herself anyway.

Deb

i enjoyed your pics of the parade, we skipped the parade on our day in there because there were so many people already waiting to watch it we got lunch instead during it, which worked out great, cause then when it was over everyone watching got lunch and we had hte park.

:thumbsup2 but we did see the block party bash parade later in the day

just found your trip report - going back to read and catch up! Sheldon rules in our house! The heat in Florida can be unreal - I went last summer with my two DSs end of June into first week of July, thought I was literally melting:rotfl: Very interested to see how you all did with such a big group!

That Big Bang Theory title sucked me right in (sorta like a black hole......no, that would be Glenn's TR)! :laughing: How could I resist. Signing on, then I'll go back and get caught up!

He was so excited! The crowds were nuts! Just wait until you see my view!

Shelly, Tim must still be so excited about meeting Jeremy Bulloch!

Great pictures of the parade. I plan on having my daughters watch the Star War movies before we go. I better get on that soon!;)

I love that you have pics of your gang watching the parade. :laughing:

Sorry part of the party wasn't well. I hope it doesn't become a problem for anyone else and Mom enjoyed herself anyway.

Deb
I was so excited for him. It made his day!!

i enjoyed your pics of the parade, we skipped the parade on our day in there because there were so many people already waiting to watch it we got lunch instead during it, which worked out great, cause then when it was over everyone watching got lunch and we had hte park.

:thumbsup2 but we did see the block party bash parade later in the day
We saw a little bit of the Block Party Bash. The crowds were pretty crazy. I almost got ran over by a stroller several times.

just found your trip report - going back to read and catch up! Sheldon rules in our house! The heat in Florida can be unreal - I went last summer with my two DSs end of June into first week of July, thought I was literally melting:rotfl: Very interested to see how you all did with such a big group!

Welcome!! We are big Sheldon fans here too. The heat is relentless! We have some very memorable moments that is for sure!

That Big Bang Theory title sucked me right in (sorta like a black hole......no, that would be Glenn's TR)! :laughing: How could I resist. Signing on, then I'll go back and get caught up!

Welcome! Big Bang Theory rules! Glad to have you along!

The crowds were pretty crazy. I almost got ran over by a stroller several times.

sorry about that, i find that just knicking the backs of there shoes a little will clear them out of your way or at least cause them to lean to the side while walking to look back and give you that opening you need to whiz right on by, and leave them in your dust

it has not made its way into our report yet, but pretty soon candi passes her PMS onto me at Epcot.

if you read my other reports, it is referenced in there as well.

but her PMS is the "people manuevering skills" when she is leaving the parks and dodges in and out of people to make our way out much faster.

it causes some people to turn there head and look at you when you say

" way to go hunny great PMS on that one"

When I last left off, Jen and I had found a bench with an umbrella. The guys and kids caught up with us and we had a snack. Tim and I had a frozen lemonade and a frozen blue raspberry drink. We spent the time before the parade trying to stay as cool as possible. Here is Jack waiting:

DSC07926.jpg

He cracks me up! Right before the parade started a massive amount of people moved up in front of us. Bryan and UT moved up to the front so they could take pictures. We couldn't see as much behind the crowd. I was glad that Tim held Jack up so he could see. He was so excited to see all of the characters together. He and Haley are really good at knowing the names of everyone (much better than I am).
DSC07931.jpg

After the parade we REALLY needed to go someplace cool. So, we headed over to the character animation area. Tim and I have done this several times and it is one of our favorite things to do at DHS. We had to wait for the next showing but it gave us time to sit in the AC for a while. Once we got inside we were able to draw Daisy. Tim and I have drawn Donald and Tigger on previous trips so I was glad to get someone new.
DSC07955.jpg

That was such a nice, cool, calm activity to do after the parade. When we were finished the kids got some pictures with the characters. I walked down to see where Lotso the new Toy Story character was. He is suppose to be strawberry scented. The cool thing was the room where he was smelled like strawberries.

Tim and I needed a snack. It was still two hours from our ADR and we needed something to keep us going. So, we got one of these:

DSC07956.jpg

It was a good pick me up. Jack and Haley tried on some hats.

DSC07959.jpg

DSC07960.jpg

The kids and Bryan and Jen were able to get some more character pictures done. UT, Tim and I explored a little and took some pictures. We met back up in time to have lunch at the Sci Fi Dine In.

DSC07993.jpg

This was probably our craziest meal for a variety of reasons. Jack and Haley weren't thrilled with the as they called them "scary" movies playing. I think they like the cute concession stand cartoons though. There was a lot going on with our other diners too. I will say that our shakes were good. Here is the cookies and cream:
DSC07997.jpg

Some people in our party weren't feeling good and had to leave early during the meal. Jack and Haley were signed up for the Jedi Training and they had to leave to make it on time. The food was good but, I don't think anyone finished it. We took our desserts to go. The Celebration cheesecake was very good as a snack later. Tim and I headed back to the resort. We went swimming and later that night we all met up and had dinner at the food court. I had the pizza and Tim had the chili cheese hot dog. They were both good.

Up next:
Epcot Futureworld
Chef Mickey's
Summer Nightastic Fireworks

sorry about that, i find that just knicking the backs of there shoes a little will clear them out of your way or at least cause them to lean to the side while walking to look back and give you that opening you need to whiz right on by, and leave them in your dust

it has not made its way into our report yet, but pretty soon candi passes her PMS onto me at Epcot.

if you read my other reports, it is referenced in there as well.

but her PMS is the "people manuevering skills" when she is leaving the parks and dodges in and out of people to make our way out much faster.

it causes some people to turn there head and look at you when you say

" way to go hunny great PMS on that one"

PMS, I love it!:rotfl: We usually don't do the day time parades so we can avoid some of the crowds and take advantage of the somewhat emptier park. Since this was a special thing we all took one for the team and toughed it out. Even getting almost ran over by a stroller in the process. I am going to share your PMS story with DH. :laughing:

very nice, update, did you have any pictures from your drawing, i have never seen daisy drawn before.

very nice, update, did you have any pictures from your drawing, i have never seen daisy drawn before.

I will have to get a picture to post. The animator said that they had just drawn Bolt the class before ours. She also said that they always draw Scrooge McDuck on tax day.

joining in! Can't wait to hear about all the adventures and like the different perspectives!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter