MK Closing at 6 pm for MVMCP???

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
I know, I know, it's still early, but another thread caused me to go look and Disney's website calendar is showing a 6 pm close for all the MVMCP party nights. MNSSHP still shows 7 pm.

@Robo or anyone else have any insight into this one???

My money is on a mistake.

But maybe they're moving to a 6-11 schedule. They do that for week night Halloween parties at DLR.

That wouldn't go over very well at WDW.

Maybe try booking an ADR in that timeframe and see if the cutoffs for that seem different?

I had mentioned that, and speculated on the reason for the 6 PM closing in the main MVMCP thread. IMO, I found this response to the most credible;

Had a very interesting conversation with a cast member today.

After speaking with a couple guest service managers and some others "in the know", Disney World is trying something new this year with the closing hours on party nights.

The party will still run from 7pm-12am, and the regular park hours will still be open to 7pm. However, on the computer system the park hours will stay open to only 6pm.

The change this year to make sure no dining reservations or fastpasses are scheduled after 6pm. This gives those that have dining and fastpasses the time to eat and ride before the party begins. The person did say the rides will still be open till 7pm, of course. The person said this was changed to help with the amount of people with dining reservations all the way up to 7pm, and then still being in the park after the party started.

I also just saw this on KTP;

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/...-world-crowd-calendar-and-park-hours-created/

The Magic Kingdom shows 6pm closing times for every Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party date. Here’s hoping they do an effective job getting all the day guests out of the park before the party begins. Over the last few years more and more people are hanging around for the parade and fireworks with no one making them leave. Hopefully the earlier closing hour will help in that fashion. You’ll find those 6pm closing in November and December. It will be interesting to see if they give back the lost hour by opening an hour earlier later on.

IMHO, its not a big loss. We spent three days in MK during MVMCP and with the party crowds coming in after 4pm, it was hard to do anything after 4:30pm. In fact, we ended up leaving around that time each day anyway....

We are at MK on Sunday Sept 3rd. Can someone tell me, if the Halloween party will be held that day ? If so, does that mean we will not be able to watch the fireworks from inside the castle without party tickets ?
It's our first time going.

We are at MK on Sunday Sept 3rd. Can someone tell me, if the Halloween party will be held that day ? If so, does that mean we will not be able to watch the fireworks from inside the castle without party tickets ?
It's our first time going.

Correct. Fireworks on party nights are only for party guests. Everyone else will have to leave by 7pm

The takeaway of a whole hour stinks for people who aren't staying for the parties.

It's not taking away a whole hour. Regular park opening time is still until 7. Their putting 6pm to make it where the system won't let non party guests make an ADR for say 6:45 or FP's right up until 7pm.

Regular guests can still stay in the park until 7pm like always, but their trying to make sure BY 7pm, everyone that's not a party guest is either out or close to being out the park.

It's not taking away a whole hour. Regular park opening time is still until 7. Their putting 6pm to make it where the system won't let non party guests make an ADR for say 6:45 or FP's right up until 7pm.

Regular guests can still stay in the park until 7pm like always, but their trying to make sure BY 7pm, everyone that's not a party guest is either out or close to being out the park.

Do you think one would still be able to use the express bus into MK until 7? We are at BLT for 8 nights, 4 are party nights.

But not being able to make a FP during the hour of 6-7 is a takeaway from the day guests

But not being able to make a FP during the hour of 6-7 is a takeaway from the day guests

I will preface this by saying, I've been to none of the parties.

I'm okay with this change. Yes, it is taking that hour off the table for day guests, but if you make a reservation for 6:30 or later, knowing the park is closing at 7, you're trying to gain access to something you didn't pay for and that isn't right for the people who have paid.

I will preface this by saying, I've been to none of the parties.

I'm okay with this change. Yes, it is taking that hour off the table for day guests, but if you make a reservation for 6:30 or later, knowing the park is closing at 7, you're trying to gain access to something you didn't pay for and that isn't right for the people who have paid.

I agree on ADRs.

I don't agree on the FPs. You should be able to make FPs until 7 if the hours are until 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter