Memories Weddings and VRs! Chat Here!

Thanks so much for posting the package disney gives you at booking. I'm going with the roses and hydrangeas bouquet in light blue and white. My dd is going to carry a hydrangea pommander. My twins 1 will carry balloons. Do you think the florist can get me those?

I like the idea of that 24 image 8x8 book too. $65 seems quite reasonable. I figured we'd just use my sister's pictures but if that book is of good quality I'll go with that.

My up theme is coming together. I've ordered grape soda pins for everyone. I even managed to find mini grape soda bottlecap earrings for myself. DD and I are going to wear silver sequined (promise they are subtle) Minnie ears. As I've said the babies will carry balloons and I have a cake designed. The Etsy artist said she can make my Carl and Ellie cake topper. I'll add it to the cake we have at the Garden View Lounge with our tea following the ceremony.

My parents want to come, but that would put us at 7 guests. Does Disney ever allow one extra person? They say they don't have to come to the ceremony that they will just meet us after for tea. We really don't want to upgrade to an Escape package. Just want to keep it simple. Anyone have an answer on this?

I know we are doing some crazy things with the ears, pins and balloons, but since it is a VR I wanted it to be fun not serious. The children will probably even wear shorts and colourful shirts, instead of dressing up. Everyone wants to be comfy. DH is wearing shorts and a golf shirt, but I'm going to wear my original wedding dress. Still fits even after dd and twins.:woohoo:

Children aged 2 and under are not counted towards the guest minimum. The way I read your post, it sounds like your twins will be 1 at the time - so your daughter, you and your husband, and your parents would just be 5 guests.

Children aged 2 and under are not counted towards the guest minimum. The way I read your post, it sounds like your twins will be 1 at the time - so your daughter, you and your husband, and your parents would just be 5 guests.

My two sisters are already booked to join us. We'd come in at 7 with my parents. Bit of a bummer.

I am worried about not getting the time that we want as well. We are shooting for Oct 1st 9AM at Luau Beach. If for some reason that does not happen we will do Narcossees landing at 9AM. Either way, we want a 9AM time slot.

What time do you think I should ask the hair and makeup lady to come? Were staying at CRS so it will be a little bit of a drive in the limo to be over there.

Hi everyone! I posted this on the main board, and littlestinkerebell replied (thankyou:goodvibes) but I thought some of you may be able to help too.
I would love to have a memories VR next March. We have a Disney dream cruise booked, leaving Sunday, and we'd love to have our VR that morning and then head straight to the ship. I've read elsewhere that you cannot have your wedding on a check-out day. Does anyone know if that applies to the memories or if it is flexible (maybe as I'm off on a disney cruise). I know I can't book for a while yet, but don't want to get my hopes up if not possible. I guess we could try and book it for Saturday but love the idea of heading straight to the ship.
Thanks everyone. Have loved reading all your posts!

Thats a really good question, I honestly have no clue if that still applies to the Memories Collection. I would give them a call and ask the disney wedding line. I would think that maybe they would work with you considering you are checking out, but your heading for a Disney Cruise.:confused3

So glad to see this thread resurface!!!
Just got a e mail from Rev Jack saying he is penciling me in for the date (October) I hope to get when I call about our memories vow renewal in April.
He said my packet will be in the mail in about 7 days.
Can I ask anyone who has used him how it went?
His site looks good and he looks pleasant. I really don't feel like shopping around.
I just want someone who will make it special and not feel to rushed.
thanks!!!

Looking at the picture posted it looks like it is on the beach near GF so it wouldn't effect the Luau Beach since it is between the WP and Poly.

I am looking at Oct 22 at 3PM at Conch Key. My anniversary is the 23rd but I'm thinking it might be nice to have that day to relax.
Will see what they tell me is available.

Wait! I'm confused, are you allowed to have 6 guests besides the bride and groom or just 4? The officiant doesn't count as a guest does he?

Wait! I'm confused, are you allowed to have 6 guests besides the bride and groom or just 4? The officiant doesn't count as a guest does he?

yes, 6 in total including bride and groom, the officiant does not count unless it is not an officiant from the disney list.

Disney Event Photography just added the option to add a disc of archival images (i.e., printable up to 30x40 inches) to the Memories Collection for $500. :thumbsup2

Disney Event Photography just added the option to add a disc of archival images (i.e., printable up to 30x40 inches) to the Memories Collection for $500. :thumbsup2

Good to know! I wonder if they'd let us go back and order it even though our event was last year. Although I wish they'd had this option before I spent a small fortune on prints thinking that was the only format I could get them in:sad2:.

for 500.00 you can get a video of your wedding and a DVD of photo's , from chapman photography with video stan , for 125.00 more , you can get a live webcast

Can I add on an MK portrait session for the morning? Is that allowed with a Memories wedding?

Also... how would you even do that? I hear that these things fill up like a year in advance, but you can't book a Memories wedding until... eight months in advance, i think?
So, if you're allowed to book a MK portrait session... do you just book the MK session and hope that there is an opening for a wedding for the dates that you will be there? Or wait until after you book your wedding and hope that there are openings for the MK session?

and.... i am so sorry if i am over-complicating things.

:goodvibes
Can I add on an MK portrait session for the morning? Is that allowed with a Memories wedding?

Also... how would you even do that? I hear that these things fill up like a year in advance, but you can't book a Memories wedding until... eight months in advance, i think?
So, if you're allowed to book a MK portrait session... do you just book the MK session and hope that there is an opening for a wedding for the dates that you will be there? Or wait until after you book your wedding and hope that there are openings for the MK session?

and.... i am so sorry if i am over-complicating things.

Good questions! I look forward to seeing what the experts reply! :goodvibes

Yes.

That's a tough call. I'd call Disney Photographic Services and explain to them that you're doing a Memories wedding and can't book it til 6 months out but want to be pencilled in for a date and see what they say. Some people do book MK shoots a year in advance, but they're not as hard to get as you'd think. Also, DPS can do two shoots in the park simultaneously now b/c they've figured out how to choreograph it so that the two groups don't meet, so that's twice as many opportunities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter