• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm having a hard time booking this 180 days out (for late september.) At first I thought that maybe the date was already sold out, but I can't find a single other date with availability! Am I doing this wrong or is event just the most popular event in the park?

While we’re all sitting here still waiting...

What are we going to do if they dial in a price increase? :duck:

For me it depends on how much of an increase. We have another trip booked in December with my son and his girlfriend so I might just skip the party this trip and enjoy it with them since the gf has never done it before. Fingers crossed there will be no increase so we can enjoy it both times :)

I'm having a hard time booking this 180 days out (for late september.) At first I thought that maybe the date was already sold out, but I can't find a single other date with availability! Am I doing this wrong or is event just the most popular event in the park?

No one can book past 5/27. That's why we are all here being miserable and impatient together. :)

She has always hated fireworks. The last time we went we did a MVMCP and we had to run down Main Street with my hands over her ears when the fireworks started. But that was 5 years ago, I am hoping she can enjoy them this time. If there is a place to try and like fireworks, it’s WDW, right?! I am hoping if we can either get right out and get on a bus quickly, or sit and relax and wait the crowd out. I do have pictures of her curled up in a ball zipped completely inside a huge sweatshirt with her head covered while I apply pressure to her head or shoulders. I just don’t want that to happen his time. She gets so disappointed.
Maybe she’ll be ok this time - there’s a big difference between 10 and 15! The headset will probably work. Becky’s big thing is haunted mansion... 15 years old and she’s still afraid of it -and Tower of Terror, she doesn’t care about the drops, but it’s too spooky for her

Can I ask those who’ve booked the HEA dessert party with garden plaza view about the check in procedure? I know you’ll pre-pay for the exact number of people like an ADR, and then I’m assuming on the day of the event, you’ll go to the check-in area to confirm with ID or your magicband. I plan on booking the dessert party but will be tag teaming with hubby and only taking 2 of my 3 kids (while hubby stays behind with our 3rd kid elsewhere). I plan on booking the dessert party for a party of 3. If by chance, 1 of my 2 kids on the ADR in my party bails or changes her mind, is it possible for me to swap out and take kid #3 instead seeing as I already paid for two kids? We will all have Magic Bands and admission into the park. Just want to know how strict they will be if I show up with kid #3 instead of kid #2 who was originally on the ADR. Will they just make sure to count that there is 1 adult and 2 kids present, or will they make us scan our Magic Bands?

Maybe she’ll be ok this time - there’s a big difference between 10 and 15! The headset will probably work. Becky’s big thing is haunted mansion... 15 years old and she’s still afraid of it -and Tower of Terror, she doesn’t care about the drops, but it’s too spooky for her

My daughter is 14 and she finally likes those rides. I seriously thought it would never happen. It wasn’t the drop in ToT. She liked that. She was scared of the themes. She is neurotypical too. Just not a fan of ghosts.

Can I ask those who’ve booked the HEA dessert party with garden plaza view about the check in procedure? I know you’ll pre-pay for the exact number of people like an ADR, and then I’m assuming on the day of the event, you’ll go to the check-in area to confirm with ID or your magicband. I plan on booking the dessert party but will be tag teaming with hubby and only taking 2 of my 3 kids (while hubby stays behind with our 3rd kid elsewhere). I plan on booking the dessert party for a party of 3. If by chance, 1 of my 2 kids on the ADR in my party bails or changes her mind, is it possible for me to swap out and take kid #3 instead seeing as I already paid for two kids? We will all have Magic Bands and admission into the park. Just want to know how strict they will be if I show up with kid #3 instead of kid #2 who was originally on the ADR. Will they just make sure to count that there is 1 adult and 2 kids present, or will they make us scan our Magic Bands?

They ask the name of whomever booked the party. They check on their list and let you in. They don’t care who you bring as long as it is correct number and age from the booking. They don’t scan bans. You can bring any two kids if you book two kids.

No, youre not doing anything wrong. The dates havent been released yet. Yes, they are highlighted in Blue now. Wasn't that way until last weekend. But we still can't book. Many of have been in the 180 day window for a long time now are still waiting. Any minute now....We hope :)

Her dad “made” her go on haunted mansion and pirates of the Caribbean when she was 7. She hated them both and won’t even try them again. Luckily since the divorce he doesn’t come with us anymore, lol. She is easily frightened and doesn’t like anything even “Disney scary.” I am counting on her age making a big difference this time for the fireworks. She did briefly experience fireworks at Busch Gardens on NYE at almost 13 and it wasn’t great, but it was on a band trip and the kids were at the park all morning, in a parade in the afternoon, and back to the park at night, which was PACKED - it was an exhausting day and several kids besides my own were over it by midnight. And we didn’t have earplugs.

Last year, July 3 & 4 didn't open till late June. It seems like this happens every time I look to book, so I'm not too worried about it.
Thank you for sharing this. I had read about this before but I'm wondering if you remember whether the dates for July 3rd and 4th had been highlighted in blue this far in advance? I have booked several dessert parties in the past and as a number of posters here have stated already, once the dates turn blue, they are usually bookable within 24 hours or so. I think that is why it's so strange this time around that the dates have been blue for several days now but still are not available to be booked.

Thank you for sharing this. I had read about this before but I'm wondering if you remember whether the dates for July 3rd and 4th had been highlighted in blue this far in advance? I have booked several dessert parties in the past and as a number of posters here have stated already, once the dates turn blue, they are usually bookable within 24 hours or so. I think that is why it's so strange this time around that the dates have been blue for several days now but still are not available to be booked.

They weren't highlighted last year when the rest of the dates in July went live.

They weren't highlighted last year when the rest of the dates in July went live.
You have an excellent memory :). Thank you for the info. I'm not sure if it is a good thing that the dates are highlighted this time around but I suppose we can only wait and see what happens!

You have an excellent memory :). Thank you for the info. I'm not sure if it is a good thing that the dates are highlighted this time around but I suppose we can only wait and see what happens!

I remember being very frustrated that they weren't opened and finally gave up on booking it. We camped out for a fireworks spot. I guess they ended up releasing them around June 26 or 27 but we were already there by then and not checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter