Mommy-Daughter PRINCESS Trip (BBB, CRT, Tea Party) Photos & VIDEO RECAP/HIGHLIGHTS

Thanks everyone for following along and for your kind words.

Honestly without this forum I would have no audience for my Disney enthusiasm! My love of the Mouse is not shared by anyone I know with the exception of my 2 and 4 year olds!:rotfl:

what a great update. the pics of the parade are fantastic. I say good for you for staying. she was sleeping and it did not bother her and you got to see what u wanted. both of u won.
:thumbsup2

Another great update! The pics are great and makes me want to plan a trip to Disney during Halloween!

Honestly, I have every intention of getting back to Disney within a couple of years specifically for this Event. And I WILL be in Costume!:thumbsup2

(PS - I think I recognize you from the disboutique thread that I started. Mine you I haven't been over there in ages!)

Another great update! The pics are great and makes me want to plan a trip to Disney during Halloween!

Yes, I am from the disboutique thread! I love that thread and wow has it taken off!!!!!!!! I started posting to that thread a several pages after you started it and I am still there now! Thanks for starting that thread!!!

I just found your report and am loving it! I've done a few mother/daughter trips and they are just the best. Our first one was in 2005 when Samantha was five and that was probably the most magical. It was all new to her and she was definately really into the princesses and the magic of everything. Don't get me wrong - she still loves Disney but there is somthing about that age that is just priceless! :lovestruc

Love the BBB pictures - the reveal pic is so great! princess:

I love the EWP also - I guess I am a "classic" Disney person as well. We stayed at the Poly a few times in the 70's (as a kid) and I haven't been back since - will have to try that (at least to watch the EWP and Wishes).

So great that you got to watch the MNSSHP fireworks and parade while your DD slept! We missed them both because Sam was just too tired and cranky. Maybe I should have gotten a stroller. ;)

Can't wait for more!

Michelle - I actually read both of your TRs and loved them! Sam is such a cutie!

I just found your report and am loving it! I've done a few mother/daughter trips and they are just the best. Our first one was in 2005 when Samantha was five and that was probably the most magical. It was all new to her and she was definately really into the princesses and the magic of everything. Don't get me wrong - she still loves Disney but there is somthing about that age that is just priceless! :lovestruc

Love the BBB pictures - the reveal pic is so great! princess:

I love the EWP also - I guess I am a "classic" Disney person as well. We stayed at the Poly a few times in the 70's (as a kid) and I haven't been back since - will have to try that (at least to watch the EWP and Wishes).

So great that you got to watch the MNSSHP fireworks and parade while your DD slept! We missed them both because Sam was just too tired and cranky. Maybe I should have gotten a stroller. ;)

Can't wait for more!

Hi, I just wanted to de-lurk and say that I am really enjoying your trip report. I would love to take a mother-daughter trip too. What a great idea :) Minus the stolen camera of course :rolleyes1

DAY 3: FIRST FULL DAY AT MAGIC KINGDOM, INCLUDING BREAKFAST AT CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE

Our First Full Day at the Magic Kingdom started with an 8:05 am reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table.

Let it be known that miracles do happen - I secured this reservation just days before our Trip!

After two jam packed days, including the late night the evening before, I was a bit apprehensive with our Early Morning Breakfast with Cinderella. I think I was up half the night worried that we would sleep through the resevation!

We got up at 6:30am and very quickly got ready and headed out for the bus stop by 7:20am. We made good time and arrived at the gates by 7:45 - 7:50am - perfect timing!

Finally, after arriving at the Park in plenty of time for our 8:05am reservation, I was able to relax and get ready for a great day.

We got off the bus and walked to the turnstiles with a spring in our step. At the gates there was a special line forming for all of the people like us with Early Morning Dining Reservations which allowed us to get into the Park before Park Opening at 9am.

Just as we were standing in line behind about 10 other families waiting for them to start letting everyone with Early Morning Dining Reservations into the Park it hit me - I did not have our Park Passes!!!

After frantically searching all pockets and every one of the million pouches and pockets on my Baggallini, I finally realized that I had likely left the Passes in my pants pocket from the evening before at the Halloween Party.

Obviously by this point there was no way that I could return to CBR to get the passes without missing our Dining Reservation with Cinderella.

With fright setting in, I stepped out of line and made my way over to Guest Services. In no time they were able to look up our Park Passes online as they were linked in the system to our reservations. They then issued us duplicate passes for the day - Whew!

By this point it was about 7:55am and they had started to let the people with Early Morning Dining Resevations into the Park. Once again we had the privilege of getting into the Park while it was largely deserted. What a great feeling!

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7981.jpg

CopyofIMG_7982.jpg

CopyofIMG_7984.jpg

CopyofIMG_7986.jpg

CopyofIMG_7987.jpg

And looking back down Main Street towards the Park Entrance:

CopyofIMG_7985.jpg

We eventually made our way up Main Street and to the Castle where we checked in for our reservation. In time time we were then ushered inside where we waited in a line to pose for our pictures with Cinderella.

While I was in line, DD took the opportunity to rest on a couch in the foyer. I think she was still a little groggy from the late nite!

IMG_7989.jpg

image1029.jpg

CopyofIMG_7992.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_7999.jpg

During our May Trip, we had also dined at the Castle with the whole Family for Dinner and loved it. While I have read many mixed (and negative) reviews of the place, I thought that the food and service was excellent both times we went. Plus, the atmosphere of being inside the Castle is like nothing else! Cinderella's Royal Table remains my most favourite Dining experiences at WDW.

While I am not a food picture-taker, the hot Breakfast Platter was really great, and a little different than your standard "eggs and bacon" fare. In addition to srambled eggs and bacon, you get French Toast and some delicious pastries that are to-die-for. DD & I both enjoyed them! They also provide a "Healthy Choice" breakfast option with granola and yogurt.

When we were there for Dinner, I had the Prime Rib. I thought it was excellent and I am a true Prime Rib lover.

During Breakfast, all of the Princess characters come to visit you at your table to sign autographs and pose for pictures.

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8007.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8014.jpg

For Supper, there are no character visits, only a song and dance performed by the Fairy Godmother and the Mice.

During both Meals, the kids receive either a wand (Supper) or some wishing stars (Breakfast) and have a brief participatory role in a little song near the end of the meal.

During the Meals, your server will also come around to provide you with a complimentary photograph in a nice keepsake from the picture with Cinderella at the entrance to the Castle.

Personally, I think that the Castle Dining Experience is one not to be missed, especially if you have young children.

At the end of our Meal, we made our way downstairs just as it was almost approaching 9am. We waited inside the Castle Walkway at the Entrance to Fantasyland in front of the rope with about 8 other families.

Stay tuned - Rope Drop to the start of our Day in the Magic Kingdom is up next!

Thanks everyone for following along and for your kind words.

Honestly without this forum I would have no audience for my Disney enthusiasm! My love of the Mouse is not shared by anyone I know with the exception of my 2 and 4 year olds!:rotfl:

I know this feeling!!
Loved your CRT update and review. I agree as I have only had excellent food and service at CRT. Love the pics of your DD. I love the outfit too. Do you sell on ebay?

Love your update - great pics of the castle and CRT. We had dinner there last year and also had a great time. Love your DD's outfit for the day! :)

Yes, I do love eBay! That's where we obtained most of DD's outfits for this Trip!

I know this feeling!!
Loved your CRT update and review. I agree as I have only had excellent food and service at CRT. Love the pics of your DD. I love the outfit too. Do you sell on ebay?

OMG VERYYYY CUTE PICTURES!!!!

I look forward to your daily posts!! Very cute outfit, gotta love Ebay!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Another great update. I LOVE YOU Pics of the parade. Glad you got to enjoy the fireworks and parade (and that shopping). Can't wait to hear more.

great update and pics. :thumbsup2 I love early admission.

DAY 2 (CON'T): ROPE DROP AT MAGIC KINGDOM

To have already experienced a Magical Breakfast inside the Castle when the rope drop occurred was great!

Rope Drop is always exciting. I always marvel at how a little DIsney Magic can do wonders - even though I am not generally a morning person I am always raring to go in the mornings at WDW. It completely changes my outlook on this time of day!

So there we were, standing at the Castle Walkway Rope Drop, literally well ahead of the masses at the Magic Kingdom main Rope Drop.

Now Ariel's Grotto was our First Priority of the Day. We had missed this entirely on our May Trip due to the long waits and of course Ariel just happened to be DD's Favourite Princess.

That said, the Grotto didn't open until 10am. Therefore we had almost an hour after Park Opening to do some other things.

I had been debating for awhile what our first Priority would be at Rope Drop. It was coming down to Dumbo (quite honestly, not the most amazing ride, just the longest line up!), or to go to Tink's Treasures to wake up Tinkerbell.

We had never tried to wake up Tinkerbell before and after hearing on the Disboards how much of a challenge it was becoming to be the first person into the Shop each morning for the privilege to do so, I found myself caught up in the hype and decided that this would be our first destination.

As I didn't want to disappoint DD if we did not make it in time I chose not to tell her what was awaiting us.

Finally, the CM we were standing beside dropped the rope and the 8 or so other families we were standing beside took off for their destinations and we took off for ours. No one, including us, was even walking fast let alone running. What a difference to the main Rope Drop which can be almost a stampede at times!

We kind of causally sauntered over to Tink's Treasures. To be honest, it isn't identified on the Park Map and I had not scouted it out the day before to know exactly where it was located. However, I found it easily enough and walked in with DD.

When we arrived, we were the first ones inside. There were about 2 or 3 CMs inside who greeted us. No one offered to allow DD the chance to wake Tink so I told DD she should ask. Just as she was starting to open her mouth, another family burst in the door who had obviously been racing at a flat out pace from the main Rope Drop. The mother quickly looked at us standing at the front cash and let out a deep groan.

Before I could volunteer to allow this family the chance to wake Tink with us, the CM asked if everyone (meaning all of the children - by this point about 4 of them) wanted to wake Tink. Of course, they all did.

The CMs then handed all the children the special wands and they all took turns tapping the box to "wake" Tink.

IMG_8019_edited-1.jpg

IMG_8018.jpg

After every child had their chance to tap the box, the CMs turned on the magical pixie dust lighting in the store, which was supposed to represent Tink flying around the store.

The whole experience was pretty brief and to be honest, a bit anti-climatic. The specialness of this experience was somewhat lost on both me and DD. The longest part was waiting for the CM's to prepare the certificate given to each child indicating that they had woken up Tink on September 29, 2007.

By the time we got out of there it was probably 9:10 - 9:15am and by this point the line up for Dumbo was already at least 20-25 families deep.

While I guess I would always have wondered what we were missing if we had not experienced Waking Up Tink ourselves, I can guarantee that unless I had an Annual Pass and made many trips to the MK, I would not waste my time again at Park Opening on this event.

Of course I had at least a 15 - 20 minute wait in line at Dumbo to kick myself for not making a beeline to this ride instead of taking the Tink detour. I figure we could have ridden Dumbo twice before we even got to the head of the line if we had come here first.:confused3

IMG_8023.jpg

IMG_8021.jpg

After riding Dumbo it was about 9:35 am and we made our way over to the Washrooms by Ariel's Grotto. DD had a special outfit which she wanted to wear to meet Ariel so we did a quick outfit change and then went to get in line. Surprisingly, even 20 minutes before Ariel's Grotto was even scheduled to open, there were already about 10 children in line!

As it was still early and not too hot, the wait in the line up outside for Ariel was not too bad. And of course, DD was more excited for this than anything else that we had done at WDW.

IMG_8024.jpg

Finally, it was our turn to meet Ariel. This Ariel was simply made for the part. In addition to looking just like Ariel, she had such a kind, pleasant demeanour and took such interest in all of the children.

image728-1.jpg

image726-1.jpg

image732-1.jpg

Of course Ariel noticed DD's outfit and complimented her on it right away. She also spent a considerable amount of time with not only DD but each and every child. Obviously that is what makes the line up so long, but also makes for such a pleasant experience when you get to the front of the line.

Ariel had a nice chat with DD and showed her how she uses her "fork" to brush her hair:

image730-1.jpg

Then we said our goodbyes and were off. DD was positively beaming! She was soooo happy!!!

IMG_8024.jpg

Up Next: Our Full Day of Fun and Adventure Continues at the Magic Kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter