Mommy-Daughter PRINCESS Trip (BBB, CRT, Tea Party) Photos & VIDEO RECAP/HIGHLIGHTS

Your daughter is just too precious.

I am so sorry about your camera. Geezz..People are just so rude.

IMG_7697.jpg

I think this is the best picture so far :goodvibes ....she DEFINITELY looks like a princess princess: with everyone running around her to make it perfect!!!

And finally, the Big Reveal:

image628.jpg

I found your TR tonight.....it's wonderful and she is JUST PRECIOUS!!!!

Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Day 2: Little Ones Extra Magic Hour at Magic Kingdom

We decided to start our first day in the Parks off at the Magic Kingdom for the Special Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. We got up and ready and left our room by 7:10am, which I thought was rather impressive given our late nite the evening before.

We took our first lovely morning walk over the scenic bridge and garden paths from Jamaica over to Port Royale where the Food Court is located. This was such a lovely way to start the day!

We had a quick bite to eat at the Food Court, basically sharing an Adult sized Breakfast Platter. I was shocked at the portion sizes. In retrospect, we could have shared a child sized platter!!!

While I am not normally a picky eater, I did not find the food at the Food Court anything to rave about. It was edible and cheap and efficient and quick. That's about it!

After breakfast we made our way out to the bus depot just before 7:30am. Not 2 mins later the MK Bus arrives and took us right to the Magic Kingdom. We arrived right on schedule at about 7:50am. Overall the crowds were still fairly light and I was thrilled that we made it for park opening given the late nite the evening before!

Unfortunately, in DD's excitement of getting off the bus and skipping along the sidewalk to the turnstiles she ended up taking a spill just as the sidewalk slopes down a hill from the bus drop offs. She cut her knee rather badly and was starting to bleed and of course was crying up a storm!

I managed to carry her and our bags about 100 feet to the bag check and turnstiles, grabbed a stroller and then beelined it for the First Aid Station.

On my way up to First Aid (located up by Crystal Palace BTW!) I just had to snap a quick picture or two to capture how empty and serene Main Street was that morning! I loved seeing it with the Fall decorations, something new for me as I had only ever been to WDW in either May or July before.

CopyofIMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

While we ended up being one of the first 50 guests in the park that day, we ended up spending at least 10 mins at the First Aid Station having DD's knee cleaned up and bandaged.

The Nurse who attended to us that morning was Fantastic! She of course gave DD lots of stickers to amuse herself with while her wound was cleaned and also made us custom bandages to place inside our brand new Crocs in order to prevent blisters.

Eventually we made our way into Fantasy Land for the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour. Here are some great photos I took of DD with a number of characters there that morning:

IMG_7812.jpg

IMG_7815.jpg

Notice the skinned knee from earlier? Even in the presence of Ms. Minnie, I think for awhile DD was still distracted and in some pain from her earlier wipe out!

At first DD was a little shy to join the games already in session due to our late arrival following our First Aid pit stop. However, once she got in there she did really well and had a lot of fun. I thought these photos were priceless!

Playing Duck, Duck, Goose with Daisy and Minnie:

IMG_7810.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

CopyofIMG_7808.jpg

We then made our way over to Peter Pan and Wendy and played a game or two there.

IMG_7824.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

At this point DD was done with the games and wanted to go on a ride. She chose Cinderella's Golden Carrousel and was adament about choosing her very own horse.

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_7819.jpg

By this time it was about 8:40am and the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour was almost over. Our Park choice that day was Epcot so we left Fantasy Land and the Magic Kingdom and hopped on a monorail (and then another) before arriving at Epcot shortly after Park opening.

As we had been here before just 4 months earlier, we obviously did not intend to do every single ride. After all, the main point of the trip was to recapture lost photos and I am not someone who generally takes pictures on rides. So we hopped on Soarin with virtually no line and then immediately made our way to the Character Greeting Spot which we had missed entirely on our May Trip.

Standing in Line with our New Crocs:

IMG_7829.jpg

Goofy!

IMG_7842.jpg

IMG_7844.jpg

Chip 'N Dale:

image698.jpg

IMG_7840.jpg

Pluto:

IMG_7830.jpg

Minnie:

image677.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

And...Meeting the Big Guy Himself!

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7828.jpg

I was so pleased with this location. Although we waited at least 20-30 mins (even at about 9:30 in the morning!) once we got to the head of the line we moved from character to character without any further wait. Therefore the wait time was completely justified in my opinion.

After this we spent an incredibly long amount of time in line at Test Track due to a malfunction. If I had known how long it was going to take I never would have waited but I kept thinking, "It should be any minute now!" Lesson learned! Had everything been working properly it likely would have been a 10 minute wait.

By then it was time for World Showcase to open so we began to make our way over there.

you got great pics now. :thumbsup2

glad her knee wasn't too bad.

Just found your report. Your daughter is beautiful. I am so glad the two of you were able to go back and 'recapture' some of those lost photos. I can't wait to read and see more.

:goodvibes

Lovin' the trip report so far and your DD is beautiful (as are her clothes!!)!!! Can't wait to read more!!

What a great TR so far!!! So sorry about your camera, but it brought you and your DD back to the world for a wonderful trip!

Your DD's BBB photos are priceless! What a darling she is and her expression is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing them!

Can I ask you, where did you view the Electrical Water Parade and Wishes from? I know you were at the Poly somewhere, but where exactly ( if you can remember please)? Do you know if you can view the EWP from the Grand Floridian? We have ressies for the dinner at Park Fare one night and I would to see the EWP after we eat. Perhaps it would be better for us to head over to the Poly for the show!

Can't wait to read your next installment!

Suz

I am loving your trip report. Thank you for linking me. I'm so sorry about your camera. I had the exact same thing happen to me, not at Disney, but my dd's first Christmas pictures were on it. I called the rental car company back in total tears. I said, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Quite frankly I don't care about the camera, it's the memory card I want. My daughters first Christmas pictures are on there. He put me on hold, came back and said they found the memory card, but no camera. I don't know where the camera went, I was just glad I had my pictures.

I booked 1900 park Fare for dinner. Thank you for the pictures. They made my decision easy!

Your dd is beautiful! I love her Mickey top.......if you're interested in selling, please pm me.

Can you tell me more about the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour? I've never heard of that.

Thanks so much!

Basically, we just walked out to the pool area at the Poly and the Beach starts literally at the end of the pool. You can't miss it!

I thought it was the best spot to view the Fireworks, and I had also heard in advance that the Poly had the best chance of a simultaneous viewing of both the Parade and the EWP which worked out really well for us.

After hearing some fairly negative reviews of the EWP (along the lines of it being so pathetic that WDW should just retire it), I wasn't overly concerned about fitting it into our schedule. Boy, was I glad I did! I thought it was great. Very nostalgic. But then again, I am a total "Classic" Disney fan.

What a great TR so far!!! So sorry about your camera, but it brought you and your DD back to the world for a wonderful trip!

Your DD's BBB photos are priceless! What a darling she is and her expression is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing them!

Can I ask you, where did you view the Electrical Water Parade and Wishes from? I know you were at the Poly somewhere, but where exactly ( if you can remember please)? Do you know if you can view the EWP from the Grand Floridian? We have ressies for the dinner at Park Fare one night and I would to see the EWP after we eat. Perhaps it would be better for us to head over to the Poly for the show!

Can't wait to read your next installment!

Suz

I have enjoyed your TR very much! I too am planning on a special "Mommy and Me" trip with my 3 yo DD. Like you we are leaving other family behind ( a DH and 2 siblings) and I was very concerned about the whole idea of doing not an entire family trip. BUT I am so looking forward to having this special experience with my DD, and not rushing to ride the big rides, and soaking up ambience, like in your pictures of your DD on the beach watching the nighttime H2O parade!!!! Any other special ideas for Mommy and Me not to miss?

I'm looking forward to snuggling in bed, and giggles and girly girl experiences!!

I am loving your TR. I did the same thing with my DD this past September. I not only took DD, but also took my DM with me. That made 3 generations storming the world. I just loved the Little Magic Hours. DD was able to ride with a variety of characters.

The LOEMH is something Disney puts on for Pre-Schoolers in Sept and Oct. during the so-called hurricane season. All the characters come out and play with the kids from 8-9am on select days. It was a nice special treat for us on this trip.

Can you tell me more about the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour? I've never heard of that.

Thanks so much!

Yes, I have plenty other special Mommy/Daughter moments yet to come! Stay tuned!

I have enjoyed your TR very much! I too am planning on a special "Mommy and Me" trip with my 3 yo DD. Like you we are leaving other family behind ( a DH and 2 siblings) and I was very concerned about the whole idea of doing not an entire family trip. BUT I am so looking forward to having this special experience with my DD, and not rushing to ride the big rides, and soaking up ambience, like in your pictures of your DD on the beach watching the nighttime H2O parade!!!! Any other special ideas for Mommy and Me not to miss?

I'm looking forward to snuggling in bed, and giggles and girly girl experiences!!

great pictures. DD looks sooo cute and I see her hair stayed in the classic princess style for the next day. I'm assuming you made her shirt and bow?? Both were soooo cute. I'm looking forward to seeing homemade creations every day and wishing my mom or I knew how to make them lol.

can't wait to read more!!

I had the exact same thing happen to me, not at Disney, but my dd's first Christmas pictures were on it. I called the rental car company back in total tears. I said, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Quite frankly I don't care about the camera, it's the memory card I want. My daughters first Christmas pictures are on there. He put me on hold, came back and said they found the memory card, but no camera. I don't know where the camera went, I was just glad I had my pictures./QUOTE]

Thank goodness you got those pictures back but how mysterious is that, that he put you on hold and found your memory card but not your camera. Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Lovin' your TR so far. The pictures with your DD playing games with the characters are great. Too bad it's only in Sept and Oct, we;re going in Nov, oh well you can't win them all, right?

Laura:flower3:

DAY 2 - CONTINUATION OF OUR MORNING IN EPCOT

After we finished up a quick visit in Future World it was almost 11am and time for World Showcase to open.

Normally we always start in Mexico and hit the two rides at the first two pavillions, but since we didn't have much time today in Epcot as we were doing the Halloween Party, we decided to start out at "Home", i.e. Canada.

The new Canadian film had just recently launched and I wanted to ensure that we fit this into the schedule. Obviously we did not get a chance to see this in May.

As we left Test Track and began to make our way to the Canadian Pavillion I was so very proud of DD who immediately recognized the Canadian buildings from our last visit in May.

We walked around outside the beautiful gardens and I snapped some pictures of DD with the waterfalls in the background.

IMG_7845.jpg

Nothing like going to another Country to take photos of Canadian scenery - ha, ha!

We then went inside to take a break from the hot sun and wait for the next showing of the new documentary film, O Canada. While waiting the CM asked a lot of Canadian trivia questions and then asked whether anyone in the audience was from Canada. DD got a real kick out of being in the spotlight and for the very first time we were the only Canadians in the audience!

Although I was hoping that the recent renovation would have added some type of bench seating (as in Norway), no such luck!

While there is no doubt that the new film is far better than its predecessor, overall I left a little disappointed as there are many areas of Canada simply not shown in the movie. While obviously you can't do justice to every region in the country in such a short film, I did feel that certain regions were particularly slighted. Although I am not from there, I think Prince Edward Island was completely overlooked and it is one of the most prominent international tourist draws in the country - can you say Anne of Green Gables?

Oh well. At least it beats that outdated 1970s film footage anyday!

After bidding "farewell" to "...our Home and Native Land", we then headed onwards to the UK.

IMG_7847.jpg

We were lucky to arrive just as Mary Poppins and Pooh and the Gang were coming out for photos:

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_7872.jpg

IMG_7878.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

Then we hopped over to France and did some shopping. France is my favourite place to shop in all of Disney!

While here we ran into another familiar face:

IMG_7848.jpg

And again in German we caught up with more friends:

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

IMG_7863.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7866.jpg

By now our tummys were rumbling and it was time to head over to Norway for our Princess Lunch at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. Stay tuned for more Princesses!!!

I was quite surprised that DD's BBB hair stayed in place overnite to allow us to wear it the next day. The only reason we did this was because we were attending the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party the day after her BBB appointment and once again she would be wearing her Princess dress.

And I also must confess: None of the custom outfits being modelled by DD were my creations. I only shopped for them on ebay!

great pictures. DD looks sooo cute and I see her hair stayed in the classic princess style for the next day. I'm assuming you made her shirt and bow?? Both were soooo cute. I'm looking forward to seeing homemade creations every day and wishing my mom or I knew how to make them lol.

can't wait to read more!!

Great pics! I love all the shots with characters....you met so many in a short amount of time! :thumbsup2

DAY 2 - PRINCESS LUNCH AT AKERSHUS ROYAL BANQUET HALL

Remember when I said that despite the last minute nature of this trip, with some flexibility in our schedules we managed to secure all of the dining reservations that we wanted? Well this one was certainly high on the list of our most wanted ADRs.

We had such a fantastic experience here with our family in May with respect to both the service and the food. It was no exception this time around.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the time that I wanted - ideally 11:45am or so. I believe our reservation time was around 1:15 -1:30pm - during the peak lunchtime dining hour.

On our last trip in May when we arrived at 11:40am for our 11:45am reservation the place was packed and unfortunately we were outside in the hot sun waiting at least 10-15 minutes before we were called inside. This time we were outside for more like 20 minutes before we were called. In the HOT sun. Very tired and cranky.

However, once we were inside those doors and the feel of cold air conditioning, the smell of delicious food, and the sight of lovely Princesses washed over us, we returned to our Happy Place!

Before we were seated we had a chance to pose for a picture with Belle. On our last visit in May it had been Princess Aurora who greeted us at the door for our first photo so it was nice for some variety.

IMG_7849.jpg

Of course we were both hoping that it would have been DD's favourite Princess, Ariel, as she had not been present at the meal on our last visit in May, but no such luck! Maybe DD shows a bit of this disappointment in the photo - LOL!

After our photo we were shown to our seats. Our server arrived immediately to take drink orders and then took our orders. While we were invited to visit the Salad/appetizer Buffet at any time, at any of these Character Buffets I am always so hesitant to leave my seat for fear that the moment I do so the characters will arrive!

Sure enough, no sooner had our drinks been delivered and orders taken the first of the Princesses started coming around to the tables. Needless to say, I stayed put!

Our first visit was with Princess Jasmine, who coincidentally was the same Princess who we had met first in May. During our May Trip, Princess Jasmine had the routine down-pat. She had a little spiel down pat and was quick and efficient in posing for pictures and signing autographs. Perhaps a little too quick. She quickly left those coming behind her in the dust! This Jasmine spent a bit more time talking at the table.

IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

Next up was Cinderella. By now Cinderella was almost a member of the family. After all, we had dined with her no less than 6 occasions in the past 4 months!

IMG_7858.jpg

Next came Princess Aurora, another very familiar face:

IMG_7853.jpg

Finally, after I was sure that Princess Ariel would not be making an appearance, she arrives! DD was soooo excited! She kept watching Ariel as she made her way around the tables until finally she arrived at ours.

Unfortunately, Princess Ariel spent the least amount of time at our table than any of the other Princesses. And she was the only Princess who we had never met before.

Although we had planned to meet Ariel in her Grotto during our May Trip, the line up to do so was over an hour in the hot sun. With a 2 year old son in tow, this was obviously impossible! This was DD's biggest disappointment on our May Trip and she sent constant reminders before our September Trip that on our First Day at the Magic Kingdom we would be at Ariel's Grotto when it opened!

While DD didn't seem too disappointed that Ariel left so abruptly, I certainly was. In fact, Ariel left so quickly she had to be called back to our table just to sign our Autograph Book! I did tell DD that Ariel had a lot of other little girls to meet that day who would not be able to see her the following morning at her Grotto.

Fortunately, I think the picture that we took with Princess Ariel was the best of any of the Princesses. This Ariel looked amazing and she certainly knew how to pose for the camera!

IMG_7851.jpg

As for the food, as mentioned earlier, I think it is Fantastic here! Both times we attended we came for Lunch and both times it was great. During our May Trip my Mother ordered the stew which looked fantastic so I knew what to order this time! It was wonderful! In May I had the fish which was good but not like the stew.

For dessert they bring out a wonderful sampler platter for the table to share which I think is such a great thing (except if you are dining with people with whom you wouldn't care to eat off the same plate!) All three desserts on the platter were great and between the two of us, we finished almost every piece.

After Lunch, we left for CBR to get changed and cleaned up for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Without a doubt this was the Best Experience of our Whole Trip. Stay tuned as that is up Next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter