Mickey Wake Up Call?

beachphotog

Pass me a margarita
Everyone on the DIS is always telling you to get the wake up call because there is a character on the other end of the line. When we stayed at POR at the beginning of December, we dutifully punched in our time for our wake up call and went to bed. The next morning, the phone rings. My mom tells me to answer it, because she knows that it should be the Mickey saying, "It's time to wake up!" So, I answer the phone and what do I hear? Nothing. Not a peep. The phone rang and no one was there.
We though maybe that was a one time thing, so the next night we tried again. And the next morning, same results. This cycle continued for the rest of the week. Finally, my dad went up to guest services of POR, and they told him... get this, "Oh, we don't do those wake up calls anymore.":scared1:
Now, tell me people, have you been recently and received the Mickey wake up call? Is it just POR that doesn't do it anymore? And why wouldn't they? It's not like Mickey is individually dialing each room to wake up its occupants. :confused3

Everyone on the DIS is always telling you to get the wake up call because there is a character on the other end of the line. When we stayed at POR at the beginning of December, we dutifully punched in our time for our wake up call and went to bed. The next morning, the phone rings. My mom tells me to answer it, because she knows that it should be the Mickey saying, "It's time to wake up!" So, I answer the phone and what do I hear? Nothing. Not a peep. The phone rang and no one was there.
We though maybe that was a one time thing, so the next night we tried again. And the next morning, same results. This cycle continued for the rest of the week. Finally, my dad went up to guest services of POR, and they told him... get this, "Oh, we don't do those wake up calls anymore.":scared1:
Now, tell me people, have you been recently and received the Mickey wake up call? Is it just POR that doesn't do it anymore? And why wouldn't they? It's not like Mickey is individually dialing each room to wake up its occupants. :confused3
I am SO glad you posted this.:)After receiving wake-up calls for each of my 15 previous trips,I had the same experience you had during my December 10-15 stay at All-Star Sports.

I just thought it was something wrong with my phone.I never did take the time to check on it and really missed the calls.

At least I know now it is property-wide.I am going to email Guest services for an official explanation.:)

I was just at BWI on Dec. 10 - 13 and did get the Stitch/Mickey wake-up call. I don't know why it was not working for you!

Well,we now have 2 Resorts(POR,All-Star Sports)who did not receive the wake up calls and one Resort(BWI)who did.This is very strange.

Do we have reports from any other resorts?

I have emailed GS and will let you know when I get a response.:)

Well,we now have 2 Resorts(POR,All-Star Sports)who did not receive the wake up calls and one Resort(BWI)who did.This is very strange.

Do we have reports from any other resorts?

I have emailed GS and will let you know when I get a response.:)

I just returned from POFQ and did not receive the character wake up calls just a phone ringing :(

I recieved the character wake up calls in Aug at POR & WL. I would be very sad if they discontinue it. Maybe if everyone e-mails WDW they will bring it back. I hope they have them in Jan, it really is part of the magic! I love it.
WDW are you listening?

Just returned from Pop 12/9 to 12/16. We received the High School Musical song as our wakeup call. My son was very disappointed, as was I.

We were at WL Dec 5-8. We had the Stitch/Mickey call. I would be so sad if they discontinued the character wake up calls. For us, it's one of the perks of staying onsite.

I know that sometimes in the past you had to answer the phone and wait a few seconds before the "talking" would kick in. Personally, we stopped requesting them as we can't stand Stitch and listening to him rant and rant until Mickey comes on was annoying (hence, we use our cell phone for our alarm clock/wake up call).

I know that sometimes in the past you had to answer the phone and wait a few seconds before the "talking" would kick in. Personally, we stopped requesting them as we can't stand Stitch and listening to him rant and rant until Mickey comes on was annoying (hence, we use our cell phone for our alarm clock/wake up call).
Yes,I tried waitimg at least a minute for Mickey to start talking,but there was nothing.

There must be something up with the calls because of the POR GS statement they had been discontinued.:)

We were at Saratoga Springs from December 13th - 16th and had Stitch/Mickey wakeup calls.
Weird!

We were at AKV 12/6-12/12 and had the Mickey/Stitch calls. Sometimes you have to wait a little for it to kick in.

Another tip I heard (don't know if it is true) is to make your wake up for an off time to ensure getting the characters. So if you want to get up at 8 am make the wake up for 7:55 or 8:05.

To piggy back on this - make the time even more strange than 5 minutes before or after For 8:00 am try 7:53 or 8:03 most folks do not think of those times and teh recorder isn't so busy!

At Pop early December, set it up, got a call, a real person said someone has something to say to you or words to that effect than got the character message. Wasn't quite what I had expected but it worked.

We stayed at the Grand Floridian 12/12-12/16 and had a Stitch/Mickey wakeup call each morning. My nephews thought it was great! :goodvibes

Thanks to everyone who responded. It's seems like a mixed group of responses, and all from around the same time we were there! We even tried leaving it for an off time, like 6:53, and we would wait a minute before hanging up. It's just so weird!:confused3

I was at CSR from 12/3 - 12/8 and did not get the characters. Then I was at POFQ from 12/8 - 12/17 and still did not get the characters. I did miss it.

....we stopped requesting them as we can't stand Stitch and listening to him rant and rant until Mickey comes on was annoying...

^^^ You don't like Stitch? :scared1: When we stayed at WL last June we didn't get the characters, but then again I never gave it a chance for it to 'kick in' as I would always hang up before anyone 'spoke' on the other end of the line. It's quite possible the wake up calls had the characters but I never heard them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter