Met Any Celebs While Touring?

volfan1978

SuperDad
Anyone have stories of meeting celebrities at Disney parks? I'm not talking a planned meet and greet or show or something...I mean you just happened to see a celebrity doing Disney like anyone else.

I'll start...we were at Epcot Monday 5/25 and randomly bumped into Garrett Clayton (Tanner from Teen Beach Movie) in the shops at the Morocco pavilion. I noticed him and was pretty sure it was him, but I had to consult my 8 yo daughter for confirmation. We asked him for a quick pic and he obliged...he was very nice and didn't seem at all bothered by our request.

We saw Adrian Peterson on Sunday, May 24th at Animal Kingdom. I was in line for Nemo and he was walking by after taking a picture with a group of kids.
I did speak to him for about a minute though.

I'll start...we were at Epcot Monday 5/25 and randomly bumped into Garrett Clayton (Tanner from Teen Beach Movie) in the shops at the Morocco pavilion. I noticed him and was pretty sure it was him, but I had to consult my 8 yo daughter for confirmation. We asked him for a quick pic and he obliged...he was very nice and didn't seem at all bothered by our request.

Cool-most of the major Disney Channel Stars were at WDW that weekend for appearances at the 24 hour MK Party.:)

We saw Adrian Peterson on Sunday, May 24th at Animal Kingdom. I was in line for Nemo and he was walking by after taking a picture with a group of kids.
I did speak to him for about a minute though.

Wow..I was at AK that day as well. I would've loved to have met and got a pick with him.

..then convince him to get away from the Vikings and join my Saints lol

Cool-most of the major Disney Channel Stars were at WDW that weekend for appearances at the 24 hour MK Party.:)
He probably stayed for the 24-hour party after the Teen Beach stars kicked off the Typhoon Lagoon Beach Party on the 22nd!

December I believe it was, we saw Jenelle from 16 and pregnant/teen mom. Her and her mom lol.

Unfortunately that's the only "celeb" I've encountered.

We saw John Stewart at HS. It was November of last year. He was within a few feet of me but I refrained from approaching him. I'm sure he wanted to tour in peace.
I saw John Stewart Christmas of 2013. His was staying at the AK and he was in the concierge lounge with his family. I also did not approach him. Robin Williams rode Soarin' right above me. The front row of the loading queue was left open until the last moment and Williams and his entourage suddenly walked up right before the doors opened.

Met Sean Astin at DCA during last year's Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. He's a big runner and speaks at the rundisney Expos. He and his family were coming off of Grizzly, absolutely soaked to the bone. As usual, seeing 2+ "plaids" together is what clued me in that *someone* was there; the CMs took his family off to the giftshop to buy some new clothes, and he graciously, kindly, and nicely greeted the fans that noticed him. We waited to really see if he was cool with greeting people and then went and asked to have a picture. He chatted with my son, he and I talked running...it was very nice. He would have preferred it if we had seen his newer stuff, but alas, LOTR is the only place DS has seen him.

(I also saw, from afar, Kevin Federline shortly after his and Britney Spears' divorce. 2 "plaids" standing in the smoking section near Pirates caught my eye. I didn't have an interest in meeting him, but he was a celeb at the time.)

I saw David Hasselhoff and one of his daughters in the area between DL and DCA! I was surprised to see that it didn't appear he had any kind of handler or VIP guide

I saw Buddy from Cake Boss and his family back in October. It was the day before DH and I's wedding and we were in line for EE. A CM brought Buddy and his family over to the front of the train and DH and I ended up sitting a few rows behind them! It was kinda cool!

Met Sean Astin at DCA during last year's Disneyland Half Marathon weekend. He's a big runner and speaks at the rundisney Expos. He and his family were coming off of Grizzly, absolutely soaked to the bone. As usual, seeing 2+ "plaids" together is what clued me in that *someone* was there; the CMs took his family off to the giftshop to buy some new clothes, and he graciously, kindly, and nicely greeted the fans that noticed him. We waited to really see if he was cool with greeting people and then went and asked to have a picture. He chatted with my son, he and I talked running...it was very nice. He would have preferred it if we had seen his newer stuff, but alas, LOTR is the only place DS has seen him.

(I also saw, from afar, Kevin Federline shortly after his and Britney Spears' divorce. 2 "plaids" standing in the smoking section near Pirates caught my eye. I didn't have an interest in meeting him, but he was a celeb at the time.)

Your son hasn't watched The Goonies?o_O

If reality show participants count as celebrities, we saw a couple from the Amazing Race at Epcot back in the early 2000s. I don't remember their names. My wife and I were big fans of the show at the time, and this couple had done real well in one of the early seasons. She came from the bathroom area and said she saw them. I doubled back to see, and sure enough, they were there with a church or school group. I didn't approach them.

I saw Neil Patrick Harris when I was 7 years old at Epcot. At the time I had no idea who he was and was more interested in meeting the Disney characters. :)

He probably stayed for the 24-hour party after the Teen Beach stars kicked off the Typhoon Lagoon Beach Party on the 22nd!
Yes,all the DC Stars started the 22nd in Magic Kingdom and then they drove the 4 TB2 stars over to TL later that day and then back to MK for their apppearances at DC Club Chill in Tomorrowland.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter