Monsters Inc Laugh Floor -- How to be "That Guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My niece (9 at the time) was DYING to get picked for something in the show, made me go to it four times in a short 3 day trip. LOL On our last visit to Monsters Inc. we sat down in our seats and I looked up and said, "OMG you're on the screen!" LOL They had her picture with "She doesn't know where she is." written underneath. The two of us busted out laughing and she still talks about how much fun it was.

Forgot to mention, we were seated in the middle, all the way to the left of the theatre by the exit.

We almost always have one of us picked for something. I think it is because we have small kids who are VERY eager!

My DD was picked to participate after her BBB appt. My DS was up on the screen just because he was so cute. :) DH has DS on his lap last Aug and they picked him as a 2 headed monster and called DH the 'Big Head'...:lmao:

We are normally sitting close to the isle in the middle. I think it makes it easy to get to you with the mike. This is easily one of our favorites!!! :goodvibes

J

Oh ack, me too. They had me do the "guess what number" bit. First they talked about our shirts, we were all wearing Mickey head tie-dye shirts (they widened the screen to show my whole family).. how I messed up the laundry, must have been too frazzled with so many kids. Then they did the number thing. Then they tried to get me to yodel. I had such stage fright, it was HORRIBLE. I was on screen *forever*. I would gladly take being That Guy over being put on the spot and having to actually participate! Honestly, I don't think I'll ever do that show again, just out of fear of being picked.. and I thought the rest of it was funny.

I feel the same way. I actually started reading this thread in hopes that I would get tips on how to AVOID being picked.

Oct 08- "that guy" was in a little more than half way back, and had you been standing facing the back of the theater like you were on stage, he was on the left. The woman who got picked for the psychic monster was pretty much dead center.

I was picked as the psychic monster lady several years ago and was also center of the theater, at or close to the end of the bench in front of a lamp. So much fun.

At the old "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" show DD & her cousin, then 8 & 9 years old, were both wearing pink shirts and ponytails. They were shown on the big screens and the Host said "Look, its Mary Kate & Ashley". They are 12 and 13 now and still talk about it.

I saw an app for this. It had all the seats that get picked during the show. I can not remember if it was foursquare or not!

I will keep looking and when I find it I will let the boards know. I will not post it. I will request a pm for the answer! So not to spoil the secret!!

My personal favorite joke about "that guy":

(in response to seeing a couple kiss)

That's really gross. Wanna see something else really gross? THAT GUY!

("that guy" appears on screen)

I wasn't "that guy" but I did get zoomed in on and asked to tell a joke. No lamp near me (I had deliberately avoided the lamps). Unfortunately, I'm a person you don't want to highlight. Stage fright big time, couldn't think of a joke at all. Bumbled my way through an old knock-knock joke and it landed with a thud. Of all the people they could have picked, it should never have been me. :)

You might not make it past the MK bag check with the bug glasses. Once I was behind someone at DHS bag check and the security officer pulled some bug glasses out of a bag, set them aside and said, "I believe these are ours."

Awkward... :rolleyes:
That happened to me my first trip at the DHS bag check. A friend I was with liked 3D glasses, so he kept them from Philharmagic and ITTBAB. I was the one with the backpack, so I had them and they took them. Had no idea until then that it was mandatory to return them.

1) Be a guy.
2) Sit somewhere in the front, right hand side. I'd say perhaps one of the first two rows.
3) Don't look like you want it too much - they want to pick someone who doesn't expect it.

Sorry, my dh was chosen in April and we were a little past midway toward the back on the left side - don't remember seeing any lamps there. We were totally shocked.

So people think its ok to steal the 3D glasses? Sickening... :rolleyes2

Seriously? Is that in response to what I said? Do you think if I thought it was stealing I would have kept them in my bag going through security? It's an honest mistake. A first timer sees it as a cheap thing to keep instead of throwing away. You have to be a real overly judgmental jerk to not see it as just an honest mistake.

How ridiculously overdramatic can you be? Sickening? Really? THAT is sickening?

my DH was just saying recently how every time we've ever been in this attraction, he's been chosen as either "That Guy" or "Sully" - every time!

we've sat all over the theater: front, middle, back, with a "lamp" in front and not near a lamp at all

guess DH just "looks" like what they're looking for...

he has long long black curly hair (sometimes braided) with a long ZZ Top beard, dark glasses, baseball cap, grumpy expression - typicial biker look

and every time, there he is, up on the screen at some point!

it's quite funny....

I wasn't "that guy" but I did get zoomed in on and asked to tell a joke. No lamp near me (I had deliberately avoided the lamps). Unfortunately, I'm a person you don't want to highlight. Stage fright big time, couldn't think of a joke at all. Bumbled my way through an old knock-knock joke and it landed with a thud. Of all the people they could have picked, it should never have been me. :)

Don't feel bad. This May we were at the show and like you I wanted to avoid the cameras. All of a sudden there I was on screen! I had a look of total shock, didn't know where to look and just wanted the whole thing to be over. I was asked a geography question about my home state and was so nervous that I barely got out answer. My husband and kids were laughing hysterically...I wanted to kill them! I used to love this show but now I really don't even want to go back.

So people think its ok to steal the 3D glasses? Sickening... :rolleyes2

:confused3Not a word that comes to mind for me, in reference to taking the 3D glasses. :3dglasses
Not the smartest move? Okay.
Mischevious sticky fingers? Probably.
Sickening? I'd reserve that for some of the other recent threads here.

But, of course that's just my humble opinion.

My husband was "that guy" on our last trip. We were on the isle in the middle about 10 rows back. He had on what I would call a fishing hat... the one with the wide brim that you can snap up on the side. It was hillarious! We had never been there before and had no idea what to expect. I wish you could get a shirt too... I still have his sticker though. I'm going to scrapbook it! Good luck!

OMG! Me too! I have been to that attraction a total of 5 times, and been picked twice! Once for the joke and most recently for a psychic monster. I hate it! I swear I'm never going again for fear of being picked again! :scared:

I don't remember about lamps, but I think both times I was picked I sat near the end of a row, closest to the center aisle.

My DH was that guy and he wanted it sooo bad!!! :goodvibes I told him to go in and look like he doesn't want to be there. So he sat down (can't remember where we were sitting) with him slumping in his seat with his arms crossed over his chest and sure enough...That Guy:lmao: He is a very unassuming "normal" looking guy...he was sooo Happy:thumbsup2 I think it would be awesome if they gave you a voucher to purchase a "I was That Guy" shirt...then only That Guy"s could get it and it wouldn't lose it's magic. The sticker is proudly displayed on his guitar case :cool1:

I've been chosen as "That Guy.". It has nothing to do with the lamp seats and is chosen at random. If you're off (far) to one side or the other, you won't be chosen. Most audience participation comes near the center aisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter