Member magic Typhoon Lagoon 2019

By chance, did anyone receive an e-mail notification about registration for today's event? In the past, I have always received an e-mail, at least a day or two before, that provides both a reminder and direct link to the event registration.

I did call member services yesterday, to ensure that I was eligible to register, and the cast member with whom I spoke said that changes had been made to the registration process for this event as a result of recent member feedback. It was her understanding that e-mails were not sent, which is one of the changes.

By chance, did anyone receive an e-mail notification about registration for today's event? In the past, I have always received an e-mail, at least a day or two before, that provides both a reminder and direct link to the event registration.

I did call member services yesterday, to ensure that I was eligible to register, and the cast member with whom I spoke said that changes had been made to the registration process for this event as a result of recent member feedback. It was her understanding that e-mails were not sent, which is one of the changes.

I did not get an email reminder.

I did NOT receive an email reminder for today's event. That caused me a moment of worry last night as my onsite reservation is not on points ... but no troubles in today's race. Phew.

I did notice changes in the process: Navigating from the landing page required signing into one's account before entering the Virtual Queue. I figured that was their method for avoiding the earlier problem of finding out, too late, that one's reservation wasn't recognized.

Edited to add: Thank you for confirming that I wasn't alone w/out an email reminder!

I did notice changes in the process: Navigating from the landing page required signing into one's account before entering the Virtual Queue. I figured that was their method for avoiding the earlier problem of finding out, too late, that one's reservation wasn't recognized.
Doesn't appear to be for that reason. We don't have a reservation during that time and I was still able to enter the queue and get to the registration page. Not until after I entered our membership number on the actual registration page did it tell me I wasn't able to register.

Doesn't appear to be for that reason. We don't have a reservation during that time and I was still able to enter the queue and get to the registration page. Not until after I entered our membership number on the actual registration page did it tell me I wasn't able to register.
Rats. I gave Disney's IT some undeserved kudos. I was so impressed, in my head, that they'd done something marvelous, useful, helpful, progressive and proactive. Sigh. At least it seemed to have run smoothly. I can still be impressed for that ... and grateful. Yes.

Rats. I gave Disney's IT some undeserved kudos. I was so impressed, in my head, that they'd done something marvelous, useful, helpful, progressive and proactive. Sigh. At least it seemed to have run smoothly. I can still be impressed for that ... and grateful. Yes.

Perhaps it was to keep ineligible parties like renters from being able to register.

Perhaps it was to keep ineligible parties like renters from being able to register.
Hmm. The MM Registration events have, for a long time, required the member number upfront and member card + ID on check-in. I wouldn't have figured too many renters were successfully attending? (Yep, I could be quite naive.)
My reservation isn't far removed from 'renter' status as I'm staying on property via RCI. I was quite surprised to reach registration success today. Seriously surprised ... in a good way.

Hmm. The MM Registration events have, for a long time, required the member number upfront and member card + ID on check-in. I wouldn't have figured too many renters were successfully attending? (Yep, I could be quite naive.)
My reservation isn't far removed from 'renter' status as I'm staying on property via RCI. I was quite surprised to reach registration success today. Seriously surprised ... in a good way.

Agree renters wouldn't (shouldn't) be able to attend. But if they have any sort of printed confirmation with the member's ID, seems like they could successfully register. Adding the online log-in may just be another layer to eliminate people from the registration queue who would ultimately be turned-away.

Just a theory, though.

I did get an email reminder last night so they did send some out. It came at dinner time yesterday with the link to follow to register

The Moonlight Magic event does not involve magic bands. It's a special event and you're given a standard plastic button style wristband.

I haven't been to a Moonlight Magic since 2017, but unless something has changed-- only the member needs to check in with photo ID and blue membership card. Then they place the wristbands on everyone in your party. They don't check photo ID for everyone else. So in your case you can just register for a party of 9 under your name/room res.

Again, maybe the process has changed, if so my info is out of date.

You need to register and I believe it’s only 4 guests.

I got on this morning 5 minutes before and ended up #4 in the queue. All registered and super excited. It’s our first moonlight magic and first trip to Disney World.

I did get an email reminder last night so they did send some out. It came at dinner time yesterday with the link to follow to register
Neither DH nor I got an e-mail reminding me to register.

You need to register and I believe it’s only 4 guests.

OP's question was whether the 9 people attending have to be the exact 9 people on his reservation. Therefore it was implied that he had already registered/will register for him + 8 guests.

The 4 guest limit is only for those without a reservation.

So excited for the party. I saw that we get meal vouchers - does this typically mean that they won’t have the cookies/snacks and drinks that they’ve had at previous parties? I remember the dvc event at California adventure people didn’t like the meal vouchers because the lines got ridiculous for the meal.

So excited for the party. I saw that we get meal vouchers - does this typically mean that they won’t have the cookies/snacks and drinks that they’ve had at previous parties? I remember the dvc event at California adventure people didn’t like the meal vouchers because the lines got ridiculous for the meal.
Last year at DHS they had ice cream carts avail in addition to the meals vouchers given

Since it said meal voucher I’m guessing it will be like the Theme Parks where it was valid for a quick service meal (at designated locations) including a drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter