monorail question

mickey12810

Mouseketeer
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes. We were guests at the Polynesian in April. One morning when we were boarding the monorail my boys and my nephew wanted to sit up front with the driver. They were able to but when we approached the GF they were told that if someone from there wants to sit up front then they would have to get out. First is this true, and if so what makes the GF so special. Any comments? The boys were being very behaved. Ages 12,15 &16.
Thanks for any comments.

I have never heard of this before. I don't believe that anywhere in the resort benefits of the GF does it say "preferred seating on the monorail" This could have been a one time thing.
The GF is beautiful and it is a deluxe resort amoung the deluxe resorts. I just dont' think that the comment made is standard practice for the monorails. Maybe post in The TRANSPORTATION board... for more accurate answers.
I assume that you didn't have to move after all? and I hope they enjoyed the ride.

There are 3 or 4 trains that run the resort monorail route. Each train is associated with one of the resorts. That resort gets preference for sitting up front.

My recommendation is to wait for your resort's monorail. That way you won't risk getting booted out before you get to MK. All you have to do is ask the monorail attendant for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter