Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

I am so sorry to hear about your job. We have flexitime where I work and we were all in bother last week as we all had too many hours banked and lost some. Our response to the bosses - okay, we'll just get up and walk away when we have too many hours but then you have no staff *** you laid them all off!

Aw, sorry to hear the news. I hope your Disney trip is still just as magical and that things turn around soon! :flower3:

Sorry to hear about the unemployment. I had that happen to me last year at the end of the school year. We didn't have a vacation, instead, I decided to schedule a surgery. Not the way I wanted to spend my summer but I got a permanent job with the school district this past September and I hope your unemployment doesn't even last as long as mine did. Well wishes to you on that front.

I started to read some of the start of your review a while ago & was just getting caught up now, I don't think I have commented yet. I'm getting all excited for you& your review only to read the crappy news. Just know I hope everything works out quickly for you. It has happened to 3 of my family members in 2 years time. I know how stressful it can be, so keep your chin up!!

Sounds like so much fun! I'm absolutely Disney crazy and would be soooooo sad if my husband ends up not being Disney crazy. The only guys I meet are at work these days and it seems like male models are a lot more interested in the gym than Disney *sigh* such a deal breaker :P

Thank you all for the good thoughts. I am really hoping that I look back on this 6 months from now and think that it is the best thing that could have happened to me ....

I'm so very sorry to hear your news! That Stinks! :sad1: Good attitude about moving forward with your plans. I agree, 6 months from now I hope you look back and see that brighter and better things happened because of this. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear that about your job. :sad2: I hope something better comes along for you very soon.

Please keep us posted.

I'm sorry to hear about your job. I'm sure your trip will still be wonderful and I hope the right opportunity comes along soon for you.

Ok, I will take one of each of these please! And would love to see the pics you may have from the other Parks! I didn't have breakfast this morning and am literally salivating!

GoofySon'sMom,

I came to your thread a few days ago to post some more pics, as you had requested. When I saw your "real life" update, my mood sobered and I decided not to proceed with my post. Now after thinking about this and seeing the positive, upbeat attitude which you have, I've decided to go ahead with this post regarding the possible uses for you snack credits. I hope that you understand that I am not trying to make light of your situation in any way. Instead, my intent is to try to bring the focus of your thread back to one of the positive aspects of your life...your upcoming Disney trip with your husband and son. :goodvibes

And so with that in mind, here is my response to your request.

To be honest, on past trips when we have been on the Dining Plan, we have had very few snack credits left after our visits to Epcot. Hmm...I wonder why? :lmao: But here are a few snacks that we have gotten at the other parks.

First up is Magic Kingdom, where I always must have one of these Main St. Bakery treats on every trip (whether on DP or not)...

ec7b7bdb.jpg

Then from Sleepy Hollow we were able to get these two yummy snacks using snack credits last year...

IMG_4890.jpg

At DHS, we found that the Writer's Shop is an excellent place to spend a few snack credits...

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

We used two of our credits for these...

IMG_4724.jpg

But of course if it's cupcakes you are craving while visiting DHS, then Starring Rolls is the place to go...

StarringRollsRedVelvetCupcake-1.jpg

But then again, when it comes to cupcakes I actually prefer the ones at the Boardwalk Bakery (which vary seasonally it seems)...

IMG_4632.jpg

BBCupcake.jpg

And as long as you are at the Boardwalk Bakery anyway, you might as well get some breakfast treats for the next day...

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

0d36c4af.jpg

Okay, that just leaves Animal Kingdom. I'm ashamed to say that for that park I have nothing. :worried: But I did find this ice cream treat in my old Disney trip scrapbooks and it's probably available at AK, as well as all of the other parks...

Scan0010-1.jpg

Or perhaps one of these for each hand...

Scan0009-1.jpg

And yes, a Mickey ice cream bar does help ease the pain of being a Cubs fan! :thumbsup2

I'm so very sorry to hear your news! That Stinks! :sad1: Good attitude about moving forward with your plans. I agree, 6 months from now I hope you look back and see that brighter and better things happened because of this. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry to hear that about your job. :sad2: I hope something better comes along for you very soon.

Please keep us posted.

I'm sorry to hear about your job. I'm sure your trip will still be wonderful and I hope the right opportunity comes along soon for you.

GoofySon'sMom,

I came to your thread a few days ago to post some more pics, as you had requested. When I saw your "real life" update, my mood sobered and I decided not to proceed with my post. Now after thinking about this and seeing the positive, upbeat attitude which you have, I've decided to go ahead with this post regarding the possible uses for you snack credits. I hope that you understand that I am not trying to make light of your situation in any way. Instead, my intent is to try to bring the focus of your thread back to one of the positive aspects of your life...your upcoming Disney trip with your husband and son. :goodvibes

And so with that in mind, here is my response to your request.

Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts!!

Jabead, you almost made me do what I have not let anyone do yet ... cry. Thank you for your kind sentiment. I am Ok. I was not on Saturday. Was better yesterday and now today I am Ok. I actually had an interview today and just got a call asking when I will be available this week for a second one. This would be a really good opportunity so continued pixie dust is appreciated!

And my Mickey Mail came today so how can it not be a happy day! :cool1::cool1:

Now I am going back to read about those snacks!

ok and now I am drooling on my laptop! Oh, those cupcakes! :love: Truly making it my mission to try as many as possible this trip! ::yes::

Just came home from a weekend away to read both your sad, and now promising, news. Wow, I have been on a emotional rollercoaster the past 5 minutes! I can only imagine how difficult the past few days have been for you!

When times are tough it is hard to keep this in mind, but please remember that things happen for a reason, and everything will work out as it is supposed to. Have faith!! :hug:

Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts!!

Jabead, you almost made me do what I have not let anyone do yet ... cry. Thank you for your kind sentiment. I am Ok. I was not on Saturday. Was better yesterday and now today I am Ok. I actually had an interview today and just got a call asking when I will be available this week for a second one. This would be a really good opportunity so continued pixie dust is appreciated!

And my Mickey Mail came today so how can it not be a happy day! :cool1::cool1:

Now I am going back to read about those snacks!

ok and now I am drooling on my laptop! Oh, those cupcakes! :love: Truly making it my mission to try as many as possible this trip! ::yes::

That is great news! It sounds very promising since they called you back for a second interview so soon after your first one. :thumbsup2 And for that second interview, I do hereby bestow upon you an extra large sprinkling of pixie dust! :tinker:

Oh, and I hope the drooling made up for almost making you cry. Because if I'm going to cause you to lose bodily fluids, I'd much rather it be drool. :lmao:

Just came home from a weekend away to read both your sad, and now promising, news. Wow, I have been on a emotional rollercoaster the past 5 minutes! I can only imagine how difficult the past few days have been for you!

When times are tough it is hard to keep this in mind, but please remember that things happen for a reason, and everything will work out as it is supposed to. Have faith!! :hug:

Yes, ma'am...I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. I know this is going to ultimately be a good thing for me.

That is great news! It sounds very promising since they called you back for a second interview so soon after your first one. :thumbsup2 And for that second interview, I do hereby bestow upon you an extra large sprinkling of pixie dust! :tinker:

Oh, and I hope the drooling made up for almost making you cry. Because if I'm going to cause you to lose bodily fluids, I'd much rather it be drool. :lmao:

'k this made me spit my wine last night (sort of another fluid!). Too funny.

Second interview is Tuesday so I am cautiously optimistic!

Sooooo I am home all day. What to do? Review and ultimately change our dining of course. ::yes:: I switched Via Napoli to Rose & Crown. We really enjoyed Via Napoli last year but it is pizza and I can get that here. I love Bangers and Mash and have no where to get that here. Not sure why I ever cancelled R&C in the first place. And the Sticky Toffee Pudding? :love:

I know my men are going to want me to fit Via Napoli back in somewhere but I just don't see where at this point. If DS wants to give up Le Cellier for lunch maybe but that has been solid in stone for him.

Ok, so I swapped Brown Derby for Via Napoli. We really had too many credits anyway and with all the rich food we will be eating, good ole pizza will probably be welcome!

30 days from our trip and I want to be done!

Changes Changes!!

I'm glad you found a way to keep Via Nappoli but still wishing you were doing Brown Derby so I could see a recent review!!

Congrats on the job interview!

Good luck on the 2nd one tomorrow! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!