Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

My men are tried of hearing about the changes and told me to do whatever I want so I didn't even consult them.
This is my guys as well! DH doesn't care as long as he's eating three meals a day. DS doesn't care as long as he knows they have steak! :rotfl2:

Crazy, deluxe dining and still paying OOP for food! :crazy2: Curse those signature restaurants and their wonderful sounding menus! :rotfl2:
We have the same problem! I have 81 credits to spend and somehow I'm up to 87! :confused3

This is my guys as well! DH doesn't care as long as he's eating three meals a day. DS doesn't care as long as he knows they have steak! :rotfl2:

We have the same problem! I have 81 credits to spend and somehow I'm up to 87! :confused3

We are actually 6 credits over as well since we are planning to pay for WPE breakfast out of pocket plus the extra lunchl. Too much food, not enough days!

We are sort of in the same position, we have 96 credits to use but we are solving the issue by using snack credits at DHS starring rolls to get in the cupcakes for our breakfast. That way we are getting our breakfast but still able to use snack credits while not eating too much in between meals since we probably won't be hungry on this plan. Then on our DTD day, we are just going to get an early lunch at WPE and then Spirit of Aloha dinner that night. Snack credits to use if we need it also. TaDa!!! It also helps that my DH is just now letting us use credits on Signatures. Up until this trip, he was set against them (don't know why :confused3). When he saw that we could do Yachtsman and not go hungry on the Deluxe Dining Plan, he was in! :lmao: He is a carnivore to the core. The bigger the steak, the better and it really doesn't even matter if there is anything else with it or not. :lmao:

Glad to see Mama Melroses was on the chopping block and not HBD!!! :thumbsup2 Snacking at MK sounds like a good plan... there are plenty of choices to make me happy. However, I understand that in August you kinda want to take a break and be seated in the a/c. :)

Glad to see Mama Melroses was on the chopping block and not HBD!!! :thumbsup2 Snacking at MK sounds like a good plan... there are plenty of choices to make me happy. However, I understand that in August you kinda want to take a break and be seated in the a/c. :)

We really enjoyed our experience at MM last year. It was considered one of hte must do's this trip. But as things have progressed, the menu at HBD is must more appealing. It's funny, at one point we were eating at MM, Tony's, Portobellos, Via Napoli and Tutto Italia! Talk about italian food overload! Now it will just be VN. We have decent italian food near us and I think I make good sauce so I would rather try dishes that I know I will never make at home. :thumbsup2

Just read your dining itinerary. Sounds like you have made some great plans.

I can relate to you. My son, who is 15, is my Disney buddy too. We started by tagging along with DH when he had business trips in Orlando. We took our first trip just the 2 of us when he was 12. That was my favorite WDW trip ever.

Hope you, your son and husband have a great time!

So we are currently in Cooperstown. Went to the Hall of Fame today and are visiting SUNY Oneonta for DS tomorrow. Before I knew that I would be losing my job, I bought myself a new camera for our Disney trip. Nothing fancy, I am a point & shoot girl, but I have never really liked my current camera. Spent today playing with it and it actually has a "gourmet food" setting! :thumbsup2 I had never seen anything like that before! Of course I forgot the cord to dump the pics into the laptop so you all will have to wait til tomorrow! And as mush as DS is Ok with my taking pics of all of our food in Disney is as mortified as he was today when I took pics at our lunch! :rotfl:

So we are currently in Cooperstown. Went to the Hall of Fame today and are visiting SUNY Oneonta for DS tomorrow. Before I knew that I would be losing my job, I bought myself a new camera for our Disney trip. Nothing fancy, I am a point & shoot girl, but I have never really liked my current camera. Spent today playing with it and it actually has a "gourmet food" setting! :thumbsup2 I had never seen anything like that before! Of course I forgot the cord to dump the pics into the laptop so you all will have to wait til tomorrow! And as mush as DS is Ok with my taking pics of all of our food in Disney is as mortified as he was today when I took pics at our lunch! :rotfl:

Love that you have a gourmet food option!! Thankfully my hubby is a foodie and usually takes his own food pics so that has never been an issue either at WDW or elsewhere!

Joining in! Sounds like you have some great ADR's. Good luck on your interview!

Jill in CO

So I had to try out the food setting on my new computer. We ate at a place called "The Pit" in Cooperstown. Perfect place to try the new setting!

First DH had one of the local beers -

Cooperstown005.jpg

DS and I had iced tea (no pic). We also tried a cup of their soup of the day .. hamburger chowder. It was surprisingly good!

Cooperstown006.jpg

For entree, DS had beef tips over rice

Cooperstown009.jpg

I had an appetizer ... asparagus wrapped with goat cheese and ham and backed. This was amazing!

Cooperstown010.jpg

All in all a tasty meal and good way to show off the food setting on my camera. What do you all think?

And some other artsy settings ...

This one is Pop Art ... these are pics from our previous trips ....

Cooperstown007.jpg

And I just love these effects ...

Cooperstown017.jpg

Cooperstown018.jpg

Cooperstown036.jpg

Absolutely cannot wait to play with this camera in just over three weeks!

Cool pics, GoofySon'sMom! :thumbsup2 What kind of camera do you have?

Oh, and....

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!! :tinker:

Cool pics, GoofySon'sMom! :thumbsup2 What kind of camera do you have?

Oh, and....

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR INTERVIEW TOMORROW!!! :tinker:

Thank you! Keep sending that pixie dust, please! It is a Sony Cyber-Shot. I like it so much more than my last camera!

Pics came out great! I have to ask if you're a Boyds collector since I recognized the wall hanging!

I got a new Sony too!! I love it and I've been trying to practice as well. I have the NEX-C3 and it's like photography for dummies because the settings are so easy to use. I haven't really tried it out for food photos yet so maybe I should practice that! Your photos are great. :thumbsup2

Wishing you all the BEST with your 2nd interview!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Your photos with your new camera are awesome! Looks like you definitely know what you are doing with it. I bought a Nikon D3100 DSLR almost 2 years ago and yet use my Sony Cybeshot (DSC HX1) almost exclusively since I love it so much. Go figure!

My DH would be soooo jealous of your Cooperstown visit - he's a huge baseball fan. (That IS where the hall of fame is correct? Don't want to show my ignorance but I have??)

Sending pixie dust and well wishes today! :cheer2: (<---and one of those too)

Good luck tomorrow! You'll ace the interview, just don't be too nervous :)

Thank you! I am not real nervous right now. My concern is my vacation ... will they hire me knowing I am taking two weeks off in two weeks? We'll see ...

Pics came out great! I have to ask if you're a Boyds collector since I recognized the wall hanging!

No really. I have always loved them though. That hanging was in a store in a small town years ago marked down to $25! I had to buy it!

Good luck tomorrow! And nice special effects on those pics! :thumbsup2

Thank you and thank you! :)

I got a new Sony too!! I love it and I've been trying to practice as well. I have the NEX-C3 and it's like photography for dummies because the settings are so easy to use. I haven't really tried it out for food photos yet so maybe I should practice that! Your photos are great. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I realize now that I should have taken one with the regular setting and one with the food setting so I could see the difference. May do that with our dinner tonight or something. Just for comparision.

Wishing you all the BEST with your 2nd interview!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Your photos with your new camera are awesome! Looks like you definitely know what you are doing with it. I bought a Nikon D3100 DSLR almost 2 years ago and yet use my Sony Cybeshot (DSC HX1) almost exclusively since I love it so much. Go figure!

My DH would be soooo jealous of your Cooperstown visit - he's a huge baseball fan. (That IS where the hall of fame is correct? Don't want to show my ignorance but I have??)

Sending pixie dust and well wishes today! :cheer2: (<---and one of those too)

Yes ma'am ... it is the Baseball Hall of Fame. Neat place. Its much smaller than most people would think. But Cooperstown is really a great little town. I am hoping it works out for DS to go to college in that area.

I could never deal with one of those fancy cameras. I am too technologically challenged. Give me a good point & shoot and I am happy!

THANK YOU for the cheerleader!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter