Moonlight Magic is BACK!

Glad tp hear they've seemingly patched up the issues from the first event, but I'm confused about something:

Can someone explain how some people are attending tonight's event after attending the 3/17 event? I thought you could only attend one event per park.. Are you able to get around this by being a guest the second time?

We have family at MM tonight and around 9:45 they were in the Land. About 500 high school boys came in, being led by cast members with red lights. They went to Soarin'. When our family asked a cast member about them, the CM said it was a private school that had booked a private event and they were doing MM stuff. All they saw was the group going into Soarin' and they haven't seen them since.

Did anybody else see them? Just wondering how a private event was booked at the same time as MM. As a DVCer that was unable to get MM tickets for tonight before it was cut off, I'm very, very curious!

We had a few groups pass by in the frozen line around 9:30. The line for pain and panic plus other villains was pretty long and they were out of Mickey bars by 10:30…. The vouchers for snacks were fun though….

We had a few groups pass by in the frozen line around 9:30. The line for pain and panic plus other villains was pretty long and they were out of Mickey bars by 10:30…. The vouchers for snacks were fun though….
Hmm we just had a Mickey bar over by test track at 12:30 - they were also filling popcorn buckets still and had sodas water etc you could still get with vouchers or purchase if wanted.

Glad tp hear they've seemingly patched up the issues from the first event, but I'm confused about something:

Can someone explain how some people are attending tonight's event after attending the 3/17 event? I thought you could only attend one event per park.. Are you able to get around this by being a guest the second time?

I feel like that's gotta be it, right?

Yes if you were someones guest you could go again. They don't know or care who the member brings. You just can't book twice on your own membership.

Hmm we just had a Mickey bar over by test track at 12:30 - they were also filling popcorn buckets still and had sodas water etc you could still get with vouchers or purchase if wanted.

They must have restocked! That’s the stand we tried. Glad to hear they got more.

You are allowed to book one event per membership but can certainly attend as a guest of another member. Or, people own more than one membership and have gotten around it that way as well. For example, I have 3 and most likely could book tickets on each one as they are now all eligible for membership perks.

It makes me feel better, as I was getting flack for mentioning that I am going to try to attend the last HS MM and the first AK MM, as they are 12 days apart. I did hear on the DIS DVC show Paul Krieger say that he and his wife were going last night as guests, after going on March 17th.

It makes me feel better, as I was getting flack for mentioning that I am going to try to attend the last HS MM and the first AK MM, as they are 12 days apart. I did hear on the DIS DVC show Paul Krieger say that he and his wife were going last night as guests, after going on March 17th.
Yea, did a double take when I saw Paul posting that he was there again, then I starting thinking that they don't care who your guests are, so that has to be the way around it. Makes sense

If Moonlight Magic events are included in Disney’s updated meet and greet guidelines, I’ll assume that lines will be longer. I hope then that Disney assigns photopass photographers to these events.

I think I messed up - I grabbed July 14 for the HS MM before the early invite cutoff at RIV in a premium 1Br (all that was available close to HS) - but ouch the points! So I waitlisted Boardwalk with the replace option. Waitlist came thru (yeah) but I ended up with a different reservation number - so now I’m not sure what’ll happen…
Booking already opened for DHS MM?

No. I check the moonlight Magic page on the DVC website daily and just checked it. It will be posted there. I don’t expect it before the middle of April at the earliest. The first of 3 Moonlight Magic Hollywood Studios events is May 24. They have to do 2 reservation days; one for Disney hotel guests and one for non guests. I would expect the first reservation to take place the last week of April and the second one the first week of May. Just guessing, using the timeframe set with the Epcot reservation dates.

We got ours at like 6:30 and have been open since so staying relatively small- the maple popcorn the longest but so yummy! And Rose and Crown will be open till 1am serving drinks!
Boy do I wish I had signed up for the second one. Sounds like they learned from the disasters of the first one.

We have family at MM tonight and around 9:45 they were in the Land. About 500 high school boys came in, being led by cast members with red lights. They went to Soarin'. When our family asked a cast member about them, the CM said it was a private school that had booked a private event and they were doing MM stuff. All they saw was the group going into Soarin' and they haven't seen them since.

Did anybody else see them? Just wondering how a private event was booked at the same time as MM. As a DVCer that was unable to get MM tickets for tonight before it was cut off, I'm very, very curious!
We went on Soarin at 9:00 and we’re going to quickly ride again and that huge group went in. Very disappointing!

facebook twitter