Merchandise Delivery from Galaxy Edge to hotel?

AndrewC

DIS Veteran
So the Disneyland Hotel mentions merchandise delivery as one of the benefits of staying there, it says...

"Merchandise Delivery
Leave theme park purchases at the store and pick them up at your hotel!
Now there’s no need to carry souvenirs around while enjoying your day at Disneyland Resort! Sending packages directly to the hotel is quick, easy and worry-free. During your transaction, simply tell the retail clerk and arrangements will be made—at no extra charge. Merchandise can be picked up at the hotel’s Bell Services desk after 7:00 AM the next day."

Does anyone know if that includes things from Galaxy's Edge, specifically the custom light sabers. It would be very nice to knock that out first thing and then be able to try and fit in a couple other things without having to carry that around...

Interesting since the CMs in GE aren't really aware of the outside world in character, however I bet they could possibly arrange shipping something off world.

I have no idea about the answer to your question, but I can tell you this story: when we stayed at the DLH a couple months ago, we bought some merch from Bing Bong's in DCA. We asked the cashier if he could have it delivered to our rooms and... he had no idea what we were talking about. He asked another CM, and no one in the store had any idea that there was any kind of merchandise delivery to the hotels. So we ended up just taking the stuff to a locker. I meant to mention this to guest services at some point, but totally forgot about it until just now. YMMV!

Interesting since the CMs in GE aren't really aware of the outside world in character, however I bet they could possibly arrange shipping something off world.

I have no idea about the answer to your question, but I can tell you this story: when we stayed at the DLH a couple months ago, we bought some merch from Bing Bong's in DCA. We asked the cashier if he could have it delivered to our rooms and... he had no idea what we were talking about. He asked another CM, and no one in the store had any idea that there was any kind of merchandise delivery to the hotels. So we ended up just taking the stuff to a locker. I meant to mention this to guest services at some point, but totally forgot about it until just now. YMMV!

Interesting, this was my experience as well last year. I wasn't 100% sure I had seen this posted before as a benefit but I thought I had, I asked one of the photo cast members that were selling character dining photos and they said they could have it at the front gate (near where you rent wheel chairs and strollers and stuff) and I could pick it up, which I did, but I was really hoping it would be back at the front desk of the hotel... *cough* $475/night rooms *cough*

Last year, we were going to have merchandise we purchased in DCA delivered to our room at GCH, but the CM in the store warned us that the delivery won't be until sometime the next day and discouraged us from using the service.

Last year, we were going to have merchandise we purchased in DCA delivered to our room at GCH, but the CM in the store warned us that the delivery won't be until sometime the next day and discouraged us from using the service.

I would be fine with the next day delivery to the front desk, I’ll be staying five days and hopefully knock out some Star Wars stuff early on. However, my experience with them actually knowing about this service is really hit or miss. Someone ask the people in Star Wars if they transport off world to the DLH, especially if they have experience in smuggling lightsabers out. (Ie, deliver my custom made saber to the DLH for me :P)

There was a sign, albeit small, on the counter at the Droid Depot when you pay. It was next to a sign regarding limited warranty options.

I’ve purchased a large canvas art piece from the gallery in DTD. We retrieved it upon check out with Bell Hop. There are certain times the hotel retrieved items. For us, there wasn’t time to get it to our room. And since it was a large box, it was fine leaving it with luggage services.

The lightsabers are super easy to carry- they come with a padded carrying case that slings easily over your shoulder. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The lightsabers are super easy to carry- they come with a padded carrying case that slings easily over your shoulder. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

But aren’t they still like ~30 inch long? That might be easy to carry, but seems a pain getting in and off rides... and might not fit in a locker somewhere...

But aren’t they still like ~30 inch long? That might be easy to carry, but seems a pain getting in and off rides... and might not fit in a locker somewhere...
I didn't have any difficulty, though in all fairness, the only ride I rode with my saber was Smugglers Run.

I am also thinking the same about carry around all day... the hubby and I would love to each do our own sabers, we plan on being in the parks all day at WDW, has anyone else tried having it sent back to their room with good luck? Im concerned with the size and not being able to get it into a locker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!