MK fireworks Friday 2/24 at midnight??

DOOM1001

DIS Veteran
So its 12:20am and since I live behind MK I'm hearing fireworks going off,schedule I see online has Wishes at 9pm,does anyone know what it is,special event?private group???

It could be a private group or testing of another upcoming show

worlds most expensive wedding?

Actually wishes had a few spots that everything didn't go into the air tonight. did it sound like a full show or just a handful of shells being dealt with?

Was it really as bad as New Year's Eve !!!!
What time did they let the dvc people in ???

We are going next Friday night and the email confirmation said 6 for early entry but when I called they said 8

The event is called “Moonlight Magic” and the 2nd event will take place again next Friday, March 3. There are ten such events held throughout the year at various WDW parks for DVC members and guests only. One is also held at Disneyland. Moonlight Magic events at Epcot replace the previously offered “Merry Member Mixer”. Roughly 10K guests attended the special 3 hour event. Guests were allowed in at 8pm, 2 hours before park closing, but the actual event didn't begin until 10pm. Day guests were encouraged to leave at closing as a wristband is needed in order to take advantage of any of the offerings.

Registration included entrance into the park at 8pm, snacks, non alcoholic beverages and two food items. Twenty-five attractions were open and many meet and greets with characters not usually available for meet and greets took place throughout the park. As reported, a special fireworks show took place at midnight.

Half of the Touch-point units were taken over at the entrance and people started arriving way too early. Not sure why, but they always do even though admission is guaranteed.

Was it really as bad as New Year's Eve !!!!
Never been, and never will, be there on NYE, but roughly 6 thousand guests were let in at one time just before 8pm. If you were exiting at that time, you were going against the flow, so I guess it was crowded. Also, some of the exits on the right side were eliminated and used as entrances for the event, so it made for a different, more crowded situation when exiting, especially after Wishes, but it all worked out ok.
We are going next Friday night and the email confirmation said 6 for early entry but when I called they said 8
I don't think it will be any different than last night's event, so 8pm is correct. It should be the same as the event map is the same.

If it were me, I would get the event wristband ahead of time, and if everyone in your group has park admission, enter through the day guest Touch-points, thereby avoiding the huge crowd waiting to get in. If you don't obtain a wristband beforehand, and you don't arrive any earlier than around 7, either get it from the "Moonlight Magic" CM standing there with an Ipad right after you enter the park or get it at Stitch or at the Tortuga Tavern anytime before 10pm.

If you don't have park admission, I strongly suggest that you don't arrive early as you'll just be standing in that huge crowd until 8 anyway. I'd arrive around 8:30. By that time the initial crowd has entered, and because the event benefits don't kick in until 10, you're a day guest, so why compete with them when you'll have exclusive use of the attractions at 10pm. I'm guessing that the 2nd event will be busier, but it will still be a great event.

We do have guests with no day passes but have fast passes for space mountain and seven dwarf ride ... Maybe we will just go a little after 8. We are staying at the poly so plan to take the boat over :-)

I'm guessing that the 2nd event will be busier, but it will still be a great event.

I was thinking last night would be busier of the two nights due to the Princess Marathon.

Thanks for advice - we plan to check in at BLT at 8ish and walking over to MK around 8:30-8:45.

I was thinking last night would be busier of the two nights due to the Princess Marathon
I thought the same thing, but what do I know. After speaking with several race participants who were DVC owners and who did show up, I was told that due to the earliness of the race, most felt that a late night at MK was not such a good idea. The other reason is that there were a high number of those who registered but didn't show up, will they attend the 2nd event instead? Oh, make sure you register you and your guests. There were some who didn't and that really slowed things down for them. Some were even rejected, so I wouldn't recommend it.
we plan to check in at BLT at 8ish and walking over to MK around 8:30-8:45.
Good plan. Plenty of time to putz around before the event specific stuff opens. If you don't already have one, let me know if you want a digital copy of the Moonlight Magic map.

Hey Mickey ole Pal-how about something like this for your loyal Passholders!:)
I know that Mickey would be more than happy to put on the exact same event for loyal Passholders, as long as someone other than Mickey is picking up the tab?

These were the fireworks that were happening at Magic Kingdom the other night if you didn't get the chance to see them from inside the park...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter