More CP Questions

kandeebunny

DIS Veteran
I'm going in to my senior year and looking at doing the CP (something fun before I head to Grad school) but I have a few concerns and reservations. I was actually scheduled to have a CP meeting in Boston Sept. 12, 2001 but due to the attacks the city had been closed. Every trip to Disney I have talked to more CP students, who said it was so worth doing.

My major concern is that I do have a physical disability, and have medical limitations on how much I can work/stand/etc. Are they willing to work with this or will I have to work the normal 40 hour work week?

I also have dietary restrictions, as I have a wheat/gluten allergy, and have to be very careful what I eat and how my food is prepared as well as what cleaning supplies/lotions/detergents/shampoos/etc I use and come in to contact with. Again I don't know how meals work so would this be able to be worked out?

Any insights would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Meals while you're at work can either come from one of the cast cafeterias (you may be able to work with the cafeteria management to ensure food choices that you could eat), or you can bring your own food. As far as meals outside of work hours, you're basically on your own, so you're free to prepare whatever you want.

kandeebunny - You would want to talk to the recruiter at your presentation about your physical limitations.

As far as eating goes though, I would actually suggest preparing your own lunches. You save a lot of money by doing this.

I figured out out, for my own lunch, it cost me somewhere around a dollar per lunch, versus the $3-5 a Caf. lunch might be ( or $7 for Subway @ MK!).

Hi! as you can see by my sig, I am an ex-CPer. I also have a physical disability, and I didn't have any problems. I agree with TSR6, definately talk to your recruiter. Disney is very accomadating. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Thanks! I e-mailed them as my school wasn't listed, and the nearest presentation is about 2 1/2 hours from me. Hopefully I'll make it to it when I get back from vacation, if not I wonder if I can go to one while on vacation!!!

Thanks for the info everyone!

kandeebunny said:
Thanks! I e-mailed them as my school wasn't listed, and the nearest presentation is about 2 1/2 hours from me. Hopefully I'll make it to it when I get back from vacation, if not I wonder if I can go to one while on vacation!!!

Thanks for the info everyone!

actually, if I did my math right (might wanna dubble check this), it looks like from your ticker that they are offering a presentation at WDW while on your vaction. Its on April the 16th at 9:30am at the Casting Building (its listed on the presentation calander under the state of Florida). So you may be in luck :)

I will actually be going to that presentation! Dragging mom along too I do believe. At least to talk to a recruiter. Mom wants me to wait another year because my health hasn't been the best lately, but she keeps forgetting that next fall I will be a senior!!!

One more question! How long does the presentation run? Since we will be on vacation when I go to the presentation I want to be able to tell my step bro and step mom what time I will meet them!

Thanks!

the presentation itself runs about an hour (give or take 15mins), and the interview can go on for about 10mins or so (all depending on group size of the interview). And also you have to factor in how many interviews are before you... so I would say maybe around 2 hours????

You rock! Thats just what I needed to know, I'll be driving myself over and forcing them to take SoG transit and throw a change of clothes in the car for myself.

Aside from my printed application is there anything I need to be bringing with me? Writing sample? Resume? List/letters of reference?

Since this is my vaca I won't be able to print anything so I want to make sure I have it all before I go!

Thanks again!

Letters of ref. aren't necessary. A resume wsould be a nice touch, but it isn't required, unless you apply for an AI...

Good luck!

kandeebunny said:
One more question! How long does the presentation run? Since we will be on vacation when I go to the presentation I want to be able to tell my step bro and step mom what time I will meet them!

Thanks!
you know, you can go the semester directly after you graduate. As long as you were in school the semester previous, you're eligible for the program. I know because 2 of my roomates had just graduated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter