MNSSHP or Extra Week in 2007

DisneyDadof3

DIS Veteran
Dilemma - We can either go Oct. 4-9 and hit the MNSSHP a night or two and DD (8 yrs old) only misses one day of school (while DW and me miss 2 - inservice on Friday) or do we take an additional week in addition to our Easter Week - (all of us would miss 4 days of school).

It would be cheaper just to stay the extra week to cut down on travel costs etc. However, MNSSHP looks like a great time and less school would be missed. I'd love to do both, but responsibilities are getting the best of my budget and conscious.

Any help or suggestions?

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I don't know how much help I will be...

We have never been to MNSSHP, and are going for the first time this year. My question is has your daughter expressed a preference? Maybe if you tell her about MNSSHP she might not be interested, OR she might give you the look of "this cannot be missed mom!"...which would help with your decision.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful... :confused3

BTW, MY choice (if this were posed to me) would be to go in October...then I get to go TWICE!!! :sunny:

Good luck to you! Happy travels! :wizard:

I really can't make the choice for you because its really a tough one. But as far as MNSSHP, we've been to this event 4 times now and are getting ready for the 5th this October. We love it! We've been to WDW just about every time of year and we love Oct/Nov. The weather is still beautiful and as far as myself and my 2 DD's 12 & 14 are concerned, MNSSHP is a must for us. The atmosphere is amazing and there are so many characters. It just isn't like any other trip to the Magic Kingdom. As soon as we leave every year, my DD's start planning our family's costume theme for the next year. I understand how having an extra week near Easter would be nice because of the crowds but in my opinion, there is no better time to visit than Halloween. Good luck with your decision and hope this helps.

It is a tough choice - do I take DD (8) and leave DS (3) and (1) at home with grandparents or take DD and DS (3) leaving only DS (1) at home to save on dragging stroller around - and he wouldn't get anything out of it - or take all 3 and do the best we can? Obviously in the spring we'd take all 3.

DD would love to go and DS (3) is scared of his shadow - but talks a good game soon as we leave each character.

ugh? - killing me watching other people buy tickets.

OK - going with MNSSHP - ended up with flight AND hotel (for 4 nights) from St. Louis area (Belleville on allegiant) for 5 of us for $722 - seemed like I couldn't pass that deal up. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter