Mixing Business with Disney: Who's attending Microsoft Ignite 2018?

Excellent, I just received an email from Microsoft. There will be a badge pickup location at the Orlando Airport when I fly in on Sunday. Very convenient.

Orlando International Airport (MCO) - Located near Baggage Claim in Terminals A & B.
Saturday, Sept. 22 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday, Sept. 23 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) - Located at OCCC West Level 1.
Additional locations available at OCCC South on Monday, Sept. 24.

Sunday, Sept. 23 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Monday, Sept. 24 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 25 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, Sept. 26 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Sept. 27 7:30 AM - 5:15 PM
Friday, Sept. 28 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Hyatt Regency Orlando - Located on the Convention Level.
Saturday, Sept. 22 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Sunday, Sept. 23 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Monday, Sept. 24 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Tuesday, Sept. 25 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday, Sept. 26 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday, Sept. 27 7:30 AM - 5:15 PM
Friday, Sept. 28 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Thanks for sharing that.. I arrive 20 minutes after the saturday window.. oh well.. :)

I like that it's open until 11pm on Sunday at MCO. We have a late flight and I should make that.

Wow. Rookie Mistake.

I just noticed you can book your Ignite session ahead of time. ALL of the labs are booked and the waiting lists full. *sigh* guess it's all standard conference room sessions for me.

For those that have been before how strict are they on the transportation for conference hotels? I'm not at a conference hotel but am wondering about the possibilities of procuring a shuttle to the closing party from one of conference hotels near Disney Springs.

For those that have been before how strict are they on the transportation for conference hotels? I'm not at a conference hotel but am wondering about the possibilities of procuring a shuttle to the closing party from one of conference hotels near Disney Springs.
You'll be fine. I booked an AirBnB at Ignite in Atlanta and walked next door to a conference hotel for the shuttle each day. Last year was no different. They may be checking for the lanyard IDs but that's it.

I went in atlanta, stayed at hotel next to MS hotel and had no problem using MS transportation. Hopefully will be the same this year as I am booked at Royal Pacific Resort since all the other MS hotels were booked by time I got my event pass.

any new/better responses on discount theme park tickets for attendees? I've been searching and haven't found anything for 2018. Found 2012 they offered like $25 tickets to Universal and then there was a special page for Disney World in 2017 but event has passed and can't see prices.

I have emailed event support and I am waiting on response.

I went in atlanta, stayed at hotel next to MS hotel and had no problem using MS transportation. Hopefully will be the same this year as I am booked at Royal Pacific Resort since all the other MS hotels were booked by time I got my event pass.

any new/better responses on discount theme park tickets for attendees? I've been searching and haven't found anything for 2018. Found 2012 they offered like $25 tickets to Universal and then there was a special page for Disney World in 2017 but event has passed and can't see prices.

I have emailed event support and I am waiting on response.

I took advantage of the $25 ticket in 2012.. it was great.. as the park was EMPTY. I am hoping there is something better than what people have been mentioning. I currently have a rental car on reserve.. I am second guessing that a little.. but I do want/plan to hit Disney Springs at least once.. and would love to hit Tuesday's Not so scary party.. but that too is up in the air..

Safe travels to you all.

The response I received from Microsoft Ignite team was: there is no special pricing for theme park tickets.

If someone runs across something different please post.

thanks.

Trying to finish off my plans for Ignite.

What does "bookmark" a lab mean? Most are full, some have a wait list, others say "Bookmark" but that has a note that says "This does not give you a seat in the lab". What's the point of the bookmark?

What does "bookmark" a lab mean? Most are full, some have a wait list, others say "Bookmark" but that has a note that says "This does not give you a seat in the lab". What's the point of the bookmark?

To make you feel good about a possible seat if a person does not show.

I think it just puts in a place holder/reminder into your schedule.. I am trying to figure out how to put a focus group reminder into my schedule..

I’m really excited to go to the conference! We’re going to make a vacation of things the weekend after the conference and go to Dolphin Cove and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It will be my first time at an official Microsoft event, and I'm looking forward to all the devops seasions. I didn't realize how fast things would fill up, and only found out about the celebration this week. My wife was also super disappointed that the companion passes were sold out. If anyone has a companion pass that they’re not going to use, I’d love to meet up and purchase it so we can enjoy the evening together. Thank you so much!

I can't seem to PM you, but I have an extra pass available for Thursday night. PM me or leave your cell number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!