Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

Hmm, good news for those needing tix, if it is true.
However, not sure how much faith I would have in the persons response when we know there are 0 FP+ options

Ah yes the good old days. Back when you could walk on to the non headliners attractions and didn't need a FP to see a show. LOL.

BTW I will update if I get a call back and buy tickets.

I have a reservation for Dec at WL and have not ordered my tickets yet through SOG because didn't know if we was gonna go or not because all this new regulations and stuff. So now I see something that they are only gonna sell till June 8 is that correct? What if I order and dont go thats still up in the air and what it I decide to go after June 8. Then will they still offer tickets?

Interesting that they will sell tickets until June 8. I'm stuck with deciding whether to buy one Salute ticket now and hope we actually go on our scheduled trip in November (three of us, two of us have tickets already) or wait it out and hope I can purchase a ticket at a later date for the 3rd member if we actually decide to take the trip. I think I'll probably wait, as I'm really not sure whether we'll actually go on the trip since I won't go if everything is still so limited. Just not worth the cost. OTOH, having a a trip with potentially smaller crowds is very appealing. Decisions, decisions!
Me too.. We have reservations for Dec and are in the same boat not gonna go if still restrictions.. so I guess I'll wait on tickets.. don't want to buy then can't use and get refunded..

I have a reservation for Dec at WL and have not ordered my tickets yet through SOG because didn't know if we was gonna go or not because all this new regulations and stuff. So now I see something that they are only gonna sell till June 8 is that correct? What if I order and dont go thats still up in the air and what it I decide to go after June 8. Then will they still offer tickets?

I think you answered your own question, but in case you're still deciding:

Salute tickets are still non-refundable, so if you don't go, your only option right now is to use the value paid toward another ticket in the future. HOWEVER, that is being done for those with tickets that couldn't go because of the closure and cannot reschedule due to DOD restrictions and/or orders that prevent them from going this year. I'm not sure that grace will be applied to everyone who just decides in the end not to go.

After June 8, I expect there will be a short time where no tickets are sold anywhere until Disney gets a handle on how many people have tickets and are still going. At some point, all venues will resume ticket sales, but there is no way of knowing when that will be and when/if FP+ will be reinstated and thus require a need to have tickets before your trip.

Just got this 20 minutes ago:

Dear Guest,

Your email has been received. A ticket clerk will contact you as soon as possible.

This is a system generated email. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,

Shades of Green Ticket Staff

Update: Got a call this morning, (June 4) provided my credit card info. I got an e-mail with the Fed-ex tracking number.

Last edited:
Submitted my order form via email on Monday (June 1). Just now received the call to finalize the order followed shortly by email with FedEx tracking info.

Received my tickets via FedEx today! I was able to link and assign the tickets in MDE without issue. We have a reservation at AKL in December... now we wait. Fingers crossed that everything works out for everyone!!

My sister is military we are staying at the shades of green resort July 24-30
We planned to buy tickets when we are there should she buy them now ???
Can she buy them at the base ???

Also does anyone know if I bought tickets now when I have to use them by ??
The last time we bought tickets at the shades we bought one five day salute ticket and five three day base tickets. On none of them did I remember having to say what days I wanted to use them but the salute ticket had to be used by mid December and the other tickets we used for New Year’s Eve
Can anyone post or sent me the current price list ?? Thanks

My sister is military we are staying at the shades of green resort July 24-30
We planned to buy tickets when we are there should she buy them now ???
Can she buy them at the base ???

I'd email SOG ASAP. Some people are reporting they're able to order them now. Someone said in this or another thread they're going to stop selling June 8. (I've been having bad luck trying to add on 2 days to tickets I already have.)

Also does anyone know if I bought tickets now when I have to use them by ??
The last time we bought tickets at the shades we bought one five day salute ticket and five three day base tickets. On none of them did I remember having to say what days I wanted to use them but the salute ticket had to be used by mid December and the other tickets we used for New Year’s Eve
Can anyone post or sent me the current price list ?? Thanks
Military Salute tickets expire 12/18/20. The Magic Your Way tickets (DH bought 2 of these recently so we have 4 total tickets for August) expire in 2030.
SOG has a price list here:
https://www.shadesofgreen.org/application/files/1615/7990/0704/WDW_Price_List.pdf
Good luck, I hope things work out. We also were going to make our purchase in August at SOG.

Thanks !!!
I down loaded a price list and I chatted with a disney person too ...
My sister is going to go on base today and see if she can buy what we need there.
We always buy when we get there so this is different for us this time. If she calls the shades can she buy them over the phone (probably not) and if she goes on base can she buy them so that we can link them now ??
We plan to buy five six day plus promotion tickets and three three day base tickets to possibly use for New Year’s Eve
She is set to retire after 24 years of service in the Airforce so this end of July trip is our celebration because she could not have a formal ceremony !!!!

Just got this 20 minutes ago:

Dear Guest,

Your email has been received. A ticket clerk will contact you as soon as possible.

This is a system generated email. Please do not reply.

Sincerely,

Shades of Green Ticket Staff

Update: Got a call this morning, (June 4) provided my credit card info. I got an e-mail with the Fed-ex tracking number.

I received an email wed about finalizing an order that started a few weeks ago. I emailed my contact number that day but haven't heard back. Did you have to send out any emails to them other than your initial email?

I am starting to get worried that I am not going to hear back from them and will miss out on tickets for my Sept/Oct trip.

Thanks

Thanks !!!
My sister is going to go on base today and see if she can buy what we need there.
We always buy when we get there so this is different for us this time. If she calls the shades can she buy them over the phone (probably not) and if she goes on base can she buy them so that we can link them now ??
We plan to buy five six day plus promotion tickets and three three day base tickets to possibly use for New Year’s Eve
She is set to retire after 24 years of service in the Airforce so this end of July trip is our celebration because she could not have a formal ceremony !!!!
I hope she called the ITT/MWR office on base first to see if they are open. Congrats on her retirement!

Thanks !!!

Congrats on the retirement. Since you're staying at Shades, they should email the ticket numbers to you and you be able to link once you have them. For those not staying at Shades, they ship them via FedEx and then you can link.

Thanks ... I will let her know the options
Ticket office opens at 11 today so I told her to get the tickets at the base if possible (that would get us them for sure and we can link them I think to our shades reservation which is already in our my disney experience) if at 11 we find out that we can’t get those tickets at moody then she will call the shades (we could drive to the shades because we are all relatively local but they do not open till July 1)

I will update if we get any new info

thanks !!!!!

I received an email wed about finalizing an order that started a few weeks ago. I emailed my contact number that day but haven't heard back. Did you have to send out any emails to them other than your initial email?

I am starting to get worried that I am not going to hear back from them and will miss out on tickets for my Sept/Oct trip.

Thanks
I emailed my order form to SOG this last Monday (June 1). I never did receive the email response about finalizing the order, but they did call me yesterday (June 4) and finished the order. Response times seem all over the place. I have no doubt they are swamped with the approaching deadline.

Thanks

I got the form Tuesday, filled it out and sent it back. Wednesday I got an e-mail that I would be contacted, and Thursday I got the call.

So you should get a call today if things are working on the same timeline. I don't know if they are working Saturdays.

I hope you hear something today!!!

Thanks !!!

Congrats on your sister's retirement!!
I hope you can get tickets today on base.

edit: SOG tickets come already activated. It's been a while but when we bought on base, they give vouchers that you can link to MDE immediately (and activate tickets at the park.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!