MK Closing at 6 pm for MVMCP???

I haven't seen anywhere that Disney is stating they close at 6 but non-party guests can stay until 7. I would not assume that. Back in the day pretty sure they used to clear the park before the party started with party guests already in the park having to all wait in one area. With all the problems they had last two years clearing the park, it would not shock me at all if they things were closed to non-party guests over the hour from 6-7 while they clear park but before party.

They started changing the last ADR you could get way before the party at most restaurants, they then adjusted so you couldn't get a FP+ up until 7 pm ... none of that helped so maybe this is the next step. Honestly most multi-day guests are not paying much to enter the park (over 4 days you are only paying $20 for that day), one day guests shouldn't pick a day when it closes earlier at all and party guests are paying a big chunk of change to go. I'll lay my bets on the folks paying the most money that Disney is trying to make happy.

Or it's a very selective strategic mistake ....

I will preface this by saying, I've been to none of the parties.

I'm okay with this change. Yes, it is taking that hour off the table for day guests, but if you make a reservation for 6:30 or later, knowing the park is closing at 7, you're trying to gain access to something you didn't pay for and that isn't right for the people who have paid.

Or, maybe that's just what's best for someone's particular plan that day. I would not automatically assume that those who do this are trying to get away with something.

Or, maybe that's just what's best for someone's particular plan that day. I would not automatically assume that those who do this are trying to get away with something.
I do. Of course it works out best for their schedule. They're dining after the party guests are filing in and while every one else is trying to squeeze in one last ride. Better than wasting an hour and a half at 5 and missing all that touring time before the early close.

Honestly most multi-day guests are not paying much to enter the park (over 4 days you are only paying $20 for that day), one day guests shouldn't pick a day when it closes earlier at all and party guests are paying a big chunk of change to go. I'll lay my bets on the folks paying the most money that Disney is trying to make happy.

Someone with a four-day ticket is paying $87 dollars for that day. Taking an hour off that day is a big takeaway IMO

I know people enjoy the parties and I don't fault anyone for that, but this is all about them trying to double-ticket the MK and they would do it every day of the year if they could.

Someone with a four-day ticket is paying $87 dollars for that day. Taking an hour off that day is a big takeaway IMO

I know people enjoy the parties and I don't fault anyone for that, but this is all about them trying to double-ticket the MK and they would do it every day of the year if they could.

I said over 4 days. So those tickets each additional day is closer to $20 per day. If you are only going four days make sure you pick MK on a day it stays open later. We already know party dates, so plan accordingly when you make your FP+.

Disney sets its own hours, and each ticket is good for those park hours. They didn't take away hours, those are just the hours of those days. Go or don't, it's up to the guest.

If you go on a park day that closes at 6 that is on the guest. I don't even drive to the store until I check the hours to see if it's worth my time so I certainly have no sympathy for those that go on a day it closes earlier than some other nights.

Yes, I'm there that time of year and I plan my days so I can hop later in day, use it for a nice meal at a resort, go to Disney Springs or Outlet Mall or just chill by pool. It's up to me to plan my days, of the time of year I chose to go, with the hours the parks are open.

Oh ok. But still that is one FP ride being taken away

There is no FP ride being taken away. You schedule within the hours and you still get 3 plus any others you can roll. I've been at park about 5 hours and rolled about 12 FP+. If you are keeping to the "losing an hour of my MK day" then I am assuming you are in the park all day getting your monies worth and therefore have likely booked 3 FP+.

I would be fine if they totally shut down to non party guests at 6... and I don't go to the parties plus I usually use party days to go to MK due to reduced crowds. With party guests allowed in starting at 4, crowds just shoot up. You're not getting much done that last hour.

Say the park is normally open 9-7. That's 10 hours. So using your $87, that's $8.70 per hour.

Now the park is only open 9-6 so 9 hours. That's $9.67 per hour.

Not a huge different in cost there.

I do. Of course it works out best for their schedule. They're dining after the party guests are filing in and while every one else is trying to squeeze in one last ride. Better than wasting an hour and a half at 5 and missing all that touring time before the early close.

They're dining during normal park hours, and maximizing park time no different than any other day. Sounds pretty smart to me. That it happens to be on a party night and that Disney chooses the operating hours they do, is not a guest's problem to solve.

Last edited:
I said over 4 days. So those tickets each additional day is closer to $20 per day. If you are only going four days make sure you pick MK on a day it stays open later. We already know party dates, so plan accordingly when you make your FP+.

Disney sets its own hours, and each ticket is good for those park hours. They didn't take away hours, those are just the hours of those days. Go or don't, it's up to the guest.

If you go on a park day that closes at 6 that is on the guest. I don't even drive to the store until I check the hours to see if it's worth my time so I certainly have no sympathy for those that go on a day it closes earlier than some other nights.

Yes, I'm there that time of year and I plan my days so I can hop later in day, use it for a nice meal at a resort, go to Disney Springs or Outlet Mall or just chill by pool. It's up to me to plan my days, of the time of year I chose to go, with the hours the parks are open.

There is no FP ride being taken away. You schedule within the hours and you still get 3 plus any others you can roll. I've been at park about 5 hours and rolled about 12 FP+. If you are keeping to the "losing an hour of my MK day" then I am assuming you are in the park all day getting your monies worth and therefore have likely booked 3 FP+.

They announced this about 90 days ahead. Someone by then has already booked their vacation. Sure, it's not going to make them cancel. But it's still a takeaway, however small, from when they booked their vacation.

If time is taken away, time to book a FP, even a SDFP, is taken away.

Say the park is normally open 9-7. That's 10 hours. So using your $87, that's $8.70 per hour.

Now the park is only open 9-6 so 9 hours. That's $9.67 per hour.

Not a huge different in cost there.

That's an 11% increase in the cost per hour for that day. That is a huge jump.

They announced this about 90 days ahead. Someone by then has already booked their vacation. Sure, it's not going to make them cancel. But it's still a takeaway, however small, from when they booked their vacation.

Park hours are never ever guaranteed. Hard to take away something that was never given or promised in the first place.

I think it's a good thing. But it makes me wonder if everyone will have to leave or if they'd let the party guests stay in the park.

I'm going to MVMCP in mid-November. I would be pretty upset if I noticed several people lingering in the park after it is closed to those without MVMCP tickets. I mean, part of the fun of the party is that it is not a regular crowd. If shutting stuff off at 6 will help with getting those who did not pay for the party out, I say by all means.

Right now it's only the Christmas Parties so it was a @ 180 day notice. That is plenty of time for someone to adjust for that one hour.

Does it say anything about party guests still being allowed in at 4pm with only a party ticket? I have an AP so I've never looked at the fine print about the actual time the ticket allows entry. For some reason I just assumed letting party guests in at 4pm was just a kindness on Disney's part and not an actual part of the actual ticket itself.

Does it say anything about party guests still being allowed in at 4pm with only a party ticket? I have an AP so I've never looked at the fine print about the actual time the ticket allows entry. For some reason I just assumed letting party guests in at 4pm was just a kindness on Disney's part and not an actual part of the actual ticket itself.

Not so much a kindness as a logistical choice, spreading the arriving crowds over a longer period. Would ending this practice be considered taking something away, I wonder?

Not so much a kindness as a logistical choice, spreading the arriving crowds over a longer period. Would ending this practice be considered taking something away, I wonder?

I can hear the screams now. Lots of people don't buy a ticket for the day counting on the 4pm opening to give them the 8 hours in the park.

They used to do this. Party guests could go to Tomorrowland while they cleared the rest of the park. Rides were open, cookie stations were open and you could get your free picture taken (this was a long time ago.....).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter