Mikkel (PixyDusted's) & Jason's PJ - DCL 9/26/2009 - HAIR ACCESSORIES

Mikkel!!! I miss you! Your BM dresses are awesome! I don't spend a lot of time on dis anymore but I'd be glad to tell you all about our wedding over chocolate martinis. I'll call you soon and we'll meet up. Deal? Can't wait to hear all your plans too!

I can't meet up for chocolate martinis until January when I run the marathon but I sure want to hear about your wedding too!!!!! popcorn::

I hope I see a trip report from Mikkel at least! Pretty please :lovestruc

Love the dresses Mikkel! The color is so beautiful!!

:rotfl: I was going to say you and your sister look exactly alike!:rotfl: then i read a little further and saw that it was you in her dress!

Love the dresses Mikkel! The color is so beautiful!!

:rotfl: I was going to say you and your sister look exactly alike!:rotfl: then i read a little further and saw that it was you in her dress!

Haha - we look similar but not that similar! :lmao:

Here's my sister and me (uh, no - she's not a natural blonde...her hair's actually naturally darker than mine):

DSC_0192_1-1.jpg

DSC_0187_1-1.jpg

She is the one making my wedding dress. :bride:

We haven't had any updates lately Mikkel! How's the planning coming along?

I know, I've been bad about updating you guys! I've been so busy with a new job (I got an amazing job working for Universal Creative (sort of the Universal equivalent of Imagineering) on the Harry Potter project team! So I love my job and because of that I just love doing work for it! So it's sort of taken over! LOL.

Anyway, I have a short update for the time being...

Here's the locket I won on ebay! I really loved the antique look and the waves and stuff on the outside. Plus, it has 2 slots for photos and I want to put 2 photos in of my grandfathers that have passed away. I ended up winning it for $60 on ebay and I found a 50% off coupon for Paypal so it was only $30!! It's really nice - worth every penny and worry over whether or not I was going to win the auction for an affordable price. It's yellow gold and all my jewelry is white gold but I figured no big deal - who's really going to know the difference? I just want to know that my grandfathers are somehow at my wedding and perhaps get a photo snapped of the bouquet with the locket by the photographer we've hired (oh yeah, I have to update you on that too!).

Here's the locket:

LocketFront.jpg

LocketMiddle.jpg

LocketSide.jpg

Pretty, right? It's pretty small - no more than 1.5" square. Perfect for the bouquet!

Okay so next thing...

Lisa and I met in person! She got married on the November 2nd sailing aboard Disney's Wonder - she's Goldeelox9 on the DIS boards for all you lurkers. :goodvibes Anyway, we talk on the phone and we've formed a nice friendship so I was just THRILLED to meet her and Pete in person when they were here on their honeymoon!

Here we are at the Grand Floridian:

LisaMikkel2.jpg

And I surprised her and Pete with a keepsake cake since I knew that her shower was themed on pink gerber daisies and her bridesmaids' bouquets had them too (it's a "dummy" cake - styrofoam cake decorated with real sugar stuff so they can keep it forever at home!):

LisaPete_WedCake.jpg

Okay, back to my report - the reason I bring up Lisa is because she told me that it was fine in the end, however for $900 (what she had to pay to get the disk of their photos) and an argument with Shutters over just how many photos they'd be receiving on the disk, aside from having to spend 3 hours of their precious cruise time deciding on what pictures to choose to have printed AND having to art direct the "novice" photographer herself...she told me that it's worth paying for a photographer to sail with us. So I mentioned I had thought of that months ago but due to our "budget" I thought if I could just get the disk I'd deal with whatever the ship's photographers could do (the photos are VERY important to me). Well, with this new revelation (can't just buy the disk) I was back to this mentality - and I had her explain this to my fiance, Jason, in person when we met up for a drink.

Jason thought I was, "crazy if you think someone's going to sail with us and photograph the event, then hand over the disk for free." I told him that it wasn't free - we'd be paying for the photographer's cruise and ask that he/she give us a disk of all the photos in return. I said, "Just watch - I'll find someone."

I immediately started looking! I LOVE the photo journalistic style of photography so that was an added challenge. It's hard to find people who work in that style and it's even harder to find people who excel at it. Well I found one! He advertised his services on Craigslist and, long story short, he's flying in from California with his wife (I said we'd pay for him and a guest since the price for 2 people to sail in 1 room is the same as if 1 person were to sail in that same room) to photograph our wedding! And it's a thorough contract so I think we're set. :woohoo:

Additionally, the BONUS to this is that not only will I get INCREDIBLE photos in the style that I want, but he's going to photograph the "getting ready" part of the day and also tons of photos on the beach, around the ship and later that night when we all go out to cotinue the celebrations. :yay: And you don't get that with the ship's photographer so I'm thrilled. I called DFTW (Cathy) to get it IN WRITING that I was able to do this. I was told that as long as he's sailing as a paying guest it's fine. Here's the photographer's website: http://noelhadley.com

So basically I'm getting everything I want in a photographer and more (and all the photos I want on a disk as opposed to Shutter's 75 photos on the disk) for about $300 more than what the ship's photographer costs. Nice. ;) (Can you see me jumping up and down?) :cheer2: PLUS all the getting ready photos, etc. AND basically all the time I would've spent choosing photos on the ship... WOO HOO!! :dance3: AND he's a REAL PROFESSIONAL!!! AND photo journalistic! AND...okay, I'll stop there. You get the point. :yay:

I finished up our newsletter, edition 1, but I have to post that another time. I have to leave something to your curiousity right? And I made the cutest tank tops for my 3 bridesmaids - but again, I have to do that in the next post (really because I need to take/upload photos of the tank tops).

In other news, I met Cathy and her boss Cindy for lunch Dec. 8th with my fiance due to my unhappiness thus far with how things are handled. I said this in another post so I won't go on about it here forever, but I will say this public service announcement: I think Cathy does a slightly less than satisfactory job - and that's NOT ACCEPTABLE for a wedding, especially a DISNEY wedding. If you'd like to know more about my meeting w/them please pm me.

People are slowly backing out of coming on our cruise. That's okay - we're shocked the people backing out booked in the first place! But with a total of around 70-75 guests sailing with us, I'm a-okay that people are dropping. Don't get me wrong - the more the merrier. But it just means less expense for us with the gift bags.

I'm in touch with The Perfect Gift as well about using an outside florist b/c I want to cut costs there and I know I'll get more "bang for my buck" going that route. I'll keep you updated as I know more.

Next thing on my "to-do" list is going to be making luggage tags for everyone sailing with us (I have the fabric all cut for those - just have to find the time to sew them) and finish up the Planning Kit.

Until then, thanks for reading!

(Hey Lisa, if I'm leaving out any details you think are good for other DCL brides to know just yell at me. ;) )

Holy crap you met Lisa!!! That's awesome. Um.. why was I not invited to that meeting? Hmmmmm????

Hey Girlie! What a great picture of us. I LOVE your locket! LOVE IT! I am jelous in avance of your pictures, just so you know! You are going to have some AWESOME ones. I am so mad I didn't "hire" an outside photographer!

Tracy...We are coming back in Nov.....ok almost a year from now. We can all meet up then, promise!

OMG how awesome about the photogropher Great idea! Cant wait to read more details!

It's so great that you are able to bring your own photographer!!

I really hope that your talk with Cathy was able to get some things changed!!!

I love all your plans so far.

You're making me jealous because my wedding is gonna be so plain in comparison to yours.:thumbsup2

DF and I are getting married on the Wonder on the 27th of April. We get off the ship same day you get on.

Tracy...We are coming back in Nov.....ok almost a year from now. We can all meet up then, promise!

We should! That'd be awesome!

I love all your plans so far.

You're making me jealous because my wedding is gonna be so plain in comparison to yours.:thumbsup2

DF and I are getting married on the Wonder on the 27th of April. We get off the ship same day you get on.

AHHH! So fun! Too bad the time between your arrival back and port and our arrival to get on is spread apart. I can't wait to hear all about your wedding though! Do you have PJ? I am CERTAIN your wedding will be just as great as ours!!!

I made this monogram for stuff for our wedding tonight...working on another one at the moment. (Though I really should be in bed at 1:25am!)

The colors are wonky on photobucket but it's aqua (like our invitations) and there's a small outline on the "S" in, what I consider, a mango color.

Monogram-1.jpg

love all your planning so far! Your so crafty, I need some to keep reading your PJ so you inspire me to be more creative, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter