Minor Child Account/Not Traveling With Us

glvsav37

DIS Veteran
My 16 year old is traveling with her friends family next week. Traditionally we have managed her account. She is too young for her own account but we need to give her some way to be herself and the other family the ability to add the park passes they purchased and make G+/LL selections for their group.

to complicate things (maybe), we will be there as well but not with her. We will be using my wifes account which traditionally she is attached to. So it’s not like she can just be logged into MDE as my wife or I.

how do we handle this? Thanks

Two or more people can be logged into the same MDE account at the same time, so that is an option. However, she can and should also be linked to the other family’s MDE in their Friends & Family list, which would allow them to book LLs and VQs that include her. Her park tickets can be linked to her by them via MDE if they buy them, or you can link them via your MDE if you buy them. Same for Genie+.

Have she already bought tickets? And whose account are they in?

If she has not bought her tickets yet, why can't she have her own account with her ticket, and then be F&F with you and the other family. You could set it so you can see all her plans, and the other family would be able to book LL etc for her.

If she's 16, sounds like the right time to turn over the account to her, and then allow her on the F&F list for you, and (temporarily at least) the other family she's traveling with.

The family she is staying with should add her as a 'friend' or whatever Disney calls that to their MDE account. Making ADR's or Genie reservations would be the majority of what they would need to do. On their room reservation they could just add her as they would any of their own children and wouldn't need to be that complicated. I would give her either cash/gift card/credit card to use for paying for food/snacks/souvenirs on her own. That would less complicated then doing a room charge and having to reimburse the other family for those expenses.

Last edited:
My 16 year old is traveling with her friends family next week. Traditionally we have managed her account. She is too young for her own account
Are you sure she can't make her own account? I thought that was an option for age 14 and up, maybe 16 and up.
use of any MBs on her other profile. She won't be able to use any existing MBs unless you get her profile transferred/merged from your wife's account to the daughter's new account.

We will be using my wifes account which traditionally she is attached to. So it’s not like she can just be logged into MDE as my wife or I.
Multiple people can be logged into the same MDE account. I don't believe it will impact anything for DD or you&DW.

So either 1) have her create her own account and link the tickets to that account, or 2) just link the tickets to her current profile and share with the friend's parents as Friends & Family.

Considering theme park reservations are getting slim for next week, I strongly recommend she do the quicker option. Does the family know they need theme park reservations? It doesn't look like MK is available until 7/8 at this point, though they could hop.

For charging - just give her a Disney gift card to use for her expenses.

My 16 year old is traveling with her friends family next week. Traditionally we have managed her account. She is too young for her own account but we need to give her some way to be herself and the other family the ability to add the park passes they purchased and make G+/LL selections for their group.

to complicate things (maybe), we will be there as well but not with her. We will be using my wifes account which traditionally she is attached to. So it’s not like she can just be logged into MDE as my wife or I.

how do we handle this? Thanks
She can just log into the account using your name/password.
When we go to Disney, Mt husband, son and I all log in with the same username/password at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter