• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom, my hands smell-A first timer's TR-Completed 4/12

Hey y’all. So, I’ve been pretty sad lately (I blame it on too many of you going to Disney, leaving me at home) so I figure that I’d better do something to try to temporarily forget it. So, you guys benefit by getting a new update. So, here we go. The mad search for a candy bar…. This is a fairly picture-less chapter because it was getting late and I was tired of having the camera strap stuck to my palm and Sleepy’s camera was on the fritz…again.

When I last left you, we were on our way to Italy after experiencing some of the fabulous World Showcase. We checked out some of the pavilion….

394.jpg

395.jpg

Bad shot.

396.jpg

399.jpg

Then we went inside the shop to check out what they had. I spent a great deal of time looking at the Carnival masks, but when I caught the price tag of what must have been the cheapest one, I went and found where Grumpy and Sleepy were hiding. I found a packet of postcards from each of the pavilions but after waiting nearly 20 minutes for someone to show up at the register, we decided just to leave it for another time.

But our time wasn’t wasted because as we came out, we came face to face with this.

400.jpg

ROMEO AND EDNA by the World Showcase Players! I’d watched a video of this a hundred times on youtube (thanks to ru42… the ultimate supplier of Disney parks videos). I begged Grumpy and Sleepy to sit and watch it. They conformed, and we found an empty bench and watched one of the most non-famous non-Shakespearean, Shakespearean plays of all time. We were on the Montague’s side.

401-1.jpg

407.jpg

Our elderly Romeo.

409.jpg

After the show was done, and they had packed up, and the crowd dispersed, we stayed seated, debating what to do.
“I really don’t feel like finishing up the rest of the Showcase.”

Did that come from me? I was exhausted. My camera was already packed away and everything.

“Me neither,” Grumpy agreed.:rolleyes:

“And seeing as we’re gonna have an early, early day tomorrow, why don’t we just finish the rest of the Showcase on Thursday before our ADR’s?”

“Sounds good.”

As we stood up to leave, via the boat, Sleepy announced that she wanted to get that chocolate she’d been looking at earlier.

“The one in Germany or in Norway?”

“The first one.”

:confused:

“Ummm… The first one I said…or the first one we looked at?”

“The first one we looked at.”

I didn’t remember her debating any chocolate in Norway… “Are you sure?”

“Uh…yeah.”

Because we love Sleepy so much, we started the trek against the crowd towards Norway. As we passed the shop in Germany that she’d been looking at all the chocolate, I asked her if she was positive that it was in Norway.

“Yes.”

We got to Norway, looked around the shop (this time avoiding the hats), she announced she couldn’t find the chocolate. She asked a CM where the candy was and was pointed to the corner she’d looked at earlier.

“Is it here?”

“Ummm…I think it was at the other one.”

“You mean Germany?”

“…Yeah…”

It’s a good thing I love Sleepy. :rolleyes:

“Let’s just get it on Thursday,” an over-eager (to leave) Grumpy said.

We were fine with that. Because we were in Norway and the line was short, we rode Maelstrom again to my joy and Sleepy and Grumpy’s despair. It was just as good as the first time.

We left the Showcase and towards Future World. We went to Test Track really quickly to use our FastPasses and went back to the center of FW. I found the pin cart and I bought my first pin at Disney (I have others from outlet stores). A Boston Red Sox Mickey pin (go Sox!) much to the despair of diehard Dbacks fan Grumpy. Then we left the park.

As we left, I made it very clear that we had to be at the Magic Kingdom very early the next morning. I just hoped that Grumpy and Sleepy would be able to keep their promise at 6:00 AM the next morning.

:rolleyes1

Up Next: 3…2…1… Welcome home!

It's amazing how World Showcase can wipe a person out, isn't it? I always feel like I have actually gone around the world by the time we finish it.

I love those carnival masks, too, but, sadly, had the same reaction when I saw the price tags.

Does Norway even have chocolate? I remember seeing the Swedish fish and trolls, but no chocolate. Poor Sleepy -- I hope she gets her German chocolate on Thursday.

It's amazing how World Showcase can wipe a person out, isn't it? I always feel like I have actually gone around the world by the time we finish it.

I love those carnival masks, too, but, sadly, had the same reaction when I saw the price tags.

Does Norway even have chocolate? I remember seeing the Swedish fish and trolls, but no chocolate. Poor Sleepy -- I hope she gets her German chocolate on Thursday.

It was more a combination of not enough sleep, getting up early, and the time change that made us so tired. The carnival masks are absolutely spectacular! My friend made me one for Much Ado though, and it's quite lovely. It's my dream to go to Venice when I'm older and get a genuine Venetian mask (not one of the rip offs they sell on the street corners, one of the handcrafted ones from the small shops off the beaten path...[I'll admit, I watch too much Samantha Brown]). I think they might sell some chocolate, but I'm not exactly sure. They had a small corner of candy and Sleepy must have somehow gotten confused. I think she hopes she gets some too!

Hi again.

Just found your update. It's 12:43 am here in cold wet Mich. It rained all day yesterday & there seems to be no letup tonight.

The World Showcase is my favorite part of EPCOT. Yes, the prices are a bit much on most of everything I like but I tend to not let that stop me if there's something I really like. "Hats & Foo Dogs are a must!!!!!" Let's just say that the between my Wife and I the credit limit on our Resort ID Card gets maxed out before the vacation is over.

We also tend not to complete the trip around the Showcase in one visit although once while my Daughter and Grandchildren waited for Illuminations of Earth I walked around the whole thing in just under 20 minutes with quick stops in Japan & Italy. Not bad for a 68 year old Grandpa!!!!!

It looks as though next years trip to the World might not happen at this time. I don't plan on canceling our reservations until next Summer though just in case things change.

See you on the next page.

Sleepy IS the boss of the family. Most definately. :worship:
I've slowed down just a tiny bit, but I'm still getting layers and layers of homework in my AP classes. Go figure. ;) Which reminds me...I'd better get offline and start on that 10 page paper due next week. :scared1:
Your trip is getting so close! How goes the picture posting?

21 more days.......:banana: :banana: :banana:

I still haven't mastered the picture posting mostly because DH or DS haven't showed me how to put photos in photobucket.

Good luck on your homework.

Just read the update. I never knew about that show...I'll have to keep an eye out :thumbsup2

21 more days.......:banana: :banana: :banana:

I still haven't mastered the picture posting mostly because DH or DS haven't showed me how to put photos in photobucket.

Good luck on your homework.

:woohoo: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :dance3: :woohoo:

Just read the update. I never knew about that show...I'll have to keep an eye out :thumbsup2

Yeah. There's Romeo and Edna and some other show in the UK...as far as I know. Possible more. They're absolutely hilarious, especially if you're into audience participation.

Just finished reading what you've written so far and I have to say for a teen it's amazing. Such great style. Bet your teachers love you. Loving the report and will rake some more leaves( someone has to do it ugh) until you post again

Just finished reading what you've written so far and I have to say for a teen it's amazing. Such great style. Bet your teachers love you. Loving the report and will rake some more leaves( someone has to do it ugh) until you post again

Thanks for joining and thanks for the compliments. :banana: :hug: :banana:

My teachers don't really like me (well, other than my drama teacher, she ADORES me). In fact, I think my English teacher likes me less than all of my other teachers, but she's kinda...
I love creative writing (and story telling writing, such as a TR) but my school district doesn't really understand that. It's all persuassive (or various other boring) essays, all the time.

Wow. Raking leaves. I have NEVER had to do that before, but part of me kind of wants to know what it's like. :laughing: I'm just weird I guess.

My teachers don't really like me (well, other than my drama teacher, she ADORES me). In fact, I think my English teacher likes me less than all of my other teachers, but she's kinda...
I love creative writing (and story telling writing, such as a TR) but my school district doesn't really understand that. It's all persuassive (or various other boring) essays, all the time.

Wow. Raking leaves. I have NEVER had to do that before, but part of me kind of wants to know what it's like. :laughing: I'm just weird I guess.

Trust me Chels you haven't missed anything and don't really want to know about leave raking. I have about 300 trees on my property and they take great glee in making me clean up after them every Fall.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Magic Kingdom, Day One

I woke up bright and early to the alarm at 6:15 this morning. I literally jumped out of bed and started getting ready right way. Why, you may ask? Because today I was going to experience the dream of every child in America and many more around the world.

I was going to the Magic Kingdom.

I knew it was a lot like my Disneyland, where I’ve gone nearly every single year of my life. But it was still the fact of seeing THIS Magic Kingdom. THIS castle. THIS Main Street. I guess I really can’t describe it right. No words really fit the magic that is Disney.

So we knew we had to be at the gate for opening. BEFORE opening. So we were on our way quickly that morning.

416.jpg

(I think it had been raining earlier that morning).

415.jpg

We drove beneath the Walt Disney World sign at about 7:20. Soon enough we saw this.

418.jpg

I was so excited, I accidently took this.

419.jpg

When we pulled up to pay for the daily parking, they proclaimed that it was Mickey’s Magical Day and that all parking was FREE.

Whoo-hoo.

Our first (and only) Year of a Million Dreams surprise. Sleepy was excited beyond words. Our day was getting magical already.

We pulled into the parking lot and this was all that was there.

420.jpg

Honest to goodness. Only ONE row of cars. Not even a whole row. We were among those in the first row of parking. We were in space 35.

004.jpg

We got out of the car and practically skipped (well, me and Sleepy did at least) down to the TTC.

We were thankful we wouldn’t be using these.

425.jpg

Here’s Mickey welcoming us to his home.

423.jpg

As soon as we got to the gates, we realized that today was EMH—we’d thought it had been the day after. So we were forced to watch the happy families who stayed at Disney resorts as they made their way to start their magical day.

431.jpg

Sleepy and Grumpy look happy.

429.jpg

Edgy shot.

432.jpg

All the while, they were taunting us with this, just in front of us.

430.jpg

Sleepy took a picture of this seeing as we were pressed up right against it.

005.jpg

Then I came in for this.

006.jpg

Just after this was taken—we heard them. Yup. Foreign singing teenagers. Getting off busses in hordes. AHHH!!!! Not again. This was just getting plain ridiculous. Three days now. THREE.

Something was not right.

A CM came up to us at the gate and started a conversation up with Sleepy and Grumpy about the visit so far to WDW. They spoke for a few minutes then he walked away. I looked at my clock. It was almost time!!
Minutes later, the same CM came out on the other side of the gate with a family. He made a speech and announced that the park would be staying open an extra hour later that night! Hooray…

NOW LET US IN!!!!!!!!! :furious:

The family helped him count down the official opening to the Magic Kingdom. CM’s stood guard at the gate, ready to throw them open. Everyone pushed up against them, ready to run.

“3…2…1… WELCOME HOME!!!!”

And away we flew!

Up Next:Wait, Wait. I didn't see it.

Another update!!!!!:yay:

You look adorable in front of the Mickey - Minnie gate.
Looks like a good day was in store, even Grumpy was smiling :goodvibes . Hope I'm right.

I remember walking down Main Street and seeing the Castle for the first time. I was carrying my 4 yr. old Daughter and I'm not sure who was more impressed. She claims that she doesn't remember that moment but I'll never forget it. After 14 trips it's still a Magical sight.

I was in Calif. for one day in 1966 and Disneyland was closed. Never had the chance to try again.

Looking forward to your first impression of the MK.

I'm enjoying your trip report! You tell a great story! I can't wait to hear about your first impressions of the Magic Kingdom!!!!:goodvibes

Magic Kingdom is just such an exciting place, isn't it? I love it and miss it!

Hope the teenagers don't get in your way while you are there! :goodvibes

Another update!!!!!:yay:

You look adorable in front of the Mickey - Minnie gate.
Looks like a good day was in store, even Grumpy was smiling :goodvibes . Hope I'm right.

I remember walking down Main Street and seeing the Castle for the first time. I was carrying my 4 yr. old Daughter and I'm not sure who was more impressed. She claims that she doesn't remember that moment but I'll never forget it. After 14 trips it's still a Magical sight.

I was in Calif. for one day in 1966 and Disneyland was closed. Never had the chance to try again.

Looking forward to your first impression of the MK.

Disneyland closed????? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Those words together are completely foreign to me.

I'm enjoying your trip report! You tell a great story! I can't wait to hear about your first impressions of the Magic Kingdom!!!!:goodvibes

Thanks!!!

Magic Kingdom is just such an exciting place, isn't it? I love it and miss it!

Hope the teenagers don't get in your way while you are there! :goodvibes

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: We'll just have to see... :rolleyes:

Hey, I have alot of leaves you can come rake:banana: :banana:

Now what is this about the teachers not liking you.....NO WAY how could they not.:confused3 As for writing, your TR is great and you certainly have a way with creative writing.

Loved the picture of you by the gate smack dab in the middle.

Hey, I have alot of leaves you can come rake:banana: :banana:

Now what is this about the teachers not liking you.....NO WAY how could they not.:confused3 As for writing, your TR is great and you certainly have a way with creative writing.

Loved the picture of you by the gate smack dab in the middle.

Well, none of my ACADEMIC teachers really like me--or my French teacher. She likes the suck ups. But, like I think I said, my drama teacher adores me (she's a Disney lover too :banana: ). And my dance teacher doesn't think I'm half bad--maybe cuz I'm not falling over while trying it do a pivot anymore. :confused3 But I sure do love creative writing. :love: If only I had TIME anymore.

Thanks about the picture comment. I was really tired which equals especially silly that morning. The Disney magic was just beginning to start.

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!
Mine was a lot of fun and I got a day of moderate rest. Today we put up the all important Christmas decorations and had a lot of fun doing that.
And in case anyone is wondering, yes the TOFUrkey was marvelous!
:rotfl:

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!
Mine was a lot of fun and I got a day of moderate rest. Today we put up the all important Christmas decorations and had a lot of fun doing that.
And in case anyone is wondering, yes the TOFUrkey was marvelous!
:rotfl:

OMG what in the world is happening to the younger generation?????:confused:

I'm not sure the Pilgrims would have approved of TOFUrkey.:sad2:

We had a great Thanksgiving here, actually at my Daughter's house, and I must admit that I went very easy on the turkey but made a rather large dent in the veggie trays. One must eat in a healthy manner after all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter