• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We went last year in August and they had opened up another exit path behind the stores on Main Street. We walked out that way and straight out the front of the Magic Kingdom to The Contemporary.
When we were there on 3/4/18, that is what we did - took that back path right after HEA, made it out of MK and onto a bus very quickly. It was great!

While we are waiting......can I ask about exit strategy too?
I will be with my 15 year old DD, she has high functioning autism (think aspergers). This is our last ditch attempt for her to see MK fireworks. I am going to do plaza garden seating and bring noise cancelling headphones. I know the buses to POR will be insane right after fireworks, and I figure a Minnie van will also be impossible. Suggestions? She can probably wait a few minutes if they will let us stay in the plaza area. Will they let us? Are there any secrets about leaving? This is her 4th trip, and I want this to work out for her. Plus, I want to see HEA!

I will be with my 15 year old DD, she has high functioning autism (think aspergers). This is our last ditch attempt for her to see MK fireworks. I am going to do plaza garden seating and bring noise cancelling headphones. I know the buses to POR will be insane right after fireworks, and I figure a Minnie van will also be impossible. Suggestions? She can probably wait a few minutes if they will let us stay in the plaza area. Will they let us? Are there any secrets about leaving? This is her 4th trip, and I want this to work out for her. Plus, I want to see HEA!
My 15 yr old daughter has Aspergers and doesn’t have any real trouble with the fireworks. She’ll cling to me in a crowd, but she doesn’t freak out. If your daughter is more sensitive, I also think they’ll let you stay in the reserved garden area until the crowd dies down ../

Yes, you can stay in the garden for a little while. Also, the garden's exist opens right to the path that takes you behind Main Street's store fronts. This is a very quick ans easy path out. I would consider getting a Minnie Van to cut down on the stress.

I had no idea they let people exit behind the stores, every time I have walked by they are waving people toward the ice cream shop!

FYI, that Main Street bypass is usually only open for a short amount of time. They are pretty quick (arguably too quick) to close it once the initial rush passes.

While we’re all sitting here still waiting...

What are we going to do if they dial in a price increase? :duck:

I wish the ice cream shop wasn't so crowded after fireworks..

Then again, if I book this, there will be ice cream right?

So problem solved

I can't believe they haven't released availability yet but I'm still checking like crazy.

I didn't think about an increase, currently there's only beer and wine at select places right? Seems like I had wine at BOG last year but now I can't remember.

I had no idea they let people exit behind the stores, every time I have walked by they are waving people toward the ice cream shop!
Yup, its by the bathrooms at the bottom of the Terrace ramp. As other poster said, its open briefly, but its awesome and kind of cool to see :)

Yup, its by the bathrooms at the bottom of the Terrace ramp. As other poster said, its open briefly, but its awesome and kind of cool to see :)

Maybe I'll get to take the path less traveled on this trip! Since we are planning on the desert party we will be right there and can (hopefully) dart back there before they seal it up.

They do the same thing on the other side of Main Street behind Casey's. it's very convenient when trying to leave the park during the after fireworks rush.

My 15 yr old daughter has Aspergers and doesn’t have any real trouble with the fireworks. She’ll cling to me in a crowd, but she doesn’t freak out. If your daughter is more sensitive, I also think they’ll let you stay in the reserved garden area until the crowd dies down ../

She has always hated fireworks. The last time we went we did a MVMCP and we had to run down Main Street with my hands over her ears when the fireworks started. But that was 5 years ago, I am hoping she can enjoy them this time. If there is a place to try and like fireworks, it’s WDW, right?! I am hoping if we can either get right out and get on a bus quickly, or sit and relax and wait the crowd out. I do have pictures of her curled up in a ball zipped completely inside a huge sweatshirt with her head covered while I apply pressure to her head or shoulders. I just don’t want that to happen his time. She gets so disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter