Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

Awwww so much encouragement and well wishes - this is a great place to find words of support and happy thoughts. Almost makes me shed a tear!

Horray for Mickey mail! Makes the trip seem real and that much closer huh? :)

Wishing you all the best. I hope that you do well with your 2nd interview - that is so encouraging to be called back so quickly. You obviously made a good impression. :thumbsup2

As for your changes.... I really want to hear about your R&C dining experience and glad to see you saved Via Napoli. I'll review Brown Derby for Paula (smile4stamps) since I'm definitely keeping that one. ::yes::

Jabead - thanks for posting those yummy snack photos! Oh so many things yet to try and so little time! :laughing:

'k this made me spit my wine last night (sort of another fluid!). Too funny.

Second interview is Tuesday so I am cautiously optimistic!

I'm so glad I was again able to make you "spew forth" (so to speak ;)), especially since this time it was from laughter. :goodvibes It's a pity though about your wine loss, but at least it wasn't expensive Disney wine. ;)

And I will be sure to keep my fingers crossed for you next Tuesday and my wand loaded and ready with more pixie dust. :tinker:

Changes Changes!!

I'm glad you found a way to keep Via Nappoli but still wishing you were doing Brown Derby so I could see a recent review!!

Congrats on the job interview!

Good luck on the 2nd one tomorrow! :wizard:

I am a bit bummed about Brown Derby but as we have all said, you just can't eat everywhere! 2nd interview is actually Tuesday but thank you for the well wishes!

Subscribing. :love:Wishing you all the best and looking forward to reading all about it.

Thank you & welcome!

Awwww so much encouragement and well wishes - this is a great place to find words of support and happy thoughts. Almost makes me shed a tear!

Horray for Mickey mail! Makes the trip seem real and that much closer huh? :)

Wishing you all the best. I hope that you do well with your 2nd interview - that is so encouraging to be called back so quickly. You obviously made a good impression. :thumbsup2

As for your changes.... I really want to hear about your R&C dining experience and glad to see you saved Via Napoli. I'll review Brown Derby for Paula (smile4stamps) since I'm definitely keeping that one. ::yes::

Jabead - thanks for posting those yummy snack photos! Oh so many things yet to try and so little time! :laughing:

Your review of HBD is what made me really want to book it this trip. I kinda of wish DS wasn't so wedded to Trails End because I would swap that in a heartbeat! We'll see if I can work on him! ;)

We love R&C. It has always been one of our favorites and way back when I had it booked for our first full day. No idea what made me change it. But I feel that I have come to my senses and put it back! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad I was again able to make you "spew forth" (so to speak ;)), especially since this time it was from laughter. :goodvibes It's a pity though about your wine loss, but at least it wasn't expensive Disney wine. ;)

And I will be sure to keep my fingers crossed for you next Tuesday and my wand loaded and ready with more pixie dust. :tinker:

Thank you, Thank you for that pixie dust! I will take all I can get!

And yes, no wasting a drop of any expensive Disney wine! We actually did the wine & dine plan a few trips ago and had a $99 bottle of while at Artist Point! :scared1: Yes, it was really good ... but in our opinion not 10 times better than some very nice $10 - $12 bottles we can get here!

That's great about your second interview! Best of luck!

I have to agree being home is very dangerous when it comes to ADRs!!

Great news about the second interview :thumbsup2

Now, do as I have done, step away from the plan and laminate it so that you can make no more changes. :rotfl2:

I am a bit bummed about Brown Derby but as we have all said, you just can't eat everywhere! 2nd interview is actually Tuesday but thank you for the well wishes!

Sorry I thought it was only Monday when I posted that! My days are a little mixed up recently!!

That's great about your second interview! Best of luck!

I have to agree being home is very dangerous when it comes to ADRs!!

Great news about the second interview :thumbsup2

Now, do as I have done, step away from the plan and laminate it so that you can make no more changes. :rotfl2:

Sorry I thought it was only Monday when I posted that! My days are a little mixed up recently!!

Thank you all for the positive interview vibes! The waiting is the worst part!

Almost ready to laminate ... maybe ... :upsidedow

Hollywood Brown Derby is back in ... Mama Melrose is out. We had a really good meal there last year but I really want to go back to HBD. My men are tried of hearing about the changes and told me to do whatever I want so I didn't even consult them.

May cancel the Kona lunch and just snack around the MK that day since we do have to pay for a meal OOP at this point. Crazy, deluxe dining and still paying OOP for food! :crazy2: Curse those signature restaurants and their wonderful sounding menus! :rotfl2:

And I know I have said it before but I really do think this is the last change. I am really very happy with the many twists and turns my ADRs have taken to get here. I feel content. :cloud9:

When I saw your title regarding more changes, I was afraid you had read DonaldDoleWhip's latest review and had canceled your CA Grill reservation! :scared: So I rushed here to defend my (currently) favorite Disney restaurant. Needless to say, I was quite relieved to see that it was only Mama Melrose that had gotten the axe. :lmao:

As far as your current dilemma of being short one dining credit, I would have said that you could easily skip the Kona lunch and just do the snacking thing, since you have two other meals plus the Dessert Party that day. But then I remembered that your DS would not be dining with you at breakfast that morning. So now I'm thinking that if your 16 yr. old son is like mine, replacing a sit-down lunch that day with snacking might be a problem. ;)

Glad to see Brown Derby make it back in. :goodvibes Now go read my latest review so my diabolical plan will be complete... :stir:

Just kidding. :lmao: I only added that last line because of jabead's post above. It's just an opinion difference, no big deal (just like the hazelnut polenta cake at Tutto Italia/Gusto). And besides, we agree where it counts...Il Mulino :scared: :laughing:

Yeah for HBD being back in! I know you said your son wanted a waffle sandwich right? That would be a good choice for lunch that day and not to expensive for OOP. The rest of your "meal" could probably be snacks around MK!

Glad to see Brown Derby make it back in. :goodvibes Now go read my latest review so my diabolical plan will be complete... :stir:

Just kidding. :lmao: I only added that last line because of jabead's post above. It's just an opinion difference, no big deal (just like the hazelnut polenta cake at Tutto Italia/Gusto). And besides, we agree where it counts...Il Mulino :scared: :laughing:

Too funny, Donald! :lmao: And yes, we will have to agree to disagree when it comes to CA Grill, my friend. :rotfl:

But you really do underestimate the influence that you have around here. ;) I myself have been known to change a few ADRs based on your reviews. :rolleyes1 But now that I think about it though, you panning CA Grill in your latest review might actually work in my favor. :scratchin My next trip, it might not be so darn hard to get a reservation there without making it months in advance! :lmao:

Too funny, Donald! :lmao: And yes, we will have to agree to disagree when it comes to CA Grill, my friend. :rotfl:

But you really do underestimate the influence that you have around here. ;) I myself have been known to change a few ADRs based on your reviews. :rolleyes1 But now that I think about it though, you panning CA Grill in your latest review might actually work in my favor. :scratchin My next trip, it might not be so darn hard to get a reservation there without making it months in advance! :lmao:
Wow, that thought of "power" hasn't really occurred to me...I need to stop saying such nice things about Artist Point, Yachtsman, Jiko, and Narcoossee's! :eek:

Regarding Cali Grill, I know I could have a perfectly decent meal if I stuck to the cheese flatbread, tuna three ways, Sonoma goat cheese ravioli, and lava cake. However, when I choose some of the newer/seasonal dishes, I'm inherently taking a risk. I respect that Cali Grill still serves some very good food, but I'm hoping the 2013 refurbishment will change things up in a refreshing way. :)

To GoofySon'sMom - I also wish you the best of luck for your interview!

When I saw your title regarding more changes, I was afraid you had read DonaldDoleWhip's latest review and had canceled your CA Grill reservation! :scared: So I rushed here to defend my (currently) favorite Disney restaurant. Needless to say, I was quite relieved to see that it was only Mama Melrose that had gotten the axe. :lmao:

As far as your current dilemma of being short one dining credit, I would have said that you could easily skip the Kona lunch and just do the snacking thing, since you have two other meals plus the Dessert Party that day. But then I remembered that your DS would not be dining with you at breakfast that morning. So now I'm thinking that if your 16 yr. old son is like mine, replacing a sit-down lunch that day with snacking might be a problem. ;)

No, I would have a mutiny if I cancelled Cali! DS and I have had two wonderful meals there (one with DH). Currently we agree that if we could only eat one meal on Disney property, Cali would be it. For the view as much as the food. I love it there and am anxious to see what changes are made!

As for Kona, I am debating. DS will eat a full meal there, DH and I could split something. But snacking around the MK has its draw to us as well. My biggest concern with that is crowds. We may just want to get out of Dodge and into the A/C for a bit!

Even you cannot make me cancel Cali!

Yeah for HBD being back in! I know you said your son wanted a waffle sandwich right? That would be a good choice for lunch that day and not to expensive for OOP. The rest of your "meal" could probably be snacks around MK!

Yes, he plans to get one as soon as he meets us in the MK that day. I agree with the snacking. Just fearing the crowds and wanting a refuge!

Sending lots of pixiedust: for your interview!

Thank you, thank you!

Wow, that thought of "power" hasn't really occurred to me...I need to stop saying such nice things about Artist Point, Yachtsman, Jiko, and Narcoossee's! :eek:

Regarding Cali Grill, I know I could have a perfectly decent meal if I stuck to the cheese flatbread, tuna three ways, Sonoma goat cheese ravioli, and lava cake. However, when I choose some of the newer/seasonal dishes, I'm inherently taking a risk. I respect that Cali Grill still serves some very good food, but I'm hoping the 2013 refurbishment will change things up in a refreshing way. :)

To GoofySon'sMom - I also wish you the best of luck for your interview!

I would definitely have not eaten at Narcoossee's if it wasn't for your recent review. So yes, there is power. But I give that power to most of the reviewers here. I see a review that looks great and I jump on it. Rarely do I cancel something because of a bad review. Everyone can have an off day so if it is a place we have loved in the past, we still go. Or if it is a new place, we want to try it for ourselves. Then we cross if off our list despite positive reviews (Currently WCC and San Angel are banned but I am softening on San Angel).

Thank you for the well wishes! I just want to get it over with!

Crazy, deluxe dining and still paying OOP for food! :crazy2: Curse those signature restaurants and their wonderful sounding menus! :rotfl2:

My family is having this exact same problem! We have one more TS credit scheduled than our allotment, and I don't want to eliminate anything!!! We have decided to split some dishes at a few places (order 3 dishes for 4 people), which will hopefully allow us to save up enough credits to get us through that last extra lunch. I could also eliminate one of our lunches in favor of spending more time at BB...but which one?

My family is having this exact same problem! We have one more TS credit scheduled than our allotment, and I don't want to eliminate anything!!! We have decided to split some dishes at a few places (order 3 dishes for 4 people), which will hopefully allow us to save up enough credits to get us through that last extra lunch. I could also eliminate one of our lunches in favor of spending more time at BB...but which one?

Just popped over to look at your plans and yeah, I wouldn't know what to cancel either! Not sure sharing two meals among the 3 of us would work. DS usually eats his meal and part of mine! DH and I do not really have the same dining tastes. He would split something with me but it would mean that he didn't get what he really wanted, ya know? I don't really eat seafood or much fish and I want him to be able to order those things.

Good luck on your interview! I am glad HBD is in! I have an ADR for that and I can't wait for your review!

I am currently counting up our credits to ensure we use them all (we have Deluxe) They are not all TS, we have some counter in there as well, but its killing me using a credit for a kids CS and I am thinking of paying OOP for any CS kids meals and saving the credits - which to be honest we probably dont even need - but then again I could use any spares for room service.:rolleyes:

Good luck on your interview! I am glad HBD is in! I have an ADR for that and I can't wait for your review!

Thank you! And I am very happy I was able to add it back!

I am currently counting up our credits to ensure we use them all (we have Deluxe) They are not all TS, we have some counter in there as well, but its killing me using a credit for a kids CS and I am thinking of paying OOP for any CS kids meals and saving the credits - which to be honest we probably dont even need - but then again I could use any spares for room service.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I can see that using it for a kids CS would feel like a waste of a credit. But if you don't feel that you will use them all, then it doesn't matter. And yes, yes ... Room Service is nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter