or doing something to catch their attention? :confused3

Here are a few things I thought of...

1. wear your sunglasses indoors :smooth:
2. yawn and stretch :dogdance:
3. stare at the ceiling :rolleyes:
4. pretend to read a book :angel:
5. wear a really unusual ears hat :earsboy:
6. wear an ipod and silently lip-synch along with the song :music:

I'm sure all of these things and more have been tried, though. ;)

OMG! I'm scared to death to be "that guy". I can barely go in that attraction with the rest of my family for fear they will pick me (can you say EXTREME stagefright).

Anyway, when we were there "that guy" was about 2/3 back near the center like the others said.

truthfully where you sit really doesn't have any bearing unless it's a speaking role in which case the CM with the mic needs to get to you.

the cameras are capable of panning the entire audience and then some.

LOL first off, you are so awesome for wanting to be "THAT GUY" SO BAD!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes
I really hope that WDW makes your dream come true! ive always had such funny "that guy" 's in my showings of monsters inc! you will totally have to let us all know if your dream becomes a reality!!! :wizard:

My DH was the "guy who buys everyone churros" and we were sitting about 2/3 of the way back on the left side of the room. "That guy" was sitting close to the front on the right side.

:rotfl: :rotfl: the guy who buys everyone churros!! i forgot all about that "that guy"!!! :laughing:

My husband was "that guy" and is sitting across the den from me. I asked him and on his clear authority, he says in order to be chosen you must be devilishly handsome, exude charissma and have a special "it" factor that no one else in the room can compete with, (and a stunningly beautiful wife - I added that in myself but I think it helped)

PS we were sitting on the right hand side of the theater about 2 or three rows back and all wearing matching holiday tshirts that may have caused us to be noticed.

Oct 08- "that guy" was in a little more than half way back, and had you been standing facing the back of the theater like you were on stage, he was on the left. The woman who got picked for the psychic monster was pretty much dead center.

OMG! I'm scared to death to be "that guy". I can barely go in that attraction with the rest of my family for fear they will pick me (can you say EXTREME stagefright).

I used to be like that, until 3 trips ago at DHS when I inadvertantly became part of one of the Streetmosphere skits. Once i realised i was "Stuck" i hammed it up and had a GREAT time.. I loved it!! :)

LOL first off, you are so awesome for wanting to be "THAT GUY" SO BAD!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes
I really hope that WDW makes your dream come true! ive always had such funny "that guy" 's in my showings of monsters inc! you will totally have to let us all know if your dream becomes a reality!!! :wizard:

I will definetly report when i come back.. but that will be in like..2 months :scared1: I can barely wait!!!

My husband was "that guy" and is sitting across the den from me. I asked him and on his clear authority, he says in order to be chosen you must be devilishly handsome, exude charissma and have a special "it" factor that no one else in the room can compete with, (and a stunningly beautiful wife - I added that in myself but I think it helped)
QUOTE]

Hey thats ME 100%!!!!

Oct 08- "that guy" was in a little more than half way back, and had you been standing facing the back of the theater like you were on stage, he was on the left. The woman who got picked for the psychic monster was pretty much dead center.

I keep seeing the reference to stage right 2/3rds back ... so.. i will aim for that direction!!! :yay:

We went twice during our trip and both times "that guy" was sitting in the 2nd row on the right side somewhere in the middle-left of the row. I was tempted to sit there the 2nd time we went but then I thought what were the odds. I guess the odds were really good that week and my guess is that's where "that guy" will get picked 9/10 times. 1st time the monster comedians had a lot of fun with "that guy" and it was hilarious, 2nd time not so much the guy wasn't really into it.

Also on the 1st time a lady was wearing a bag where the strap goes over the chest and the comedian made fun of her for wearing her seat belt. I almost died laughing :rotfl:

My hubby was picked as the Churro Guy on our trip in May. Too bad he wasn't picked as the Dancing Guy though...the guy who was picked wouldn't get up and dance but my hubby would have jumped up and boogied! LOL

I thought about it :) the thing is my Mother in Law called me "That Guy" for the the entire time I dated her daughter.even when i was in the room. She never refered to me by name until the day we got married ;)

As she will be with us... i thought it woudl be so funny :)

How about a shirt that says "My Mother-in-Law calls me "That Guy". You can too!" :)

My son loves this show. I can not tell you how many times we have sat through the show over and over. When its the end of the night or extra magic hours and its not filling up every show the CMs let us stay with out exiting and reentering. I think one time we did 6 shows in a row LOL

As for "That Guy", at times we will cross paths "that guy" from a show we have seen that same day. When ever this happens we point and say with enthusiasm "It's That Guy" normally "That Guy" and his family/friends laugh :) I bet a lot of others do this too :)

With a story like "my mother in law called me THAT GUY, even when I was in the room, for years, until I married her daughter," I would see if I could discreetly slip away from the family while on line, and talk to one of the CM's, Disney makes magic happen all the time, they might just be able to arrange things for you.

The one time i was there, I was sitting next to 'that guy'. So everytime he was on the screen so was I. It was pretty neat. The guy did enjoy himself.

Has anybody had any luck getting picked by looking a little different,
or doing something to catch their attention? :confused3

Here are a few things I thought of...

1. wear your sunglasses indoors :smooth:
2. yawn and stretch :dogdance:
3. stare at the ceiling :rolleyes:
4. pretend to read a book :angel:
5. wear a really unusual ears hat :earsboy:
6. wear an ipod and silently lip-synch along with the song :music:

I'm sure all of these things and more have been tried, though. ;)

Also talking/texting on your cell phone during the show is another good way to get up on screen. At one of the shows we went to a woman was on her phone. The entire show. And she was oblivious when she was put up on the screen. When she finally noticed, she was really embarrassed and closed her phone. But not too embarrassed to start up on her phone again when the camera went off her. Sure enough, she was back up on that screen again!

I was "That Guy" once. Totally random, I was just a middle aged tourist dude. I was about 2/3's of the way back near the center.

Yes, thats about where I was too. Every time I go I want to be That Guy again. I have some BUBBA TEETH and Mr. MAGOO glasses I want to where if I get picked again. :lmao:

They seem to pick the person who does not want to be picked. My husband was picked and he was very embarrassed. So now when we go in he tries to hide in the back. Since every time we have been in there they pick the quy who looks least like he wants to be picked and he knows that is him. :rotfl:

My first and only trip to disney so far and I was "that guy" as well. I was sitting at the end of a row towards the middle and wasn't expecting it at all. I wore my "I was That Guy" sticker proudly for the rest of the day! :thumbsup2

My first and only trip to disney so far and I was "that guy" as well. I was sitting at the end of a row towards the middle and wasn't expecting it at all. I wore my "I was That Guy" sticker proudly for the rest of the day! :thumbsup2

I didn't know they give you a sticker! Cool! :thumbsup2
I hope you took a picture wearing the sticker, outside the attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter