• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So are there folks watching this thread waiting/watching for MK 7/3 and 7/4?

I was just sitting here thinking about it and the seemingly ODD treatment the parties got last year, which is repeating itself this year. Here we are... <60 days from two of the most crowded evening park events of the year.... and ZILCH about either dessert party.

Just seems crazy.

I was just sitting here thinking about it and the seemingly ODD treatment the parties got last year, which is repeating itself this year. Here we are... <60 days from two of the most crowded evening park events of the year.... and ZILCH about either dessert party.

Just seems crazy.

YES!!! I have called a few times (ok....ok....several) and have been told "they don't have them scheduled yet so it's up in the air if they will have them".... Yea Disney...you are going to skip a chance to take my money lol.

Last year, I just gave up. But apparently they didn't release them till the end of June (why?????) so this year, I'm sticking with it. I was able to make my family stake out a spot for fireworks early last year, but this year my kids are planning a mutiny if I make them do it again.

I never considered the dessert party for July 3/4th. Might be a good idea.... I booked Crystal Palace for the evening, 8:15 or so. My friend did that on July 4 once (or the 3rd) and said they were allowed to exit onto the CP patio area and watch fireworks during their dinner, and then return inside. She said they did not allow other guests up there, just people from CP. I have no other confirmation of this happening though... the dessert party would be more of a sure thing.

We are staying at Poly, so my plan B is the Poly beach with a cocktail in my hand. :flower1:

I never considered the dessert party for July 3/4th. Might be a good idea.... I booked Crystal Palace for the evening, 8:15 or so. My friend did that on July 4 once (or the 3rd) and said they were allowed to exit onto the CP patio area and watch fireworks during their dinner, and then return inside. She said they did not allow other guests up there, just people from CP. I have no other confirmation of this happening though... the dessert party would be more of a sure thing.

We are staying at Poly, so my plan B is the Poly beach with a cocktail in my hand. :flower1:

We did Poly last 7/4. Your Plan B sounds more fun. :-)

I just think it's so weird that they'd even list July 3 and 4 (and Sept 17) as an option for the dessert party if they weren't going to have one. If they don't know at this point if they're having an event less than 60 days out, why do they open dining 180 days out? It's maddening!

I just think it's so weird that they'd even list July 3 and 4 (and Sept 17) as an option for the dessert party if they weren't going to have one. If they don't know at this point if they're having an event less than 60 days out, why do they open dining 180 days out? It's maddening!

I agree. Last year, the 3rd and 4th weren't even blue to choose. We are staying at Poly as well, so that is our plan B too.

Lol, for the Poly people... I vote 7/4 Poly beach DIS party instead. What we’d all spend on the dessert party will buy plenty of Dole Whips and frosty beverages from the Lava Pool bar. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Yes, we are MK fireworks (perhaps from Poly beach) on the 3rd, Epcot on the 4th (& moving to Yacht Club for easy walk back to that resort on the 4th).

Yes, we are MK fireworks (perhaps from Poly beach) on the 3rd, Epcot on the 4th (& moving to Yacht Club for easy walk back to that resort on the 4th).

We are going from the Poly to the Beach Club Villas on the 4th! We had the same thought that at the end of the night, it's a quick walk back to our room.

We've never done July 4th in WDW before, but I would go the Poly beach route for sure if we ever did. I stream the fireworks every year from home and the amount of people is crazy!!!

Just seems crazy.

I'm waiting and watching, although I'm still not entirely sure whether or not we can go (we've already booked and canceled resort reservations more than once). Does anyone know when they came out last year? And were they priced at a premium?

We did Poly last 7/4. Your Plan B sounds more fun. :-)

Poly for 4th of July was wonderful last year! The third might have been even better. The holiday fireworks are really great viewed from there. And once they end, you can resume your relaxing evening instead of facing the hoards of people leaving the park.

We've never done July 4th in WDW before, but I would go the Poly beach route for sure if we ever did. I stream the fireworks every year from home and the amount of people is crazy!!!

OT, but this is the Disney Parks Blog stream camera setup from Poly (Sunet Pointe) from last year. Helps to get over those bungalows with that nice crane! :-)

Disney Parks Blog 7-4-17 setup.jpeg

I just checked again and not available yet. I extended my trip to July 3rd so I could see the special fireworks since it is on my bucket list. I'd much prefer doing the dessert party and seeing the fireworks from the Plaza Garden than having to stake out a spot an hour (or more) since I'm solo.

Sorry if this has already been covered but in the OP's photos, it appears the tables in the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing section are pushed up against the railing. Are these tables reserved for people who have booked the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing only? And the tables in the back are meant for those who are going to the Plaza viewing area? One of my biggest cons of the dessert parties in the past is that there was room along the railings at Tomorrowland Terrace for people to stand in front of you, so you still had to jockey for a spot and stand to see anything, defeating the purpose of the table. If they've re-configured it so the tables are against the railing now, that helps a lot.

For those who have done the dessert party - are the lamp posts and lighting annoying in person? They really seem to make pictures from the area look, well, not great.

I have the party booked For 7/24 but Im now wondering if I'd rather just stake out a spot for 45 minutes :scared:

You would think since its a paid viewing area Disney would make sure the view is the best it can be

For those who have done the dessert party - are the lamp posts and lighting annoying in person? They really seem to make pictures from the area look, well, not great.

I have the party booked For 7/24 but Im now wondering if I'd rather just stake out a spot for 45 minutes :scared:

You would think since its a paid viewing area Disney would make sure the view is the best it can be

I've not done this myself yet but in my research, I found a review blog from EasyWDW who said the ONLY problem was the lamp posts but that mostly mars photos than it does the experience in real life. Personally, I'd rather deal with a lamp post in my way than a 6'2" dad which a child on his shoulders in my way.

I've done the party twice and it didn't bother me.

Sorry if this has already been covered but in the OP's photos, it appears the tables in the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing section are pushed up against the railing. Are these tables reserved for people who have booked the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing only? And the tables in the back are meant for those who are going to the Plaza viewing area? One of my biggest cons of the dessert parties in the past is that there was room along the railings at Tomorrowland Terrace for people to stand in front of you, so you still had to jockey for a spot and stand to see anything, defeating the purpose of the table. If they've re-configured it so the tables are against the railing now, that helps a lot.

The Tomorrowland Terrace and Plaza Garden seating and food service areas are totally seperate and don’t overlap. The Tomorrowland Terrace uses that “bottom” portion of the terrace with the rail / view of of the castle. The Plaza Garden version uses the “upper” and “middle” portions of the Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant (hopefully that makes sense, sort of hard to explain).

I have seen the table positioning for the Tomorrowland Terrace version change a bit over time, but generally speaking it’s been a row of tables along the rail with a couple of spots where the tables are two deep.

It is NOT like the Wishes dessert party from awhile ago where tables were many rows deep and everyone would rush towards the rail.

I hope that answers your question.

This visual may help. Again, this table configuration can change nightly and I’ve seen them two deep in that “jut out.” But again, not like the old party where this whole area would have been full of tables.

IMG_0253.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter