• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memories Weddings and VRs! Chat Here!

does anyone know if we get the AP's with the memory package like you do with wishes and escape weddings ?

No Annual Passes—another way they keep the costs down.

ya, i just saw that, It would have been an excellent bonus :confused3, with the extra photography and the cake we want to add on, plus the 20% discount and the passes, it's almost worth it to upgrade to an escape..... which with the discount would be 3800.00 for sunset point, hmmmmm

ya, i just saw that, It would have been an excellent bonus :confused3, with the extra photography and the cake we want to add on, plus the 20% discount and the passes, it's almost worth it to upgrade to an escape..... which with the discount would be 3800.00 for sunset point, hmmmmm

Sounds like the calculation could come out close with those add-ons! For some reason $250 sticks in my head re: the Escpae cake but I could be totally wrong:laughing:. Also keep in mind that Sunset Pointe is only available from Oct. - March.

anybody know the value of the cake you get with the escape package ?

If you upgrade it, they will apply a $200 credit. I'm not sure the cake itself would actually cost $200 from a Disney bakery—I've seen people on the Cake Thread quoted less...

If you stick with Memories and don't need a 2-tier cake (which feeds 30-50 people), it would be cheaper to pay $100 for a fancy fondant 1-tier cake from the GF, Contemporary, et al.

Can someone please tell me what the deposit fee is for Memories and if I have to be booked at a Disney hotel by the time I make the ressie or do I have a few days?

Thanks

Cat

Can someone please tell me what the deposit fee is for Memories and if I have to be booked at a Disney hotel by the time I make the ressie or do I have a few days?

Thanks

Cat

the deposit is 500.00 and you will need your reservation confirmation number when you sign the contract

So. . .I sent in our Letter of Agreement today!!

Now I just have to wait until our planning pack arrives! Oh. . . and book an officiant, and a meal and order a cake. . . .I have a lot to do!

But, I love :love: wedding planning!

:lovestruc Happy Valentine's Day everyone!:lovestruc

So. . .I sent in our Letter of Agreement today!!

Now I just have to wait until our planning pack arrives! Oh. . . and book an officiant, and a meal and order a cake. . . .I have a lot to do!

But, I love :love: wedding planning!

:lovestruc Happy Valentine's Day everyone!:lovestruc

congrats! It's a great feeling to have that part done. we booked teresa knox, she is so sweet!

Hi. We are planning our Vr renewal for Dec 16 or 17 of 2011. We hope to get Conch Cay at the GF for 3pm with a reception at the Garden View Lounge at 4:15pm for tea. Dh and I have been married 10years and we have three kids; dd 6 and ds and dd 1. We've been through a lot it 10 years. DH suffered horrible migraines and nearly died of irregular heart rhythms. Heart has since been repaired and now headaches are cured since heart surgery. Before our twins, we suffered four miscarriages. So we just figure it would be great to celebrate our life together. We've gotten through a lot and are still going strong. Our life feels like a miracle.

I'm going with an Up theme. The children will carry balloons and I'm going to have an Up cake made. I want it to say "Adventure is out there!" Celebrating a life together. I thought maybe having the mailbox scene on it (the one where Carl and Ellie have their hand prints on the mailbox). I haven't picked flowers or anything yet because we can't book until June 15 so I don't have a package to look at. Great to hear everyone's ideas.

Congratulations!!!
It sounds like you deserve a celebration, this is the right place for advice and ideas. Good Luck!!!

Here are some of my details. Since we've decided on this I'm sooo into the planning. We will have it at GF Conch Cay at 3pm as I've said with tea following. I've decided on an Up theme. The children will carry balloons. I'm going to have dh and ds wear the grape soda pins a boutenneirs (spelling?). You can buy them on Etsy.com. I'm also looking into having an up cake topper made by and Etsy artist. It would be of the scene where Carl and Ellie are at the mailbox. I would then add it to a cake that the GF makes. I'm thinking the cake could be sky blue with balloo'ns and clouds on the sides. I want it to day Adventure is out There and on the plate have written "Celebrating a life together." Would Disney let me add my own topper? More to come. The baby's crying.

If you upgrade it, they will apply a $200 credit. I'm not sure the cake itself would actually cost $200 from a Disney bakery—I've seen people on the Cake Thread quoted less...

If you stick with Memories and don't need a 2-tier cake (which feeds 30-50 people), it would be cheaper to pay $100 for a fancy fondant 1-tier cake from the GF, Contemporary, et al.

I did not know that a 2-tier cake will feed up to 50 people! Or maybe I just wasn't thinking...probably the latter one. :rotfl: Wow - we're going to have a LOT of cake left over!

Congrats to all you doing VRs (and getting married)! DH & I are planning our VR (April 13, 2011) but we're having an Escape "rewedding". If I had known about the Memories package we would have waited and took that pkg! Oh well!

Quandrea - I LOVE your idea for the cake!

Lizbd23 - your dress sounds gorgeous!

I'm in the process of planning a memories wedding too for October 2011 - I am so excited. We've been together for over 15 years - plan to wed 2 days prior to our 16th anniversary of meeting.

I did not know that a 2-tier cake will feed up to 50 people! Or maybe I just wasn't thinking...probably the latter one. :rotfl: Wow - we're going to have a LOT of cake left over!

Well, I admit that's if you cut smaller pieces, but since Disney never includes the top layer of the cake in their guest counts, you always have way more cake than you expect if you don't save it for the anniversary.

Well, I admit that's if you cut smaller pieces, but since Disney never includes the top layer of the cake in their guest counts, you always have way more cake than you expect if you don't save it for the anniversary.

Well since we are renewing our vows for our anniversary - and don't want to "save" the cake for another year (heck we didn't even save our original top of the cake from our wedding!) :rotfl: then big pieces of cake for everyone! :rotfl:

Thanks for the info lurkyloo!

I am still wondering if anyone has pics of the Bright and Bold bouquet yet? Someone told me it looks very similar to the tropical bouquet from the escape collection, but I am wondering what the difference is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter