• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who have done the dessert party - are the lamp posts and lighting annoying in person? They really seem to make pictures from the area look, well, not great.

I have the party booked For 7/24 but Im now wondering if I'd rather just stake out a spot for 45 minutes :scared:

You would think since its a paid viewing area Disney would make sure the view is the best it can be

There is really no avoiding lamp or speaker posts from anywhere in the hub. They are all over the place.

I find that pics make the obstructions look far worse than they seem in real life. There’s so much going on visually with HEA that your mind and eye will be all over the place and likely not focused on a lamp post.

Sorry if this has already been covered but in the OP's photos, it appears the tables in the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing section are pushed up against the railing. Are these tables reserved for people who have booked the Tomorrowland Terrace viewing only? And the tables in the back are meant for those who are going to the Plaza viewing area? One of my biggest cons of the dessert parties in the past is that there was room along the railings at Tomorrowland Terrace for people to stand in front of you, so you still had to jockey for a spot and stand to see anything, defeating the purpose of the table. If they've re-configured it so the tables are against the railing now, that helps a lot.

I think it's @yulilin3 has a facebook page where she streams live Disney things. A month (?) ago she live streamed the fireworks from the Terrace party viewing area. Do yourself a favor and watch the whole thing - it really gives a great view of how everything is in relation to everything else. I found it to be extremely helpful in planning which party to pick.

I got all excited and thought maybe July 3rd had opened too....It hasn't....But I'm glad for you!
Sorry! :( I checked July right after and didn't see anything..I should have mentioned that. BUT...maybe this means they'll open July 3&4 soon!

There is really no avoiding lamp or speaker posts from anywhere in the hub. They are all over the place.

I find that pics make the obstructions look far worse than they seem in real life. There’s so much going on visually with HEA that your mind and eye will be all over the place and likely not focused on a lamp post.
Very true. Your eye and mind subconsciously eliminate extraneous visuals. Our ears are the same way. You will always see more details in a photo, you will always hear more details in a recording. Oftentimes in a personal video, you can hear background conversations that you never heard in person.

Woooo!!! I got our July 3rd reservation! The website was glitchy, but I finally got all the way through it. My MIL may join us so now I only have to keep stalking the frozen dessert party on the 4th to add one person. But at least we have this one booked! Thank you so much!

The Tomorrowland Terrace and Plaza Garden seating and food service areas are totally seperate and don’t overlap. The Tomorrowland Terrace uses that “bottom” portion of the terrace with the rail / view of of the castle. The Plaza Garden version uses the “upper” and “middle” portions of the Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant (hopefully that makes sense, sort of hard to explain).

I have seen the table positioning for the Tomorrowland Terrace version change a bit over time, but generally speaking it’s been a row of tables along the rail with a couple of spots where the tables are two deep.

It is NOT like the Wishes dessert party from awhile ago where tables were many rows deep and everyone would rush towards the rail.

I hope that answers your question.

This visual may help. Again, this table configuration can change nightly and I’ve seen them two deep in that “jut out.” But again, not like the old party where this whole area would have been full of tables.

View attachment 321378
Helpful photo. When we last did the terrace, both times it was the old way. This past visit we did the plaza. Seeing this here, I would still do the plaza though. But a very helpful picture.

July 3rd is open for booking. Just booked mine. I'm so happy!!!!!

Oh and I did the Plaza Garden Viewing.

Thanks so much! Tried to get Terrace this morning for July 3 and wouldn’t have tried again until tomorrow! I finally have all plans in place (unless they open FP + for toy story on July 26) decided on terrace for this since there aren’t really castle projections and we are doing the plaza on a regular fireworks night. Might be nice sitting at a table up and away from the chaos.

If you can’t get in through the website, call. I froze up twice trying to reserve, and thought it was done. Not showing the Terrace at all. But I called and they had availability for both.

Thanks to this thread for letting me know it had opened. It wasn’t showing up at 8:30 when I checked, so I would have been done until tomorrow.

Is Plaza Garden available? Just booked Terrace because it was all I saw, but I would prefer Plaza Garden viewing

Never Mind - FOUND IT! Woohoo. Canceled Terrace and booked Plaza Garden for the four of us. Very excited that we have a dedicated space to watch the special fireworks. My kids will love it. Now I have to cancel a restaurant meal to pay for it, but it will be worth it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter