Member card

Hei_Hei

Earning My Ears
Hello, all! We are newbies to the DVC family. We purchased Direct through Disney in June. We ordered our “blue” card (DVC member card) shortly afterwards. Our rep said it could take 6-8 weeks to arrive. I’ve read some interesting stories of how some waited for months or maybe even a year to receive theirs. How long did it take for you to receive your DVC member card? We have a trip planned for October I want to take advantage of the member perks.

Last month it took only 23 days for our blue card to arrive. You should be fine I'd imagine.

I ordered mine mid April and I received one on June 18th and the second one June 20th.

Last edited:
If by chance you did not receive it before your trip there is a digital member card located online that you can use. We've actually only used that the last couple of trips.

I have a question, I just purchased 75 direct on 7/13. I already own resale purchased last summer. When I go to my dashboard and view my membership card it is blue, but when I try to request my blue card online I get the dino- saying that my membership type does not allow me to continue with this request. Is there a wait period or should I just call MS?

I have a question, I just purchased 75 direct on 7/13. I already own resale purchased last summer. When I go to my dashboard and view my membership card it is blue, but when I try to request my blue card online I get the dino- saying that my membership type does not allow me to continue with this request. Is there a wait period or should I just call MS?
You have to wait until the closing date of your direct contract. Which is likely 30 days from 7/13. It should be listed on your documents. After your settlement date a switch should turn and you’ll be able to order the card and transfer points from that contract (another thing currently limited).

If by chance you did not receive it before your trip there is a digital member card located online that you can use. We've actually only used that the last couple of trips.
I was going to say this as well. I save it as a screen shot on my phone for easy access when I need to show it for discounts. This way I only bring my phone and ID into the park and not any extra cards :)

You have to wait until the closing date of your direct contract. Which is likely 30 days from 7/13. It should be listed on your documents. After your settlement date a switch should turn and you’ll be able to order the card and transfer points from that contract (another thing currently limited).
Thank you very much for this info, I’ll stop trying till then, lol!

No you do not have to wait. I just purchased an additional contract in june. My original was resale. The day after I paid my deposit, before we even signed anything my points were loaded and I was able to order a blue card online. Now with that said I am still waiting for it to arrive. It has been about 4 weeks.

No you do not have to wait. I just purchased an additional contract in june. My original was resale. The day after I paid my deposit, before we even signed anything my points were loaded and I was able to order a blue card online. Now with that said I am still waiting for it to arrive. It has been about 4 weeks.
It could have been a mistake on their end (as for a while my resale membership was blue online for a few weeks covering the beginning of June). MS and posts on here all said you couldn’t order until post closing; so just to be sure I would reorder (wouldn’t slow it down but cover bases if your request got filtered out).

My resale purchase was in 2017 and my credentials were the typical white with restrictions. The image was replaced with the blue membership card with 2 choices, print and order the day after i paid a deposit. I was able to order the day the points appeared. Docs took about 17 days to appear on the Orange county site.

I ordered my blue card online after direct purchase in February and never received it. Placed another order online maybe two months ago and just got it in the mail today. Was a nice surprise to come home to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter