Monsters Inc Laugh Floor -- How to be "That Guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need some time to set up the video and the captions, right? So I think getting in the theatre with the first wave would help.
The second time we went to the show, I kept saying to my DH in the preshow area "we're sitting way in the corner in the back so I don't get on camera!" We were right at the doors so we'd be the first ones in. I mean, I really didn't want to get on camera. So when the audience was still getting seated whose picture goes right up on the TV's? Yes, me and my DH with the caption, "Mr. and Mrs. Invisible!" I swear they heard/ saw me out in the preshow area. It actually was a lot of fun because that was the one & only time we were shown.

My boyfriend has been "That Guy" twice! He is not a huge fan of Disney, especially the Magic Kingdom(he is a thrill ride guy, gets bored very easily). So, even though he tries really hard to pretend that he loves it for me, he sometimes can't escape that bored,exhausted look! haha That being said, both times he has been that guy, coincidentally, we have sat closer to the front on the right side. And honestly he just looks like he is bored or really tired! :lmao: But he did get a sticker the last time we were there that said something about him being "That Guy!!" All day we had people coming up to us and saying hey.. It's "That Guy!" We all got a real kick out of it, and my younger brother felt like he was with a celebrity all day!! :rotfl2:

Hope your dream comes true! pixiedust:

My DNiece7 (at the time) was put on screen and asked at what age she was allowed to get a tattoo. (Her face was painted!) It was a fun experience! We'll see That Guy on Sunday! :dance3:

in Dec 2008 I was picked as 'that guy' We were on the front row to the right hand side. Not sure if this helped or not but I was wearing a red santa hat as I wanted to have a blast at being in WDW during Christmas time. My DD was wearing a pink santa hat the had princess written across it. She got tons of camera time and jokes on her as well during the whole show. One of the jokes was 'thinks she's a princess but is really daddy's little monster'..

My DH was picked as the "invisible monster"
He took his head and put it under his shirt and they said...
"We said "invisble" not "headless" LOL
Love that show

They need some time to set up the video and the captions, right? So I think getting in the theatre with the first wave would help.
The second time we went to the show, I kept saying to my DH in the preshow area "we're sitting way in the corner in the back so I don't get on camera!" We were right at the doors so we'd be the first ones in. I mean, I really didn't want to get on camera. So when the audience was still getting seated whose picture goes right up on the TV's? Yes, me and my DH with the caption, "Mr. and Mrs. Invisible!" I swear they heard/ saw me out in the preshow area. It actually was a lot of fun because that was the one & only time we were shown.

Hmmm, interesting! Probably means that they are watching the preshow crowd from the control room and figuring out who to pick on! :magnify::listen:

With a story like "my mother in law called me THAT GUY, even when I was in the room, for years, until I married her daughter," I would see if I could discreetly slip away from the family while on line, and talk to one of the CM's, Disney makes magic happen all the time, they might just be able to arrange things for you.

Based on OP story - I have an even better suggestion...have your DW go off to a CM, and have HER tell that story....but have her tell how you don't really want to be "that guy", but it would be so funny to your whole family. Or better yet, have her tell them you've never seen the show, so you would really be surprised to be declared "that guy" in a room full of people. Then, you would be the reluctant "that guy" that seems to be favored. Of course, Disney wouldn't know that you WANTED to be "that guy". Just don't talk about it in line.

Or, you could try the PP way if you don't want to fib, it may work. I SOOO much wanted to be in the Indiana Jones Stunt Show for my birthday this past December, and the nice CM at the entrance made it happen!

We've never been up on the screen but we did text in a joke once that was picked. (I totally wouldn't mind being "that guy" though.)

My dad was "that guy" and we were nowhere near the front. In fact, I think we were about 2/3 back. And everytime I've gone, it's been some middle-aged or senior man. They like to make fun of the old guys!!:thumbsup2

We sat in the front row because my grandmother was in a wheelchair so there was no light in front of us to have been chosen and my grandpa was picked as "that guy" he nodded off the sleep as soon as he sat down and had no idea throughout the entire show until the end when everyone was clapping and he got the sticker. My grandmother and I tried to explain to him and he just laughed. A bunch of little kids as we walked out went up to him saying hey your "that guy" it was pretty funny.

Sorry to be clueless on this topic, but what is "That Guy"??? Can someone fill me in please.
It sounds like something I would love to do/be.

Thanks,

Dan

Has anybody had any luck getting picked by looking a little different,
or doing something to catch their attention? :confused3

Here are a few things I thought of...

1. wear your sunglasses indoors :smooth:
2. yawn and stretch :dogdance:
3. stare at the ceiling :rolleyes:
4. pretend to read a book :angel:
5. wear a really unusual ears hat :earsboy:
6. wear an ipod and silently lip-synch along with the song :music:

I'm sure all of these things and more have been tried, though. ;)

I was the "will buy everyone churros" girl. It was during the FREEZING winter we had so I was bundled up as if I were going to the North Pole and had a pink beenie (sp?) on. My face flashed on the screen and they said "Hey look that girl has a pink sock on her head!!!" and later they said "the girl with the pink sock on her head is going to buy everyone churros!!"

The rest of the day people who were at that show asked where there churro was :rotfl:

I also was not expecting it at all, I am a really shy person. If you look like you are trying to get on I don't think you do because 95% of the time people look caught off guard

On our recent trip, I was "That Guy". I was seated in the third or fourth row, a few seats right of the center aisle. I was between my 5 year old daughter and 8 year old son, who were wearing "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" shirts.

We saw the show a couple more times, and it seemed like "That Guy" was always picked from that area.

My brother and his family joined us later in the trip so we intentionally sat in that area, and sure enough, my brother was "That Guy". This was later in the evening (after fireworks), so the show was pretty empty. I would guess that about 1/4 of the people in there got picked for something ("churro guy", "capitals", "jokes", "dancing", "number guessing", etc.)

If you really want picked (or are with someone you want picked), I would try that area near the front, right of center.

OMG! I'm scared to death to be "that guy". I can barely go in that attraction with the rest of my family for fear they will pick me (can you say EXTREME stagefright).

This was my DD30. We went in and she was almost having a nervous breakdown that they were going to focus the camera on her for something. She chatised me soundly because I am aware of her intense "social phobias" and I should have known better. :rolleyes1

I was "That Guy" once. Totally random, I was just a middle aged tourist dude. I was about 2/3's of the way back near the center.

Absolutely, my DH was that guy -- totally random.

I didn't know they give you a sticker! Cool! :thumbsup2
I hope you took a picture wearing the sticker, outside the attraction.

My husband was "that guy" about a year ago. He really wanted it, too, but was totally surprised when it happened. He was so excited with his sticker that we had to buy a Christmas ornament that day and put the sticker on the back for safe keeping. It was on the Christmas tree this year-- Tinkerbell on the front and "that guy" sticker on the back.

My husband was picked to be "That Guy"....and sure enough he was wearing the loudest, ugliest shirt and sunglasses in the building. His feet were killing him and I'm sure he had an exhausted look on his face. Sure enough he was picked. That really made him laugh and he was chipper the rest of the trip.

Then I was picked to do the number counting....it was horrible....the bright light shining on you and I couldn't remember if I was supposed to say something or not say something...It was the worst case of stage fright. Now I'm terrified to be picked again. :rotfl:

if there was a set of seats that the "guys" all originated from, there would probably be mobs descending upon those seats and fights over them.

My DH was "Sully". We were about 5 rows up, on right side. My DH is a big gruff looking guy, and he lit up when he caught himself on the big screen!:goodvibes He really hammed it up a bit!.My grandkids were so excited. My DSonIL was the "churro" guy.:goodvibes

Then I was picked to do the number counting....it was horrible....the bright light shining on you and I couldn't remember if I was supposed to say something or not say something...It was the worst case of stage fright. Now I'm terrified to be picked again. :rotfl:

Oh ack, me too. They had me do the "guess what number" bit. First they talked about our shirts, we were all wearing Mickey head tie-dye shirts (they widened the screen to show my whole family).. how I messed up the laundry, must have been too frazzled with so many kids. Then they did the number thing. Then they tried to get me to yodel. I had such stage fright, it was HORRIBLE. I was on screen *forever*. I would gladly take being That Guy over being put on the spot and having to actually participate! Honestly, I don't think I'll ever do that show again, just out of fear of being picked.. and I thought the rest of it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter